The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Uber Knows...

G

GuestUser450

Artificial Neural Networks aren't even that hard to implement today.
True but the difference between done and done well is the difference between 'cool tech' and 'mass adoption'.

If we look at the immediate future, maybe it's time to sell shovels.
More like the miners. Assuming google is the exemplar: they're 3-5 years ahead of most at "shovel-making" and giving them away for free - so we can assume the value isn't the tools but the adoption.

Tools are powerful and free, it's actionable information and communities that are valuable. Not just eyeballs, but scalable advocacy.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

ApparentHorizon

Platinum Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
301%
Apr 1, 2016
Greenville, SC
True but the difference between done and done well is the difference between 'cool tech' and 'mass adoption'.

More like the miners. Assuming google is the exemplar: they're 3-5 years ahead of most at "shovel-making" and giving them away for free - so we can assume the value isn't the tools but the adoption.

Tools are powerful and free, it's actionable information and communities that are valuable. Not just eyeballs, but scalable advocacy.

Why not both? SaaS providers, for example, can use the tech in their platforms.

Do you need mass adoption in the beginning? High price, low vol to get the ball rolling. Then you bring it to the mass market, if it's scalable, like you say - similar to Tesla.

Even if it's free (SEO for example) people are still selling the service to other biz'

shyles25

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
100%
Apr 16, 2015
@Jake That may be true but it doesn't make automated cars any safer. They are still designed by humans.

@mrarcher True as well but that just proves how generally lazy people are.

@RHL No its not a joke.

But I digress. You all have fun with your self driving cars. I'm more comfortable behind the wheel.

Jake

Platinum Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
148%
May 15, 2011
Bangkok
@Jake That may be true but it doesn't make automated cars any safer. They are still designed by humans.

Computers are designed by humans but it doesn't mean that they can't make math calculations faster than humans?

The processing power of computers is far superior to humans. Why would a computer that follows a set of instructions be more prone to accidents than a human? Once the laws are given the reactionary speed of a computer to make the correct calculation is far quicker and more reliable than a human

Lex DeVille

Sweeping Shadows From Dreams
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
597%
Jan 14, 2013
Utah
You all have fun with your self driving cars. I'm more comfortable behind the wheel.

There could be opportunity for you whether you like being behind the wheel or you prefer automation.

That said, comfort and Fastlane freedom often don't mix.

So have fun with your comfort. I'll take the cash.

shyles25

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
100%
Apr 16, 2015
@Jake I'm not saying computers arent more effecient than humans. Technologies fail all the time though no matter how many iterations there are. Cars/computers are no different.

@SinisterLex I'm talking about the driving of cars, not the business of cars. Don't get it confused. And I'm pretty sure fastlane freedom leads to comfort. If not, that's unfortunate.

safff

Redlining
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
171%
Jun 11, 2015
@Jake I'm not saying computers arent more effecient than humans. Technologies fail all the time though no matter how many iterations there are. Cars/computers are no different.

@SinisterLex I'm talking about the driving of cars, not the business of cars. Don't get it confused. And I'm pretty sure fastlane freedom leads to comfort. If not, that's unfortunate.
You only have to look at how many airbuses have crashed from the skies due to their automation to see that things failing doesn't stop progression if ''a greater good'' is seen somewhere.. much like the fastlane

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.