The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

College in other countries?

Dbbuzbee

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
86%
Jun 8, 2016
Washington DC
Hey guys,

I am looking at all my options for college coming up in a year and I discovered an option that I thought was very interesting. Going to school abroad. The main country I was looking at was Germany. Could I get some opinions on this? College would be basically free compared to the US. How hard is it to get into German colleges from America?

Thanks

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Thiago Machado

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
324%
May 20, 2014
Why do you want to go to college?

Dbbuzbee

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
86%
Jun 8, 2016
Washington DC
Why do you want to go to college?

I really want to go to college not only because of the education but the total college experience. I've heard it's 4 years unlike any other in your life and if college in another country is free then that could be even better.

Thiago Machado

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
324%
May 20, 2014
What do you want to get out of the "total college experience?"

Thiago Machado

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
324%
May 20, 2014
Btw not trying to be rude.

If I could go back in time I would not go to college.

Most people go to college because "that's what everybody is supposed to do".

So I ask you: what are your goals?

Is going to college something that is in alignment with your goals?

Is going to college a "stepping-stone" in order to get where you want to be in life?

The truth is, 99% of the things you want to learn can be found on the internet and within books.

You learn more in the real-world than in a classroom.

P.S. - The college experience of drinking and meeting girls can be done pretty much anywhere at anytime.

Last edited:

splok

Gold Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
174%
Jul 20, 2012
College would be basically free compared to the US. How hard is it to get into German colleges from America?

Just a few things to keep in mind about studying abroad, not necessarily about Germany. There might not be a tuition charge, but to get an education visa, you'll probably have to prove that you have enough money in the bank for at least the first year and maybe the entire length of the program. The cost of living might be higher than your used to (sometimes MUCH higher). Depending on the country, the programs that are offered entirely in English might be very limited or non-existent (it's common to have a few courses in English for temporary exchange students, but having the entire program be in English is very different).

As far as difficulty, that depends a ton on your background, the country you're applying to, and the university you're applying to. Imagine someone from China asking how hard it is to get into a university in the US. Well, are you applying to Harvard or a community college? Did you barely pass high school or are you in the top percent of all students applying? Do you have a chunk of cash to throw at visa requirements? You're just going to need to look at your options and all the hoops you need to jump through and do a shitton of googling.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.