The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

7 Years and No Action

A post of a ranting nature...

Mac

Bronze Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
159%
Feb 10, 2015
Stop caring about money, get over your fear of losing money. Just take a product that you already use and start making a similar version of it with a different marketing angle and make a prototype for it.

Get a lead pages, click funnel or shopify account and validate the product with FB ads or w.e ad platform you want. Start getting sales while you're working on the prototype for more motivation.

Again, it's important to stop caring about money. You need to get the idea of losing money out of your head (if you are afraid of losing money). The biggest challenge for me was being fearful about losing money or wasting money, but that just led to a lot of wasted time unicorn chasing.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Mattie

Platinum Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
129%
May 28, 2014
U.S.
So today I want to make this post to get some motivation from others and to hold myself accountable. I never post anything online nor do I ever talk about starting a business to anyone. Maybe by telling you guys
what kind of business I want to start you can make me feel accountable in actually starting it and not just talking about it.
So I'll hold you accountable. How about start by dropping the alcohol. You're not dealing with your emotional pain and suffering. Balance and ground your emotions. Frankly, until you get your mind in the right place, you're going to take another seven years.

Let's say you're abandoning yourself with alcohol, abandoning entrepreneurship, because you're hooked on some events or incidents from your past which correlate with sitting back and getting drunk. Stuck and not moving forward in life, because you fear a lot of things.

Alcohol and depression don't mix. Emotions can't be ignored. You can be all mental and fill your mind with positive things, but if you don't deal with life, you're not going to break the habits of negative self-criticism, beating yourself up, arguing with yourself about what other people do and say, and feeding into the negative criticism you get from out side yourself.

You have to evaluate your life, and figure out if you really want to succeed or just be drunk and turn the pages of the internet. If you don't take your life seriously, who will. Blocking sites, isn't the problem. It's disciplining your thoughts, emotions, and feelings, and creating new habits. When you've dealt with this part, you can move forward.

StevieB

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
269%
Jan 23, 2016
It doesn't matter if you've procrastinated for 7 years or 40 years. What matters is what you do today. Just remember that for most of us, battles are not won on some multi-million dollar contract. They aren't won in an Olympic arena or scoring some big movie contract.

They are won with everyday small decisions. At the liquor store, in the grocery store, laying on the couch or playing video games. What you do for the next 5, 10 minutes.

You can win, one battle at a time, then one day what used to be impossible will become second nature. I highly recommend Superhuman by Habit by Tynan. Steve Pavlina also has a good article on self-discipline in his blog.

Every time I'm about to make a bad decision, I remind myself that I'd prefer to win my battles not lose them. You can do this.

"
Bruce had me up to three miles a day, really at a good pace. We’d run the three miles in twenty-one or twenty-tow minutes. Just under eight minutes a mile [Note: when running on his own in 1968, Lee would get his time down to six-and-a-half minutes per mile].

So this morning he said to me “We’re going to go five.”

I said, “Bruce, I can’t go five. I’m a helluva lot older than you are, and I can’t do five.”

He said, “When we get to three, we’ll shift gears and it’s only two more and you’ll do it.”

I said “Okay, hell, I’ll go for it.”

So we get to three, we go into the fourth mile and I’m okay for three or four minutes, and then I really begin to give out.

I’m tired, my heart’s pounding, I can’t go any more and so I say to him, “Bruce if I run any more,” — and we’re still running — “if I run any more I’m liable to have a heart attack and die.” He said, “Then die.” It made me so mad that I went the full five miles.

Afterward I went to the shower and then I wanted to talk to him about it. I said, you know, “Why did you say that?” He said, “Because you might as well be dead. Seriously, if you always put limits on what you can do, physical or anything else, it’ll spread over into the rest of your life. It’ll spread into your work, into your morality, into your entire being. There are no limits. There are plateaus, but you must not stay there, you must go beyond them. If it kills you, it kills you. A man must constantly exceed his level.”

AFMKelvin

Some Profound Quote Goes Here
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
199%
Jan 26, 2016
Rice, Texas
Stop caring about money, get over your fear of losing money. Just take a product that you already use and start making a similar version of it with a different marketing angle and make a prototype for it.

Get a lead pages, click funnel or shopify account and validate the product with FB ads or w.e ad platform you want. Start getting sales while you're working on the prototype for more motivation.

Again, it's important to stop caring about money. You need to get the idea of losing money out of your head (if you are afraid of losing money). The biggest challenge for me was being fearful about losing money or wasting money, but that just led to a lot of wasted time unicorn chasing.

Well not caring about money lead me to been $5k in debt.

AFMKelvin

Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
199%
Jan 26, 2016
Rice, Texas
So I'll hold you accountable. How about start by dropping the alcohol. You're not dealing with your emotional pain and suffering. Balance and ground your emotions. Frankly, until you get your mind in the right place, you're going to take another seven years.

Let's say you're abandoning yourself with alcohol, abandoning entrepreneurship, because you're hooked on some events or incidents from your past which correlate with sitting back and getting drunk. Stuck and not moving forward in life, because you fear a lot of things.

Alcohol and depression don't mix. Emotions can't be ignored. You can be all mental and fill your mind with positive things, but if you don't deal with life, you're not going to break the habits of negative self-criticism, beating yourself up, arguing with yourself about what other people do and say, and feeding into the negative criticism you get from out side yourself.

You have to evaluate your life, and figure out if you really want to succeed or just be drunk and turn the pages of the internet. If you don't take your life seriously, who will. Blocking sites, isn't the problem. It's disciplining your thoughts, emotions, and feelings, and creating new habits. When you've dealt with this part, you can move forward.

You surprisingly just summarized pretty much what I'm going trough right now. Thanks for the input. I'm definitely dropping alcohol.

AFMKelvin

Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
199%
Jan 26, 2016
Rice, Texas
It doesn't matter if you've procrastinated for 7 years or 40 years. What matters is what you do today. Just remember that for most of us, battles are not won on some multi-million dollar contract. They aren't won in an Olympic arena or scoring some big movie contract.

They are won with everyday small decisions. At the liquor store, in the grocery store, laying on the couch or playing video games. What you do for the next 5, 10 minutes.

You can win, one battle at a time, then one day what used to be impossible will become second nature. I highly recommend Superhuman by Habit by Tynan. Steve Pavlina also has a good article on self-discipline in his blog.

Every time I'm about to make a bad decision, I remind myself that I'd prefer to win my battles not lose them. You can do this.

"
Bruce had me up to three miles a day, really at a good pace. We’d run the three miles in twenty-one or twenty-tow minutes. Just under eight minutes a mile [Note: when running on his own in 1968, Lee would get his time down to six-and-a-half minutes per mile].

So this morning he said to me “We’re going to go five.”

I said, “Bruce, I can’t go five. I’m a helluva lot older than you are, and I can’t do five.”

He said, “When we get to three, we’ll shift gears and it’s only two more and you’ll do it.”

I said “Okay, hell, I’ll go for it.”

So we get to three, we go into the fourth mile and I’m okay for three or four minutes, and then I really begin to give out.

I’m tired, my heart’s pounding, I can’t go any more and so I say to him, “Bruce if I run any more,” — and we’re still running — “if I run any more I’m liable to have a heart attack and die.” He said, “Then die.” It made me so mad that I went the full five miles.

Afterward I went to the shower and then I wanted to talk to him about it. I said, you know, “Why did you say that?” He said, “Because you might as well be dead. Seriously, if you always put limits on what you can do, physical or anything else, it’ll spread over into the rest of your life. It’ll spread into your work, into your morality, into your entire being. There are no limits. There are plateaus, but you must not stay there, you must go beyond them. If it kills you, it kills you. A man must constantly exceed his level.”

Yes that seems to be a problem of mine not having good habits which I'm trying to break. But sometimes I tell myself well only this one time. But no more only this one time is a battle lost and that's one too many. Thank you for your input.

luniac

Platinum Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
158%
Dec 7, 2012
brooklyn
Well not caring about money lead me to been $5k in debt.

The point is don't obsess over getting rich, focus on creating value. You may have to spend for awhile before you make your money back. I sure as hell didn't make my money back yet, i've spent probably over 2-3k on business related stuff so far and only made like 100 bucks lol

But im not in debt either, gtfo of debt asap bro. its a noose.

MJ DeMarco

I followed the science; all I found was money.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
446%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah
Reading about 21yo gurus that become millionaires in less than a week can be frustrating

The only competition you have is with yourself. And besides, most of those "stories" are bullshit. Selling a million dollars in product on Amazon (for whatever loss/profit) doesn't make you a millionaire.

Ninjakid

Platinum Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
217%
Jun 23, 2014
Buddy Guy Eh
When I first decided to take on entrepreneurship, I spent a year as a wantrepreneur, because I was constantly coming up with ideas, and shooting them down and analyzing rather than actually starting a business.

My friend, who has never had any interest in entrepreneurship until about two weeks ago, and arguably has more mental issues than I do, has already created a wix website, a name for himself, and started a service staffed by about 3 other people and has over a hundred clients.

Sometimes you just have to get started, and make your changes along the way.

G

GuestUser450

The only competition you have is with yourself. And besides, most of those "stories" are bullshit.

@kelvinfernandezm So much this. Stories, anecdotes and narratives are embellished accounts of what happened in the past to other people.

Don't block sites, just do your work first.

Mattie

Platinum Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
129%
May 28, 2014
U.S.
You surprisingly just summarized pretty much what I'm going trough right now. Thanks for the input. I'm definitely dropping alcohol.
Your welcome...Hope you take that seriously. It magnifies things and makes depression worse, so you're the only one who can stop it from spirally out of control.

juan917

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
181%
Jul 27, 2015
The only competition you have is with yourself. And besides, most of those "stories" are bullshit. Selling a million dollars in product on Amazon (for whatever loss/profit) doesn't make you a millionaire.

Please include this type of content in your next book :)

Ninjakid

Platinum Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
217%
Jun 23, 2014
Buddy Guy Eh

amp0193

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
443%
May 27, 2013
United States
Read "Relentless" by Tim Grover (the guy who trained Michael Jordan & Kobe Bryant)

After reading your post, I listened to the Relentless audiobook (which was very well narrated). Here are some of my favorite quotes:

"Can you be the best? Of course you can. Then why are you still questioning your ability to do it? Because at some point you made something simple into something complicated and you stopped trusting yourself... As the boxer Leon Sphinx once said when asked what he did for a living: "I knock motherfuckers out."

"Those who know, don't talk. Those who talk, don't know"

The only competition you have is with yourself.

And these 3 quotes fit well with MJ's statement:

"Don't think outside the box. There is no box."

"Michael Jordan didn't study the competition. He made the competition study him."

"If I'm feeling nervous, then how the F*ck must [the competition] be feeling... they have to deal with me."

AFMKelvin

Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
199%
Jan 26, 2016
Rice, Texas
The point is don't obsess over getting rich, focus on creating value. You may have to spend for awhile before you make your money back. I sure as hell didn't make my money back yet, i've spent probably over 2-3k on business related stuff so far and only made like 100 bucks lol

But im not in debt either, gtfo of debt asap bro. its a noose.

I got that down. I'm not really obsess on getting rich I could careless for all the fancy toys people always aspire to be rich for. But I do want a steady income to allow me to have more time to create valuable things for myself and others.

AFMKelvin

Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
199%
Jan 26, 2016
Rice, Texas
When I first decided to take on entrepreneurship, I spent a year as a wantrepreneur, because I was constantly coming up with ideas, and shooting them down and analyzing rather than actually starting a business.

My friend, who has never had any interest in entrepreneurship until about two weeks ago, and arguably has more mental issues than I do, has already created a wix website, a name for himself, and started a service staffed by about 3 other people and has over a hundred clients.

Sometimes you just have to get started, and make your changes along the way.

So true that's why I started to this post to pick something and stick to it. There's a time for learning and a time for implementing.

AFMKelvin

Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
199%
Jan 26, 2016
Rice, Texas
Please include this type of content in your next book :)
It's important to know that our habits control what we do, not so much our intentions.

Implement this, and you will definitely see a change.

https://www.thefastlaneforum.com/co...d-myself-for-success.68275/page-2#post-556980

Thanks for the link, that's some solid discipline. I will begin doing that kind of planning by writing down the goals I have to accomplish in three days and than break each goal down daily. I also like how he writes down his daily goals five times on paper. That seems like a very effective way to memorize them and stick to them.

AFMKelvin

Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
199%
Jan 26, 2016
Rice, Texas
After reading your post, I listened to the Relentless audiobook (which was very well narrated). Here are some of my favorite quotes:

"Can you be the best? Of course you can. Then why are you still questioning your ability to do it? Because at some point you made something simple into something complicated and you stopped trusting yourself... As the boxer Leon Sphinx once said when asked what he did for a living: "I knock motherfuckers out."

"Those who know, don't talk. Those who talk, don't know"

And these 3 quotes fit well with MJ's statement:

"Don't think outside the box. There is no box."

"Michael Jordan didn't study the competition. He made the competition study him."

"If I'm feeling nervous, then how the F*ck must [the competition] be feeling... they have to deal with me."

Lol. Love it. Pretty much make things as simple as possible and have no boundaries to accomplish what you're after.

AFMKelvin

Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
199%
Jan 26, 2016
Rice, Texas
This board is awesome. I have receive a lot of positive feedback on how to take action and stop wasting time in over analyzing information.

And this week has been on of the most productive week ever. Specially in getting my thoughts organized and in planning a course of action to finally get the ball rolling in my vision of someday having my own stream of passive income.

So today I will let you know my plan of action. What I hope to accomplish by letting you know my plan of action is to get feedback, links to specific information I may need and tips.

Internal

First thing first I will start by letting you know some of the habits that I hope to internalize in the next 30 days.

Get at least 8 hours of sleep.

No more alcohol.

Work on you business at least once a day. Write down the goals you wish to accomplish for the next 3 days and than break it down daily. Don't worry about what's going to happen a year, months or even weeks from now. The most important things that can happen will happen in the next three days. Write down the goals you wish to accomplish in the next 72 hours for each specific day write out your daily goal 5 times and read it out loud. That way you have visual and auditory memory of what you have to accomplish. Your brain will make it seem like its part of your survival so it will block out everything else.

Business

The business that I want to fully emerge my self in is the motorcycle scene. Motorcycles alone are both general and niche markets. General because it's the most used vehicle in the planet and niche because here in the US they are not widely used. You can further break down the market into different styles of motorcycles and the specific needs each style of motorcycles solves.

Lifetime Goal

The way I want to tap into the motorcycle market is by selling motorcycle related products. Surprisingly even though motorcycles are the most used vehicles on the planet and the oldest. The market is still untapped and not fully exploited.

I will do that by funneling traffic from all social media platforms. This includes instagram for pictures, youtube for vlogs; music videos; how to's, and a blog for posted content.

If I manage to get traffic to my social media accounts I can get users to buy whatever products I happen to sell.

1 Year Goal

In one year I will have 24 posts in my blog and at least one product for sale.

Drive Traffic To Website

I will accomplish this by posting at least two posts of original content on my blog monthly. To drive traffic to my blog I will pay motorcycle related websites for advertisement space.

The First Product

I will have one domain dedicated for my blog and one domain as a landing page for the product that I will be selling.

In this case the first product that I will be selling through the landing page and my website is a key chain. A concern of mine is if I should redirect viewers to the landing page of the product or sell it directly through my blog?

The product will be a key chain in a nicely crafted package for eye candy. The need that is solves is that it won't scratch the tank of motorcycles and will be easy to spot so the key is not forgotten on the bike.

I will be directly shipping the product myself and I will be pricing it at $10 a keychain. This includes the packaging and shipping. While we're talking about shipping, does shipping affect how your product sales? For example would I sell more if I shipped for free or if shipping is calculated at checkout and the customer must pay it out of pocket?

Thank you for your time and responses.

AFMKelvin

Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
199%
Jan 26, 2016
Rice, Texas
hey @kelvinfernandezm ,

I feel for you, I've been there, I understand the frustration and self-hate that creates these kinds of posts. I started off by making meaningless declarations on this forum too.

You know what pulled me out of that cycle?

A truth I learned from @IceCreamKid : "Daily action will yield success". Start now by doing one thing. One tangible thing that has nothing to do with reading about business, reading this forum, or posting your business plan on this forum. Those are action fakes. They feel good, and you feel like you know more... but really, the fastest way to really learn what the people on this forum are talking about is to be in the trenches, doing business.

Take it one day at a time, and don't let a day go by where you've taken zero action.

If you post your business idea, I'll give you examples of immediate actions you can take this week, if you're struggling to get the wheels in motion.

Here's my business idea.

7 Years and No Action

amp0193

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
443%
May 27, 2013
United States
Here's my business idea.

7 Years and No Action

Don't waste time on the blog right now. You're not going to build a brand with a keychain... unless I'm missing something big here. I also don't see how you're going to market a $10 product that doesn't solve a huge need. PPC is going to quickly eat up whatever small profit is there.

The keychain shouldn't take much time to get made and selling, but it would do a lot better as an upsell to another, higher dollar product.

You need to get to work on developing your first main core product for the motorcycle niche, whatever that is.

You said you want to sell multiple products, do you have any others in mind? If not, dive into motorcycle products and make a list of ones that are popular but have a lot of complaints or have people suggestion improvements to those products. You can be the guy to make that improvement.

ravenspear

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
207%
Jul 25, 2016
Haha, I got you beat, 12 years for me. Been reading this kind of stuff since I was 20, and I'm 32 now. Finally taking action this year but I could have been a lot further along. I convinced myself that I didn't have the capital to start an online business all these years but that's absurd because you don't really need much capital to start one.

I would say though, one thing I've learned is to find the positive in every situation. If you just keep kicking yourself and telling yourself that you are dumb for not taking action, then you are not going to be motivated to start now. Focus on what new advantages or things you have learned in the meantime that will now make doubly sure you are a success. For me, this was things like, now I have a LOT more capital than I did. Or, since I'm a web developer who's had a regular job in web development for the last 10 years, I now have a lot more experience about how to build websites that I will be able to leverage in my business.

AFMKelvin

Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
199%
Jan 26, 2016
Rice, Texas
Don't waste time on the blog right now. You're not going to build a brand with a keychain... unless I'm missing something big here. I also don't see how you're going to market a $10 product that doesn't solve a huge need. PPC is going to quickly eat up whatever small profit is there.

The keychain shouldn't take much time to get made and selling, but it would do a lot better as an upsell to another, higher dollar product.

You need to get to work on developing your first main core product for the motorcycle niche, whatever that is.

You said you want to sell multiple products, do you have any others in mind? If not, dive into motorcycle products and make a list of ones that are popular but have a lot of complaints or have people suggestion improvements to those products. You can be the guy to make that improvement.

The blog won't be the my main focus. But I want it to be at the center of everything else. I will also have a youtube account, instagram, twitter etc. What I hope to achieve is to get popular among the motorcycle community on all social media accounts. Once the audience is large enough you can sell them pretty much anything.

Of course I won't be building a big brand with just a key chain. But it will help spread the word once I make the key chains with my brand name on it. The key chain I plan to sell is a very popular style among bikers.

The reason I want to start selling key chains is because this is my first product, the first time I ever do any type of online marketing and what not. Key chains are easy to order and to try to sell. I just want to get a feel for what I'm getting into. Plus I'm 5 thousand dollars in debt so for now it's also the cheapest option I have.

Yes I have other products in mind. One of them is a new security alarm for motorcycles. Because the ones out on the market today just suck. It's been 12 years since smartphones have been around and they still haven't figured out how to integrate motorcycle security via phone to phone communication. But like I said before I don't have the cash on hand to dive into that yet.

AFMKelvin

Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
199%
Jan 26, 2016
Rice, Texas
Haha, I got you beat, 12 years for me. Been reading this kind of stuff since I was 20, and I'm 32 now. Finally taking action this year but I could have been a lot further along. I convinced myself that I didn't have the capital to start an online business all these years but that's absurd because you don't really need much capital to start one.

I would say though, one thing I've learned is to find the positive in every situation. If you just keep kicking yourself and telling yourself that you are dumb for not taking action, then you are not going to be motivated to start now. Focus on what new advantages or things you have learned in the meantime that will now make doubly sure you are a success. For me, this was things like, now I have a LOT more capital than I did. Or, since I'm a web developer who's had a regular job in web development for the last 10 years, I now have a lot more experience about how to build websites that I will be able to leverage in my business.

Yes I'm looking at the positive side of all this. It took me 7 years to finally integrate all the information I knew. At least that's what I tell myself.

Online business are the cheapest and easiest businesses to start since all you are doing is putting informational systems in place. They are cheaper than physical items to sell.

amp0193

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
443%
May 27, 2013
United States
The blog won't be the my main focus. But I want it to be at the center of everything else. I will also have a youtube account, instagram, twitter etc. What I hope to achieve is to get popular among the motorcycle community on all social media accounts. Once the audience is large enough you can sell them pretty much anything.

Nothing wrong with being the authority. I think it's fine, just don't lose sight of the end goal.

The key chain I plan to sell is a very popular style among bikers.

Interesting, go for it then.

Yes I have other products in mind. One of them is a new security alarm for motorcycles. Because the ones out on the market today just suck. It's been 12 years since smartphones have been around and they still haven't figured out how to integrate motorcycle security via phone to phone communication. But like I said before I don't have the cash on hand to dive into that yet.

Good thinking, I think this would be a great route to go once you have some cash. Between app developers and electronics development/qc, It's definitely going to need a good amount to get this rolling. 15-20k maybe at a minimum? Try to think of other ways you can hustle together some money. There are some Gold hustle threads here, here's one: https://www.thefastlaneforum.com/co...uses-are-now-void-now-with-exact-steps.66084/

There are members of this forum in the security niche, you might search for them and look them up. Not going to share names out of privacy, but maybe you can figure it out.

AFMKelvin

Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
199%
Jan 26, 2016
Rice, Texas
Too bad I can't see the link you gave me since I'm not an INSIDERS. But thanks for it anyways.

I'll search for them once I eventually get to the point where I want to fully go forward with the idea of motorcycle security. Right now I'm just focused on the key chain and blog.

Envision

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
783%
May 5, 2014
Here's my business idea.

7 Years and No Action

Dude, its good that you're getting on track but that is a BS outline.

24 blog posts and 1 product? How is that going to get you anywhere?

You literally need to make money right now and this just seems like busy work. You could get that crap done in a week and it still wouldnt make money because there is no need for keychains because most companies give them away for free. Im staring at like 6 on my desk right now.

Aside from your health and overall mental state you need to focus on INCOME PRODUCING ACTIVITIES. Selling keychains and writing blog posts is not the right path.

I would:

Get a job
Save all your money aside from the must spend living expenses.
Start attending all real estate and entreprenuer meet ups
Network with everyone
Find out who the big hitters are
Offer to work for them for free
Work for one of them for free, for as long as you can while working your other job.
Learn their business, whether its sales, insurance, real estate, ecomm work to learn and help them
Dont even think about getting anything out of it, you are using your job to survive and your mentorship to accelerate your understanding.
Eventually you will understand enough to get into the field, partner up with someone, or work in that field. Get a job or partner with your mentor
This comes after providing all of the value and never asking for anything in return.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.