The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Norwegian guy living in the US - on the Fastlane to true, passive income...

Eskil

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
418%
Jul 18, 2012
Scottsdale, AZ
Hey everyone!
I've been lurking around the forums now for a couple of days and finally got around to register my profile today.

So who am I? My name is Eskil, I'm 39 and originally come from Norway. I have studied, worked, and lived in the US on and off since 1996 (when I first came here as a student). I am known by many in the affiliate marketing communities under my screen name "ImagesAndWords" (especially on the Wickedfire forum, where I have been an active member since 2006), but I decided to use my real name for this forum. ;)

A brief background:
I began using the internet in 1992 (before the days of the web), but had my first computer in 1988. In 2004, I founded a web hosting company in Norway - and turned it into quite a success with several thousand customers from many countries in just a few years. It was my first real taste of owning a business - and I knew I wanted more! The problem was - I had grown too quickly, and the workload and management was just too much for me at a time when I was still a pretty inexperienced business owner. So, I later sold that company in 2008 and decided I would pursue other income streams.
I went through a few years doing affiliate marketing and consulting for clients. My strongest skills are in selling and marketing - traits that I feel are extremely important to have if you want to be successful with anything involving a business.

However, it would still take me some time to realize that affiliate and internet marketing would never become the passive income business I had thought it would. I learned LOTS of things through these last years - but in the end, I still really didn't have a REAL business.

My Roadmap
In the past 12 months, I feel that I have matured a lot in terms of business sense. I now have a much clearer vision of what I want to accomplish and strive for - largely thanks to our friend, Mr. DeMarco's truly amazing book. The Millionaire Fastlane book really made me think about my life and where I'm at. Not to mention what is really possible!! I am thankful for him writing this book. And I am thankful to have had the learning experiences (failures and mistakes) that have brought me to where I am today.

I now know, that with my new knowledge and mindset - I can truly accomplish the passive income lifestyle I always wanted. Freedom to do whatever I want, whenever I want, wherever I want - with the people who mean the most to me. That - is my goal, and I will succeed.

As of this writing, I am working on launching a supplements business. Other things I have in the works are a pet product business (for my wife), partnering 50% with a mobile B2B app business, and pursuing two patent ideas with the goal of licensing them to two different industries. These are exciting times to be an entrepreneur!!

I look forward to joining all of you in the Fastlane, and I'm strapping on my seatbelt for a thrill ride!

P.S. Can I post links here yet as a completely new member?
I wrote a book review today of TMF on my blog, but I'm not sure if I will get auto-banned if I post a link to it in my first post, lol.

My personal business blog is at Profitapolis [dot] com for those who want to check that out - and you can follow me on Twitter at @ImagesAndWords

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

The-J

Dog Dad
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
264%
Aug 28, 2011
Ontario
Images and Words, like the Dream Theater album? o.o

Welcome!

The-J

Dog Dad
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
264%
Aug 28, 2011
Ontario
Your like brought me back to this post. \m/

I'd say it's a worthy bump, too, considering that you're now a legendary contributor with several gold threads.

Out of curiosity: you've been here for a little over 4 years and since then, you've started several businesses; one of which won a Kickstarter campaign and is currently selling quite well.

What would you say is the most important lesson you've learned from your experiences since joining the forum?

Eskil

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
418%
Jul 18, 2012
Scottsdale, AZ
Your like brought me back to this post. \m/
I'd say it's a worthy bump, too, considering that you're now a legendary contributor with several gold threads.
Out of curiosity: you've been here for a little over 4 years and since then, you've started several businesses; one of which won a Kickstarter campaign and is currently selling quite well.
What would you say is the most important lesson you've learned from your experiences since joining the forum?

Hey my metal brother... ;) \m/
There are many lessons learned, but I think if I was to pick one - it would be this;

The moment you are onto something that you know truly follows all the Fastlane rules - do consistent, persistent, ongoing action every single day. The "take action" is a bit cliche, and it doesn't work if you only take action now and then randomly - fooling yourself into thinking you are "working on it".

No: Every. Day. Take. Action. Several actions. Some can be small and some more important. But the consolidated long term effect of relentlessly going at it is truly the key to it. Since the moment I started on my StayblCam project, I have literally done something with it practically every day. For a couple of years now. The few exceptions are major holidays and when I'm away on vacation (everybody needs downtime and that should never be neglected).

But I mean, on all normal days throughout the week, month, and year - DO SOMETHING. And always prioritize the tasks that are most likely to drive you forward or drive money in that moment. The quickest way to fall out of your Fastlane vehicle and into the gutter is the "meh...I'll do it tomorrow/next week"

If you have 12 things on your todo list for one day, ALWAYS do the ones that are most important to your growth or your bottom line FIRST. Then do the other stuff. Rinse and repeat.

Do this, and you 100% will make serious progress.

Andy Black

Help people. Get paid. Help more people.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
370%
May 20, 2014
Ireland
There are many lessons learned, but I think if I was to pick one - it would be this;

The moment you are onto something that you know truly follows all the Fastlane rules - do consistent, persistent, ongoing action every single day. The "take action" is a bit cliche, and it doesn't work if you only take action now and then randomly - fooling yourself into thinking you are "working on it".

No: Every. Day. Take. Action. Several actions. Some can be small and some more important. But the consolidated long term effect of relentlessly going at it is truly the key to it. Since the moment I started on my StayblCam project, I have literally done something with it practically every day. For a couple of years now. The few exceptions are major holidays and when I'm away on vacation (everybody needs downtime and that should never be neglected).

But I mean, on all normal days throughout the week, month, and year - DO SOMETHING. And always prioritize the tasks that are most likely to drive you forward or drive money in that moment. The quickest way to fall out of your Fastlane vehicle and into the gutter is the "meh...I'll do it tomorrow/next week"

If you have 12 things on your todo list for one day, ALWAYS do the ones that are most important to your growth or your bottom line FIRST. Then do the other stuff. Rinse and repeat.

The word I took from that was: RELENTLESS

Thanks @Eskil

The-J

Dog Dad
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
264%
Aug 28, 2011
Ontario

Rep+ and should be the post of the day.
#postoftheday
#notable

I've been struggling with a lack of confidence in a project I started. Because of that, I've been putting off getting it out there.

If I had been working on getting it out there every single day since I started, it would have been released and making me money.

Here's to daily action. Back to work

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.

More Intros...