The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Need Partner for Call Center

SunnyN

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
76%
Oct 2, 2014
Hey guys,
Call-Center-Featured-Image.jpg
I am glad to hv come upon this forum. Here, i met sm guys and all of us took a course on tech entrepreneurship MOOC which has immensely helped me in my life. Also, this forum has provided me lots of inspiration and clarity whenever i tht things were getting too complicated or confusing. So, first of all, my sincere thanks to this site.
I am from India and i worked in a call center a couple of years ago, and India is a good place for call centers catering to USA, UK and Australian clients. I need someone who is a resident of US to partner with me on the call center project that i have in my mind. The strategy is as such:
1. My American friend finds and pitches companies in US for the different processes (like mortgage process, sales, generating leads and much more) We can discuss more on that.
2.Once we get the deal from the client, we start focusing on the India side operations.
3.I have good contacts in the call center industry, where we can hire those call centers to work out on our deals. We pay them money when they make sales, and leaving the rest of the profit for us to make.
4. This way, when we are in our fledgeling state we don't have to worry about our company's infrastructure like building, employees, payroll, and other procedures.

I am really very passionate about this plan, and this business model is very good. Plz reply me on this thread, if you are interested or have any queries or feedback.

Thanx a lot, FASTLANERS :)

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

HotRocket

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
57%
Jun 14, 2016
Hey guys,
View attachment 12485
I am glad to hv come upon this forum. Here, i met sm guys and all of us took a course on tech entrepreneurship MOOC which has immensely helped me in my life. Also, this forum has provided me lots of inspiration and clarity whenever i tht things were getting too complicated or confusing. So, first of all, my sincere thanks to this site.
I am from India and i worked in a call center a couple of years ago, and India is a good place for call centers catering to USA, UK and Australian clients. I need someone who is a resident of US to partner with me on the call center project that i have in my mind. The strategy is as such:
1. My American friend finds and pitches companies in US for the different processes (like mortgage process, sales, generating leads and much more) We can discuss more on that.
2.Once we get the deal from the client, we start focusing on the India side operations.
3.I have good contacts in the call center industry, where we can hire those call centers to work out on our deals. We pay them money when they make sales, and leaving the rest of the profit for us to make.
4. This way, when we are in our fledgeling state we don't have to worry about our company's infrastructure like building, employees, payroll, and other procedures.

I am really very passionate about this plan, and this business model is very good. Plz reply me on this thread, if you are interested or have any queries or feedback.

I am familiar with the call centers in Costa Rica as well... Living in Canada right now. I'd be interested in helping with this.

Platinum Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
343%
May 21, 2011
Hey guys,
View attachment 12485

Sounds great! Send your bank details and email, I'll wire the monies and send my SSN directly.

SunnyN

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
76%
Oct 2, 2014
I am familiar with the call centers in Costa Rica as well... Living in Canada right now. I'd be interested in helping with this.

Hi HotRocket, thanx for ur interest. It's even better that you can bring in some of ur experience from Costa Rica :tiphat:
Can u give me ur email id? We will carry out our future communications via email.

Lex DeVille

Sweeping Shadows From Dreams
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
597%
Jan 14, 2013
Utah
Hate to burst your bubble but...call centers are literally on the chopping block.

Top 100 Jobs At Risk of Being Replaced by Robots

Telemarketers are #1 on the list.

Customer service and pretty much all unskilled labor...going bye bye in just a few years.

Already happening at McDonalds & Wendy's. Won't make sense to use foreigners much longer.

Not when a computer speaks faster clearer cheaper English and never makes mistakes.

Personally I wouldn't touch this with a 10 foot pole.

Here's one from the Wall Street Journal:

Robots on Track to Bump Humans from Call Center Jobs

On a side note, now IS the right time to build a call-center automation app. :)

SunnyN

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
76%
Oct 2, 2014
Sounds great! Send your bank details and email, I'll wire the monies and send my SSN directly.
Sry Dude, i m looking for a genuine partnership here, rather than just monies. Hope u aren't offended.

ZCP

Legendary Contributor
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
336%
Oct 22, 2010
Woodstock, GA
Start with an intro thread and maybe a thread on your vast knowledge of call centers.

Do not start with a sales pitch. This is not the community for that.

Give to get.

TheNextTrump

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
166%
Jun 7, 2012
Omaha, NE.
Customer service and pretty much all unskilled labor...going bye bye in just a few years.

I'm really happy to hear this, means my customer service departments will always out shine any company that converts to bots.

Sure, I would rather talk to a robot, rather than some customer service rep that can't speak the language properly, any day of the week.

All of my reps will be people that speak crisp, and clear English.

Not when a computer speaks faster clearer cheaper English and never makes mistakes.
Unless your talking about siri, I'd be interested in hearing a few examples?

Every system I deal with is pretty garbage.
(My banks, cell provider, internet and cable providers to name a few)

They are SLOW, super slow. And if you speak to soon, or accidently press the wrong button, you have to start all the way back at the beginning.

You have to sit through a list of multiple options and if you make an error more than once, some times they will just hang up.

I know there are multiple upsides, but at the end of the day, I think human customer service reps will always play a major role in biz.

Lex DeVille

FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
597%
Jan 14, 2013
Utah
I'm really happy to hear this, means my customer service departments will always out shine any company that converts to bots.

Sure, I would rather talk to a robot, rather than some customer service rep that can't speak the language properly, any day of the week.

All of my reps will be people that speak crisp, and clear English.

Unless your talking about siri, I'd be interested in hearing a few examples?

Every system I deal with is pretty garbage.
(My banks, cell provider, internet and cable providers to name a few)

They are SLOW, super slow. And if you speak to soon, or accidently press the wrong button, you have to start all the way back at the beginning.

You have to sit through a list of multiple options and if you make an error more than once, some times they will just hang up.

I know there are multiple upsides, but at the end of the day, I think human customer service reps will always play a major role in biz.

I don't recall the names of the players that are better than Siri, but it's pretty safe to say better versions are coming. Robotic voices won't be the norm much longer. Pushing numbers and pound signs won't be the norm either. The creators of Siri are working on a better version under a different name currently, as is Google, Amazon and several others.

The statement that unskilled labor is going bye bye isn't made half-heartedly. These same kinds of predictions put companies like Google and Amazon at the top. There's a semi-secret race going on between the biggest companies in the world to see who can automate the most stuff the fastest because the one with the best tech wins.

Keep in mind I tend to think BIG. Not sure why, and some might call it "dreaming" but the way things have always been is not the way they're going to stay and it's not the way they'll be in 5 to 10 years. There are bots right now that can chat as well as humans (text) and write blog articles indiscernible by others. Other bots will speak indiscernibly from humans as soon as the tech is ready.

The Economic Singularity offers a good overview if you want to check it out.

Just came out this year and covers predictions over the next 10 / 20 / 30 year periods.

Some companies will definitely keep humans on staff as long as possible. Some humans will be necessary in management positions for even longer. But when your competitor has software that speaks as good as a human, never forgets, never sleeps, and never makes mistakes, not to mention a life-time cost significantly lower and no human drama - then you'll be forced to do the same or your profits and your customers will likely disappear.

Why would customers stick with you when they can get the same, if not better, probably exponentially better service by crossing the street and using the company on board with tech?

A human in a call-center can create value or not. This is completely 100% true.

It's also true for automated software. Especially when machine learning comes into play.

The difference is that machines tend to improve while humans can go either way (and never improve exponentially).

Note: This doesn't account for if humans merge with machines at some point.
Note: These are reasons why I wouldn't touch a call-center. Not an argument for or against your decision to do so.

How Amazon Triggered a Robot Arms Race

Why Amazon Echo is Better to Talk to than Siri

Apple Supplier Foxcon Replaces 60,000 Humans with Robots

People think Robots are Coming for Many Jobs but Not for Theirs

devine

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Apr 16, 2015
Russia
A human will always prefer another human helping him out with his problems.
This is why premium-quality call centers will always be a business and programmed response customer support won't be anything big within next 10 years. And won't be any worthwhile within next ~13.

If you want to create a cheap-a$$, low-quality call-center to provide broken english, no manners customer support to useless companies - that's not business, that's crap.
If you want to create something really good - there is a market free from competition for at least the next 20 years. It's hard to replace an average, weak worker, and it's impossible to replace an excellent one. And if you don't do excellent - your business will suffer from all sorts of issues.

By the way: People always underestimate the fact that there is 7 billion people on our planet. There is ALWAYS a niche available.

Last edited:

mrarcher

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
275%
Jan 26, 2016
Scotland
I don't recall the names of the players that are better than Siri, but it's pretty safe to say better versions are coming. Robotic voices won't be the norm much longer. Pushing numbers and pound signs won't be the norm either. The creators of Siri are working on a better version under a different name currently, as is Google, Amazon and several others.

The statement that unskilled labor is going bye bye isn't made half-heartedly. These same kinds of predictions put companies like Google and Amazon at the top. There's a semi-secret race going on between the biggest companies in the world to see who can automate the most stuff the fastest because the one with the best tech wins.

Keep in mind I tend to think BIG. Not sure why, and some might call it "dreaming" but the way things have always been is not the way they're going to stay and it's not the way they'll be in 5 to 10 years. There are bots right now that can chat as well as humans (text) and write blog articles indiscernible by others. Other bots will speak indiscernibly from humans as soon as the tech is ready.

Just came out this year and covers predictions over the next 10 / 20 / 30 year periods.

Some companies will definitely keep humans on staff as long as possible. Some humans will be necessary in management positions for even longer. But when your competitor has software that speaks as good as a human, never forgets, never sleeps, and never makes mistakes, not to mention a life-time cost significantly lower and no human drama - then you'll be forced to do the same or your profits and your customers will likely disappear.

Why would customers stick with you when they can get the same, if not better, probably exponentially better service by crossing the street and using the company on board with tech?

It's also true for automated software. Especially when machine learning comes into play.

The difference is that machines tend to improve while humans can go either way (and never improve exponentially).

Note: These are reasons why I wouldn't touch a call-center. Not an argument for or against your decision to do so.

and how do the masses earn money to become customers? I don't buy robots taking over. Companies will shoot themselves in the foot.

mrarcher

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
275%
Jan 26, 2016
Scotland
A human will always prefer another human helping him out with his problems.
This is why premium-quality call centers will always be a business and programmed response customer support won't be anything big within next 10 years. And won't be any worthwhile within next ~13.

If you want to create a cheap-a$$, low-quality call-center to provide broken english, no manners customer support to useless companies - that's not business, that's crap.
If you want to create something really good - there is a market free from competition for at least the next 20 years. It's hard to replace an average, weak worker, and it's impossible to replace an excellent one. And if you don't do excellent - your business will suffer from all sorts of issues.

By the way: People always underestimate the fact that there is 7 billion people on our planet. There is ALWAYS a niche available.
Totally agree here. I'm from Britain and the best service over the phone I have had was from Netflix. The Americans have a really good and polite way of customer service. It makes a huge difference. There is even a big rental car company here that promotes the fact it's a british company with American customer service.

Lex DeVille

FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
597%
Jan 14, 2013
Utah
and how do the masses earn money to become customers? I don't buy robots taking over. Companies will shoot themselves in the foot.

If you really want to know feel free to book tickets, fly all across the world and go in person to the top schools and businesses, track down the brightest minds of this century and ask them about these issues.

Or just use the automated bot that instantly delivers infinite knowledge to your fingertips. I wonder which one you'll choose.

www.google.com

You could also read the book I posted above. It discusses such issues. Or make generalizations based on nothing as your response and the response before it have done. That's called conviction. Look it up in the dictionary if you own one. Or just use the automated dictionary at your fingertips that does the same thing, but faster, isn't outdated, and doesn't require you to get up from your seat. I wonder which one you'll choose.

www.dictionary.com

---
---

Here are some other convictions you may be familiar with.

Man will never reach the moon regardless of all future scientific advances.
Dr. Lee Forest

The bomb will never go off. I speak as an expert in explosives.
Admiral William Leahy

There is no likelihood man can ever tap the power of the atom.
Robert Millikan

I think there is a world market for maybe five computers.
Thomas Watson

This ‘telephone’ has too many shortcomings to be seriously considered as a means of communication. The device is inherently of no value to us.
Western Union

The wireless music box has no imaginable commercial value. Who would pay for a message sent to nobody in particular?
David Sarnoff Associates

Heavier-than-air flying machines are impossible.
Lord Kelvin

Airplanes are interesting toys but of no military value.
Marechal Ferdinand Foch

There is no reason anyone would want a computer in their home.
Ken Olson

Everything that can be invented has been invented.
Charles H. Duell

Source

---

The universe doesn't care about opinions.

Things only aren't true until they are.

P.S. I didn't say robots are taking over. I said unskilled labor is going bye bye. There's a difference. Artificial intelligence automates individual tasks. Sometimes it automates entire jobs. Call centers are at the top of the list for automation, meaning it's very very likely to happen. Automation meaning the technology will be solid enough to replace most, if not all human representatives to the satisfaction of other humans.

Again, that's why I wouldn't touch this. Not an argument for or against your position.

To avoid derailing this thread further, this is my last reply.

Last edited:

TheNextTrump

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
166%
Jun 7, 2012
Omaha, NE.

1. My original comment was directed towards business's that I plan to launch / own down the line. Most if not every one of your points were directed towards Amazon and Google.
Which is an entirely different ball game.
What works for them, won't necessarily work for every other business on the map.

2. I am all for automation and realize that is "where" the world is headed. Companies like Amazon and Google should be competing to produce the best tech year after year, but to say "the best tech wins" in any business, is not correct.

-If I launch a car dealership, having better technology isn't going to make my car lot the best in the area.

-Just as, the Marriot won't dominate the hotel industry by having the best tech.

3. I to am a dreamer, like to think outside the box, and fully understand our world we live in is every changing. However, "predictions" are predictions.
No one is arguing that technology is on the rise, and machines are replacing pointless tasks/duties that simply don't require a human being.

All about it.

4. My original point:
I'm not a fan of robotic answering machines that offer a snail process of reaching some one to assist your situation when dealing with a company.

I am fully aware that bigger and better technologies are being built and will launch relatively soon.

If you take out the robotic voice, all the button pushing, and make it a completely flawless process that never makes a mistake, never misses a beat, and can out perform any human being on the planet 365 days a year.

Well that my friend, is again an entire different ball game. But, still has 0 impact on my thoughts on the subject.

______

5. Generalizing every business as one, and stating competition will cross the street due to better technology makes me question your complete point.

Your a great writer, and make some solid points. You make sure to include your copy skills and all the articles you've read to back it all up.

But at the end of the day, nothing you said was relevant to my original point.

_______
I will only have winners on my team, no matter the biz.

They will be qualified, good at what they do, and most importantly have integrity.

Which is why I open the doors to any competitor down the line that thinks their "2nd gen siri automated phone bot" has any shot at competing with my customer service department.

_______

Lastly, there will always be a need for call centers with real human beings.

Take a life insurance business for example.

Should I be worried about the company having some sort of a siri bot calling their prospects or the company down the street with a call center full of closers?

________

Either way, you do you, and I'll do me.

Best success

Platinum Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
343%
May 21, 2011
Hate to burst your bubble but...call centers are literally on the chopping block.

Top 100 Jobs At Risk of Being Replaced by Robots

Telemarketers are #1 on the list.

Already happening at McDonalds & Wendy's. Won't make sense to use foreigners much longer.

Personally I wouldn't touch this with a 10 foot pole.

Here's one from the Wall Street Journal:

Robots on Track to Bump Humans from Call Center Jobs

On a side note, now IS the right time to build a call-center automation app. :)

There's a difference between customer service and telemarketing. A computer will never be able to sell shit to anyone. As for customer service call centers, I'm all about the pressing zero 100 times.

mrarcher

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
275%
Jan 26, 2016
Scotland
There's a difference between customer service and telemarketing. A computer will never be able to sell shit to anyone. As for customer service call centers, I'm all about the pressing zero 100 times.
Interestingly here in the uk you do get terrible automated calls attempting to sell PPI. Don't see it working too well though. You'll still get the odd tin foil hat people like me that'll always pick the cashier, never buy an automated car and never carry a smart phone. TBH I hope that it goes the other way and people will get fed up of dealing with machines and bored of the internet. Only time will tell but unskilled workers are great for spending so they are going to need money somehow. Not everyone will get a college education. On a lighter note after reading that list I would love to see an automated door to door salesman going through the likes of drumchapel in Glasgow. It would have no chance of leaving in one piece.

devine

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Apr 16, 2015
Russia
Funnily, computer will be able to sell stuff better than majority of salespeople.
You know why?

Because computer is much more accurately analyzing emotions, speech patterns and pre-existing information.
People don't buy not because salespeople don't make them want to buy. People don't buy because salespeople make them not want to buy.

Platinum Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
343%
May 21, 2011
Funnily, computer will be able to sell stuff better than majority of salespeople.
You know why?

Because computer is much more accurately analyzing emotions, speech patterns and pre-existing information.
People don't buy not because salespeople don't make them want to buy. People don't buy because salespeople make them not want to buy.

That's the dumbest thing I think I've ever heard.

AlexanderCordero

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
129%
Oct 10, 2016
Hey guys,
View attachment 12485

Wondering if this ever took off?

AlexanderCordero

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
129%
Oct 10, 2016
You know why?

Point me to that technology to disrupt the real estate industry.... please. Will save me so much time. Will be able to go through tons of data and have the perfect house shown each time.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.