The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Advices for young guys

Dreds

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
29%
May 2, 2015
Hello everyone, i'm a young guy who is writing from Europe, i started to work from few months (and i don't like of course), so i'm trying to save money as much as possible. I would like to hear from everyone (especially from epxerts users) what you would you do in my situation, with a couple of money? (1-2 years of savings) How would you start? Naturally i'm talking about European market. I hope this thread will help others young guys like me. Hope to hear a lot of suggestions, every advice is accepted!

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

devine

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Apr 16, 2015
Russia
G

Guest34764

Spend money to make money.

Buy low sell high.

Flip and hustle.

Repeat.

It's fun too because one mistake can make ruin your day but a success makes your week, It's all a part of the game.

ravenspear

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
207%
Jul 25, 2016
1) read this book, even if you don't work in an office:
https://www.amazon.com/Secrets-Winning-Office-Politics-Influence/dp/0312332181/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1471283654&sr=8-1&keywords=office politics

That one book would have saved me years of grief.

2) start a business on the side
3) get lots of feedback in here. Ask lots of questions about your business.

I haven't read the book but for me the secret to winning office politics is don't play the game.

Other people in the office are angling to get ahead of each other and move up the corporate ladder because they view that as the path for their career advancement. But if you are going fastlane, you shouldn't care about any of that because moving up in your job is not what is going to be your desired destination. I still work hard and do a good job, but I could care less about playing the political games you need to play to get into middle management or whatever.

ravenspear

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
207%
Jul 25, 2016
Spend money to make money.

I think this is the simplest description there is of how to become wealthy.

Most people are consumers. They spend money to buy things and acquire material possessions.

To become wealthy you must spend your money on acquiring assets that generate you more money.

Jon L

Platinum Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
272%
Aug 22, 2015
Bellevue, WA
I haven't read the book but for me the secret to winning office politics is don't play the game.

Other people in the office are angling to get ahead of each other and move up the corporate ladder because they view that as the path for their career advancement. But if you are going fastlane, you shouldn't care about any of that because moving up in your job is not what is going to be your desired destination. I still work hard and do a good job, but I could care less about playing the political games you need to play to get into middle management or whatever.
yeah, that's not what this book is about. The main point of the book is that everyone plays politics, regardless of what profession you're in, or whether you own the business. Might as well be good at it. (and being good at politics doesn't necessarily mean you're a lying bastard - another point of the book - in fact, the vast majority of the time, lying bastards don't do very well over the long haul)

Jon L

Platinum Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
272%
Aug 22, 2015
Bellevue, WA
"Spend money to make money"

I really don't like this viewpoint. Its a bit like saying, 'put gas in your car to win the Indianapolis 500.' Well, yeah, that's true, but its quite beside the point.

"Add value to make money" is a much better way of looking at things.

With this approach, you realize that people on this forum make a TON of money without spending anything. How do they do it? They add value to the people and the businesses they do business with.

devine

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Apr 16, 2015
Russia
"Spend money to make money"

I really don't like this viewpoint. Its a bit like saying, 'put gas in your car to win the Indianapolis 500.' Well, yeah, that's true, but its quite beside the point.

I know quite a few people who didn't invest a single dollar in their business, but invested milli+ in learning.
The more you invest in learning, the less your expenses are.

G

Guest34764

My post was a little confusing.

I meant this as relative to flipping.Something that everyone should try at one point, and especially younger people so they can dip their hands into selling.

Yes I do agree with "Add value to make money".

Sorry for the confusion.

Andy Black

Help people. Get paid. Help more people.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
370%
May 20, 2014
Ireland
What's the rush?

The-J

Dog Dad
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
264%
Aug 28, 2011
Ontario
I know quite a few people who didn't invest a single dollar in their business, but invested milli+ in learning.
The more you invest in learning, the less your expenses are.

This is evident in the service business.

People who are completely broke (like, $0 in the bank) can start by offering a service that they know how to provide consistently. They focus on getting leads and filling up their work schedule, first. Then, they hire people and scale to other geos or other web traffic sources.

Also, people who are completely broke can find a lot of knowledge online for free. Then, once they start making money, they can start paying for the real stuff from the mouth of people who actually are successful, but won't tell certain things online or in their books.

So, uh, yeah. My advice to young people is to (1) learn how to talk to people, and (2) learn a service to provide that has an obvious value-add. You get better at both these things the more you do them. Start with friends and family, then branch out to friends of friends and friends of family, then branch out to people you don't know.

Sounds easy? Well, it's the foundation of all service business and it's how people have been surviving for thousands of years.

Last edited:

Frankie Relax

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
112%
May 1, 2015
Italy
To all young guys that don't know what to do:

1) Read all gold topics, especially this one.
2) Take action.
3) Fail.
4) Repeat.

Are you suggesting to repeat failing?

I think if you don't know what to do, but take action only because you "must take action" you will only lose your time, your money and your effort. After that, you will lose and you will become discouraged and depressed.

I built websites, started blogs, youtube channels, wrote books and did many other things. Well, I just wasted my time, my money and my energies.

Longinus

Platinum Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
441%
Aug 28, 2014
Poland / Belgium
Are you suggesting to repeat failing?

I think if you don't know what to do, but take action only because you "must take action" you will only lose your time, your money and your effort. After that, you will lose and you will become discouraged and depressed.

I built websites, started blogs, youtube channels, wrote books and did many other things. Well, I just wasted my time, my money and my energies.

Yes, you are 100% correct.

It's all a waste of time if you give up after your failures and choose an ordinary life instead. Besides, all the successful people on this forum never felt discouraged or depressed, or failed even.

So yes, better wait and think about your plan how not to fail.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.