The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Private message question

rocksolid

Bronze Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
25%
Nov 17, 2008
New York
I try to send a private message and I get this message

[h=3]The following errors occurred with your submission[/h]
  • You have reached your stored private message quota and cannot send any further messages until space has been created.
I only have 5 messages in my in box. Is that all I am allowed to store at a time?

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

MJ DeMarco

I followed the science; all I found was money.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
445%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah
100 is the quota, I believe this includes everything, SENT, OLD, INBOX, DELETED, etc. Delete some older PMs in your sent or received box.

ExecutionisKing

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
130%
Jan 3, 2014
MI
Sorry to bump this thread, but for as simple of an issue as I think my problem is, I thought a new thread wouldn't be called for.
I'm no stranger to forum's, though this place is nothing like the other ones I'm at (in a good way), but I can't for the life of me figure out how to send a pm. I've looked all over my profile page with no success, so I'm not sure what I missed.

I'm on the latest version of chrome. Do I have some kind of account restriction being as new as I am?
I appreciate any help.

MJ DeMarco

Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
445%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah
Click your USERNAME (upper right in the navbar) and select CONVERSATIONS. PMs are labeled Conversations with this software. You should have normal privileges to use them.

ExecutionisKing

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
130%
Jan 3, 2014
MI
Yes, thanks MJ, I did realize they were called conversations. I should have said that when I get to that page, I can't figure out how to create a new message. I must be blind. I think I've clicked on everything on that page.

Attachments

• pm\'s.JPG
    pm\'s.JPG
    158.7 KB · Views: 39

ExecutionisKing

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
130%
Jan 3, 2014
MI
Still haven't figured this out. I see my empty inbox, but not where to create a new message at.
I tried on Firefox as well but that didn't help. This can't be that hard. I must be missing something.

MJ DeMarco

Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
445%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah
Ahhhhhh... I see the problem

You just registered.

To combat spammers, new registrants cannot create new conversations until after 1 day and 1 post.

You've made at least 1 post and after today you will make the 1 day criteria. Tomorrow you will be able, or maybe even later tonight.

ExecutionisKing

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
130%
Jan 3, 2014
MI
Ahhhhhh... I see the problem

You just registered.

To combat spammers, new registrants cannot create new conversations until after 1 day and 1 post.

You've made at least 1 post and after today you will make the 1 day criteria. Tomorrow you will be able, or maybe even later tonight.

Ah. Got it. Glad I'm not going crazy after all. Thanks.

Just created an account and already ready to start sending pm's huh?

Haha, well I actually found this forum in my google search results based on a thread where members were discussing a few different aspects to a particular "self-employed" job, and which facets of this job would be most likely and easily scaled into a fastlane career.
I had been doing some of what they were discussing on a small scale, but was looking for more information and insight, and they invited members to ask any questions they had.

Before I even got around to writing my questions down in order to join on here and ask them, I saw the name of the book on the forum, looked it up, and read it. That was a big eye-opener, and has unsettled me on whether or not the career I'm pursuing (different from the above job I was seeking info on)is the direction I should be heading in.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.