The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Millionaire and Miserable

Worldisyours

Bronze Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
83%
Oct 20, 2013
Hello everyone,

Ive been a member here for a many years, I have had posts on the INSIDERS forum. I am writing this off the top of my head, so excuse any errors or off topic thoughts.

Its been an interesting road, and not one that I quite like. To make a long story short, regarding how I became successful, I started a business where I am originally from and it worked out through my persistence and many sacrifices. I consider myself fairly successful at 30, starting from very humble beginnings. I profit about 200k usd a year on a bad year, doesn't seem like much nowadays.

This is my hard-point, the work is extremely hard which I am managing, I do dislike the work, which I accept. My main issue, is I dislike the country my business is based. I am forcefully content with this fact, but the negatives far out weigh the positives. It just makes the challenge more interesting but I am always trying to get out, find somewhere new. I presume what I am trying to say is, it takes more than money to be happy.

In addition, through my business experience, Ive realized, the way the world works is counter productive on a whole. Most everything has become about profit and this hinders great ideas and technology, increases exploitation of natural resources with no regard for our mother planet, Earth. Its a blessing we are the most intelligent species in the solar system, a range of more than thousands of light years into space. Our approach as humans is quite primitive still, this includes our barter systems, governing, breeding, organization, use of natural and man-made resources. Sustainability and united technology is the future. I hope we move in a positive direction.

Continuing on...

Last year, I moved to a nearby city, Dubai, and worked extremely hard to start a new business and build a new life. I found it to be an interesting experience that I gained alot of value from. But the endevour did not satisfy my curiosity nor did the city hold the tools to build my innovative ideas. We can leave it at that regarding what I have to say about the place. It was a test year for me and when the year was up I had to make the decision to continue or return back home and focus on my business. It was taking quite a hit from my lack of dedication in large part due to my travel and efforts abroad. I could have made it work out in Dubai, but again, I was not in sync with the place. I packed up and left.

Looking back, I feel without a doubt, I made right decision in moving back home and kick starting my original business, rebounding and recovering from my losses.

Now as of today, I am in the same position I was about 1.5 years ago, looking for a new country where I am happier to live in, where I can offer great ideas and business, have a positive effect on people and society.

This time, I am working on opening an fully zero carbon island resort in an Island country. But I have an inclination that I will always come back and revert to my original business. To be clear I am having doubts. Alot of thoughts enter my mind such as "my time is valuable", "I worked hard for what I saved", "I need to make wiser more practical decisions".

So, shall I try again?

I am interested to see what comments and advice people have from all walks of life, it may manifest into an interesting and stimulating conversation.

Hope you enjoyed the read,
WIY

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

JokerCrazyBeatz

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
120%
Jun 1, 2016
Sounds like its time to sell your current business and start a new one

Vigilante

Legendary Contributor
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
596%
Oct 31, 2011
Gulf Coast
Hello everyone,

Ive been a member here for a many years, I have had posts on the INSIDERS forum. I am writing this off the top of my head, so excuse any errors or off topic thoughts.

Its been an interesting road, and not one that I quite like. To make a long story short, regarding how I became successful, I started a business where I am originally from and it worked out through my persistence and many sacrifices. I consider myself fairly successful at 30, starting from very humble beginnings. I profit about 200k usd a year on a bad year, doesn't seem like much nowadays.

This is my hard-point, the work is extremely hard which I am managing, I do dislike the work, which I accept. My main issue, is I dislike the country my business is based. I am forcefully content with this fact, but the negatives far out weigh the positives. It just makes the challenge more interesting but I am always trying to get out, find somewhere new. I presume what I am trying to say is, it takes more than money to be happy.

In addition, through my business experience, Ive realized, the way the world works is counter productive on a whole. Most everything has become about profit and this hinders great ideas and technology, increases exploitation of natural resources with no regard for our mother planet, Earth. Its a blessing we are the most intelligent species in the solar system, a range of more than thousands of light years into space. Our approach as humans is quite primitive still, this includes our barter systems, governing, breeding, organization, use of natural and man-made resources. Sustainability and united technology is the future. I hope we move in a positive direction.

Continuing on...

Last year, I moved to a nearby city, Dubai, and worked extremely hard to start a new business and build a new life. I found it to be an interesting experience that I gained alot of value from. But the endevour did not satisfy my curiosity nor did the city hold the tools to build my innovative ideas. We can leave it at that regarding what I have to say about the place. It was a test year for me and when the year was up I had to make the decision to continue or return back home and focus on my business. It was taking quite a hit from my lack of dedication in large part due to my travel and efforts abroad. I could have made it work out in Dubai, but again, I was not in sync with the place. I packed up and left.

Looking back, I feel without a doubt, I made right decision in moving back home and kick starting my original business, rebounding and recovering from my losses.

Now as of today, I am in the same position I was about 1.5 years ago, looking for a new country where I am happier to live in, where I can offer great ideas and business, have a positive effect on people and society.

This time, I am working on opening an fully zero carbon island resort in an Island country. But I have an inclination that I will always come back and revert to my original business. To be clear I am having doubts. Alot of thoughts enter my mind such as "my time is valuable", "I worked hard for what I saved", "I need to make wiser more practical decisions".

So, shall I try again?

I am interested to see what comments and advice people have from all walks of life, it may manifest into an interesting and stimulating conversation.

Hope you enjoyed the read,
WIY

One of my old mentors said that once someone gets how to make money, you can do it again and again and again. He literally would financially only bet on people that had done it before because their knowledge of how to win was replicateable.

Last edited:

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.