The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Great CRM and E-Mail Marketing Service to get started with?

Marketing, social media, advertising

LamboKing

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
123%
Jul 1, 2016
Houston
I'm looking for crm and email marketing service to get started with a business. Preferably something with a free plan up to 500-1000 subscribers, and I'm also looking for a easy to use crm.

I've done some research, and found hubspot has a ok crm, however nothing much with email marketing except a few free plans with up to 100 contacts/subscribers.

Thanks in advance!

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

amp0193

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
443%
May 27, 2013
United States
I'm looking for crm and email marketing service to get started with a business. Preferably something with a free plan up to 500-1000 subscribers, and I'm also looking for a easy to use crm.

I've done some research, and found hubspot has a ok crm, however nothing much with email marketing except a few free plans with up to 100 contacts/subscribers.

Thanks in advance!

I've been using Pipedrive for 3 months and love it. It's simple, straightforward, and keeps me on top of clients. Also inexpensive.

For email campaigns targeting cold leads, I've been liking quickmail.io. It's a bit pricey at $49/mo, however, so you need to have the lead volume to justify it.

LamboKing

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
123%
Jul 1, 2016
Houston
Hubspot CRM + Mad Mimi or MailCheat(Chimp) + Zapier to automate. $0.

MailCheat(Chimp) was great, but I believe they took their autoresponsder out of the free plan. Any other email service I could use?

G

GuestUser450

MailCheat(Chimp) was great, but I believe they took their autoresponsder out of the free plan. Any other email service I could use?

Yep, you're right. I'm not sure how to/if you can do a sequence, but you can setup Zapier to scan new subs from MailCheat(Chimp) and autorespond from your gmail.

No bells or whistles but still free to build the initial list.

G

GuestUser450

What about this service? https://www.mailerlite.com ? The autoresponder would be crucial following up with leads and through a funnel.

Worth a try I guess, but free and great deliverability don't always go together. If it's a need not a want, it's probably worth the $10-$15/month to go with a big co. that works.

LamboKing

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
123%
Jul 1, 2016
Houston
I'm thinking of going with getresponse, or a co. with around a 90day trial possibly. I found another company called: http://www.listwire.com

I like MailCheat(Chimp) the best though, but the lack of autoresponder is what makes it not suitable (they call it automation, but it doesnt come with the free plan).

Last edited:

DaRK9

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
213%
May 23, 2014
I've been using Pipedrive for 3 months and love it. It's simple, straightforward, and keeps me on top of clients. Also inexpensive.

For email campaigns targeting cold leads, I've been liking quickmail.io. It's a bit pricey at $49/mo, however, so you need to have the lead volume to justify it.
I can second Pipedrive. If you can't afford it, setup a similar solution in Trello. I would recommend trying Pipedrive. They have a 30 day trial.

I tried Hubspot, but it was too cluttered for me. Didn't need 95% of the tools and options on there.

Use MailCheat(Chimp), just add on automation for $10/mo. https://MailCheat(Chimp).com/pricing/entrepreneur/

Last edited:

LamboKing

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
123%
Jul 1, 2016
Houston
I'm really leaning towards aweber or active campaign for a paid option down the line, but just to get started, I'm try to go free, and see if the market is ideal for my solution. Are there any they let you try for around 60-90 days? That should be plenty of time to test out things. As for CRM I agree, I was thinking going self hosted, but for now, I just want to have the basic crm similar to the trello thread on here, but in a way where I can add leads, view other team members activity, etc.

amp0193

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
443%
May 27, 2013
United States
I can second Pipedrive. If you can't afford it, setup a similar solution in Trello. I would recommend trying Pipedrive. They have a 30 day trial.

A trello board could be set up to cover 50% of pipedrives functionality, in terms of organizing deals in the funnel.

However, one of the most powerful functions in Pipedrive to me is how it auto-prompts to schedule the next "action" on a client. It keeps every single lead having a next step, and no one falls behind. This feature was a game changer for me.

Jon L

Platinum Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
272%
Aug 22, 2015
Bellevue, WA

harryvent

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
19%
May 13, 2016
Check it out Apptivo. I think it fit your needs. Try to reach out them.

MrEGreg

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
200%
Aug 5, 2016

Thanks in advance!

Pipedrive is not an email marketing service. Mail Chimp is pretty good

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.