The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

How Today's Leaders Stay Ahead By Reading

Anything related to matters of the mind

superb

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
153%
Sep 8, 2013
If you think about it, if we find ourselves in different place from where we want to be, it must be because we haven't learned to be in a different place. May as well accelerate the process with reading/podcasts and taking the time to absorb what we are taking in. This is the beauty of our day and age, the access to information is easier than ever!

Thank you for sharing. This makes me feel better about some of the time I spent not taking action (but learning) as being part of the process - learning how best to take action in situations or opportunities I've never encountered.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

TonyStark

I'm not dead yet
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
191%
Jul 20, 2015
Austin, Texas
If you think about it, if we find ourselves in different place from where we want to be, it must be because we haven't learned to be in a different place. May as well accelerate the process with reading/podcasts and taking the time to absorb what we are taking in. This is the beauty of our day and age, the access to information is easier than ever!

Thank you for sharing. This makes me feel better about some of the time I spent not taking action (but learning) as being part of the process - learning how best to take action in situations or opportunities I've never encountered.
Same. Well put.

We need to hone our skills in new environments, to get what we want to get, and achieve what we want to achieve.

GMSI7D

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
Jan 27, 2016
Lyon, France
The problem with reading is that we become experts and nobody can understand us anymore.

Because we are light years ahead of regular people ,whose life is about watching TV, drinking beer and spending time doing useless things.

My relatives cannot understand my vision of life because they don't even know that life is about freedom.

They never learned such a thing at school ,where children are brainwashed to become slaves like their parents.

TonyStark

I'm not dead yet
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
191%
Jul 20, 2015
Austin, Texas
The problem with reading is that we become experts and nobody can understand us anymore.

Because we are light years ahead of regular people ,whose life is about watching TV, drinking beer and spending time doing useless things.

My relatives cannot understand my vision of life because they don't even know that life is about freedom.

They never learned such a thing at school ,where children are brainwashed to become slaves like their parents.
Everyone writes you off because you don't have credentials or a diploma. I understand.

GMSI7D

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
Jan 27, 2016
Lyon, France
Everyone writes you off because you don't have credentials or a diploma. I understand.

The point is that reading opens a new world of understanding and possibilities for you and people can't join you in this world because they don't have this knowledge.

That's why marketing expert Eben Pagan says that experts can't really sell anything to their customers because they know too much.

I mean , experts need a marketer to translate the value they sell to regular people.

You need value to be translated for your customers . You need to speak their language and connect things at their level of understanding, not yours.

Last edited:

superb

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
153%
Sep 8, 2013
Most of my reading is less about becoming an expert on a particular subject and more about expanding my imagination when it comes to what I could create, how I could live...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

JokerCrazyBeatz

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
120%
Jun 1, 2016
I think the biggest thing to takeaway from this , is you gotta find your balance between learning and taking action . I don't know the balance lol,

But I do know that the basics of business are all u need to actually see results

So anything you will learn after that will only make you better .

And another thing about that is you don't have to know exactly every single detail about a certain subject to make it work for u , that's what I had gotten caught up on for a while ,

ApparentHorizon

Platinum Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
301%
Apr 1, 2016
Greenville, SC

(adsbygoogle = window.adsbygoogle || []).push({});
The point is that reading opens a new world of understanding and possibilities for you and people can't join you in this world because they don't have this knowledge.

That's why marketing expert Eben Pagan says that experts can't really sell anything to their customers because they know too much.

I mean , experts need a marketer to translate the value they sell to regular people.

You need value translated for your customers . You need to speak their language and connect things at their level of understanding, not yours.

wat lol

Get Right

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
477%
Jul 16, 2013
Sunny Florida
If you think about it, if we find ourselves in different place from where we want to be, it must be because we haven't learned to be in a different place.
Love this.

ApparentHorizon

Platinum Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
301%
Apr 1, 2016
Greenville, SC
He has read too much, you just can't understand him anymore.

I couldn't find the original quote - but, "the true sign of an expert is that you can teach what you know to someone else." That means that you're able to explain your craft to another person using their language.

Books are excellent at this - although, the good in moderation rule, still applies.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.