The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Earning 10k+/month before 18

A detailed account of a Fastlane process...

Mr. L

Bronze Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
234%
Apr 7, 2015
I always wanted to make a progress thread but I ended up dropping the idea each time.

Although I'm not going to share all of the information to keep my privacy I will try to be as detailed as possible.

A little about me:
I'm 16 when writing this. My goal is to make a steady passive income before I turn 18. (10k / month at least) If I can achieve this then I will be able to fall back on it even if my main Fastlane Business will fail.
The past year I had numerous attempts of making money but I always failed because of procrastination and delusion. I believe that now my vision is a lot clearer and I'm ready to make it happen.

How are you planning to do it?
Because I have very little money on my bank account (100$-ish), I'm going to work as a Freelancer.
I would do copywriting as many of you would do, but I'm not native English and I don't like it as much as I like working in Photoshop as a Web/Mobile UX/UI Designer. I'm still learning it but I have enough knowledge now to do the job even for bigger companies.

After I earned enough money in the Freelancing Phase, I will either do eCommerce/Affiliate Marketing or something that can be done passively. I might even start a fastlane business, but it's too early to talk about it at that point. More about that in my future posts.

Where are you in the process while writing this?

Currently I'm setting up my portfolio website (will post pictures when it's ready) and building the content on it. I need reference so companies will hire me a LOT easier.

upwork.jpg
My current upwork earnings. (96.49 dollars in total)

What should we expect to see in this thread?
  • The process of me earning achieving my goals.
  • Detailed guides related to money making
  • Other cool stuff

Let's do this! :)

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.
Last edited:

Mr.B

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
207%
Nov 8, 2014
Australia

Formless

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
267%
Oct 27, 2013
I only came here to say 2 things.

1) Good luck on your journey.

2) Mr. L and Mr. B. :D

Mr. L

Bronze Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
234%
Apr 7, 2015
Today I received an email from upwork.

Hi Mr. L,

Out of the millions of freelancers on Upwork, we noticed you’re off to a great start. We think you are on your way to become a top freelancer and want to help you become an Upwork success.

We’ve awarded you with Rising Talent status to help you stand out and build your reputation and business quickly. Within 24 hours, you’ll have access to the following benefits:

• A Rising Talent badge on your profile to help you stand out to clients in the marketplace
  • Inclusion in a premium talent pool from which top clients source talent
  • A one-time bonus of 30 additional free Connects for you to submit more proposals to clients
  • Access to chat and ticket support from a specialized customer support team
  • Personalized profile help to effectively market your freelance services
We look forward to helping you grow your freelance business online.

Keep up the great work,
Dom Laguda
Freelancer Success Team

Here is the picture of it:

fastlane.jpg

To help other Fastlaner's who want to freelance achieve the same thing, here is what I did:
  • Do very easy jobs even for 1 dollar or free as long as you get a five star rating with a detailed positive feedback. But of course it's better to earn some money, it looks better on your profile.
  • PRO TIP (Thanks @SinisterLex): If you are doing a fixed price jobs for let's say $50. Do it as an hourly job and charge 1 hour. It looks better on your profile this way.
  • Always ask for feedback, but not in an aggressive way.
    For example:
    "I loved working with you, if you are satisfied with the results then please give me a nice feedback after closing the contract. I will do the same. :) I am looking forward to work with you in the future.
    Best regards,
    Mr. L"
  • Build mutual relationships. It's not a requirement to become a Rising Talent, but it will only do you good in the long run. You won't need to apply for jobs all the time, they will recommend you to their friends etc.
  • Complete your profile. It not only makes you look more profesisonal but that's the only way to achieve the Rising Talent or the Top Rated badges.
That's it for today. I will update this thread when I hit 500$ or have something important to say.

@Mr.B

Requirements to the Rising Talent Program:
https://support.upwork.com/entries/67983650

EDIT: I changed the title.

Last edited:

Will Hodge

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
224%
Jul 5, 2015
I can tell this is going to be a great thread, @Mr. L . Congratulations on Rising Talent status on Upwork! Keep up the good work.

Remember, keep your goals very clear and in sight. Write them down, post them on your wall, make them your phone background screen. Constantly remind yourself of what you're capable of and what you are aiming for, and you will get there faster than you could imagine.

Looking forward to seeing your growth & progress!

Mr. L

Bronze Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
234%
Apr 7, 2015
The problem with sitting on your butt all day at home.

Today I was working on my portfolio all day and I became depressed.

I had negative thoughts like "You are not good enough. You will never make it etc."

Then I went for a 4 km run after sitting on my butt for 10 hours.

Guess what happened?

After arriving home, my mind was clear and my brain was flooded with positive and motivational thoughts.

Crazy, isn't it?

Guys. It's not the first time that this happened to me and I'm not the only one who noticed this.

Include sports in your daily routine and walk 10-30 minutes every few hours. It will help you keep the blood flowing.

Sitting around all day at home (even if you are working) is not great for your mental health.

I hope this "find" will help some of you. haha​

TL;DR: I've found it very beneficial to do some light exercise every few hours. It helps me with focusing on my projects and it keeps me positive and motivated.

P.S: I decided not to post my portfolio on here because of privacy issues. I hope you guys will understand this.

Last edited:

Mr.B

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
207%
Nov 8, 2014
Australia
@Mr.B

Requirements to the Rising Talent Program:
https://support.upwork.com/entries/67983650

Thanks Mr. L - I haven't used Upwork at all yet and not sure if I will in the future.

When I first started freelancing, I used Elance, but got over it pretty quickly. I prefer to have a few high quality clients rather than always selling to new (and sometimes low value) ones that I pick up on job sites. It's a model that has worked brilliantly for me for the past few years.

I have a steady stream of (mostly) high quality projects coming from three clients, which means that I don't need to spend significant time on sales these days. Instead I focus on building trust within these organisations and find ways to offer them additional value above and beyond what they are expecting.

For example, I noticed that many of the other contractors that one company hired were producing lower quality work. So I offered to run a series of workshops where I upskilled these developers and provided them with a number of templates and other resources that they could use to reduce development time. This not only increased the quality of the work that is done across the board, but also reduced the time the projects spent in QA and overall had a very real impact on the project cost.

As you can imagine, this kind of thing goes down well :)

Would this approach work in your industry?

Sitting around all day at home (even if you are working) is not great for your mental health.

I know. That's why I got a standing desk (and a bike).

Last edited by a moderator:

Mr. L

Bronze Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
234%
Apr 7, 2015
TIME MANAGEMENT (FOR TEENS IN SCHOOL)

As autumn is approaching the first day of school is getting closer and closer.

Many would say that it means that you won't have time for business or find any other bullshit excuse related to it.

Instead of falling for this mindset trap, I made a strategy that I will use to work on my projects as much as I can while maintaining good grades.

The strategy is the following:
  1. Have a nice sleep schedule and get 8 hours of sleep every day. This way you will feel fresh during the whole day and will be able to pay attention to school and your projects too.

2. Have a 20 minute long nap after arriving home. Many studies have shown that having a nap can be beneficial for productivity if it's not overdone.

3. Only have fun on Sunday. On the rest of your days you will do 4-5 things: Sleep, Eat, (Lift), Learn, Execute (earn money). You have very limited time, you can't waste any of it on unproductive bullshit if you really want money that bad.

4. Pay attention to classes and take notes. Why waste time at home, learning when we can simply pay attention and learn as we take notes? Many studies have also shown that taking hand written notes help you memorize things. Take advantage of it. I do 80% of the learning process in school, beleive me, it's that easy if you focus on your classes.

5. Do your homework between classes, but not in the way you think. Many people do their homework in the last moment, but that's not what I mean. What I mean is that you should do the homework right after the teacher gives it to you! I have like 60 minutes of dead time because of breaks between classes. Don't let a whole hour to be lost.

6. If you follow the above rules then you will need to learn very little at home and will be ready to kick a$$!

I think that's it guys, it's really simple but I thought it would help some young folks like me.

The update about my monetary progress is coming soon in a few weeks. Stay tuned!

Last edited:

Nero55

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
33%
Apr 13, 2016
A really good alternative to Upwork is fiverr you could check it out!(im 16 years old too by the way)

JT388

Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
125%
Nov 30, 2015
I am someone who is turning 18 later this year, I make about 20K a month (be that AUD)

The only advice I can give you, is don't do what everyone else is doing. Come up with something new and unique or improved. - Although I've been called a troll for simply dropping that info about myself, ignore those who have called me a troll.

+ I will reveal that my success came from knowing something that was missing in a niche I've been interested in. - It's a digital service, so it runs as a passive income now. But you really got to think about what niche your interested in, find a hole, a flaw or something you know people will love. Test it, and if it works, then it could be your next thing.

I always wanted to make a progress thread but I ended up dropping the idea each time.

Although I'm not going to share all of the information to keep my privacy I will try to be as detailed as possible.

A little about me:
I'm 16 when writing this. My goal is to make a steady passive income before I turn 18. (10k / month at least) If I can achieve this then I will be able to fall back on it even if my main Fastlane Business will fail.
The past year I had numerous attempts of making money but I always failed because of procrastination and delusion. I believe that now my vision is a lot clearer and I'm ready to make it happen.

How are you planning to do it?
Because I have very little money on my bank account (100$-ish), I'm going to work as a Freelancer.
I would do copywriting as many of you would do, but I'm not native English and I don't like it as much as I like working in Photoshop as a Web/Mobile UX/UI Designer. I'm still learning it but I have enough knowledge now to do the job even for bigger companies.

After I earned enough money in the Freelancing Phase, I will either do eCommerce/Affiliate Marketing or something that can be done passively. I might even start a fastlane business, but it's too early to talk about it at that point. More about that in my future posts.

Where are you in the process while writing this?

Currently I'm setting up my portfolio website (will post pictures when it's ready) and building the content on it. I need reference so companies will hire me a LOT easier.

View attachment 10261
My current upwork earnings. (96.49 dollars in total)

What should we expect to see in this thread?
  • The process of me earning achieving my goals.
  • Detailed guides related to money making
  • Other cool stuff

Let's do this! :)

Last edited:

JT388

Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
125%
Nov 30, 2015
Gold post lulz

Quite hurtful to come back on here today and read these replies. I wasn't kidding with my figures, but this is the internet, and by no means can I prove to you via a forum, so I understand how easy it is to rub me off as some kid pretending to make a good figure.

But truly, 20K a month isn't much when you make it. I feel like I am competing against those making 5-10x more per month, I don't think there is a time when you stop and think 'F*ck I am making a lot of money"

Yeah my advise was brief and short lived, but it's how I failed and then found success, I tried recycling business models' that already exist (like reselling crap on eBay, reselling services, starting my own brand in a over crowded niche / market) I became successful only from coming up with a new idea in a niche I have been fond of for years (a niche that has been a personal hobby for many years for me).

Moving on, OP, listen to my advice, don't enter a extremely crowded market UNLESS you have the funding to do it, otherwise, develop a unique digital service, harness FB Ads. It's not as easy as it sounds, but I do wish you the best of luck.

Cheers All

Duane

Silver Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
286%
Jul 23, 2015
Lakeland FL
Quite hurtful to come back on here today and read these replies. I wasn't kidding with my figures, but this is the internet, and by no means can I prove to you via a forum, so I understand how easy it is to rub me off as some kid pretending to make a good figure.

If I made $20k/month I wouldn't give a F*ck what anybody said to me in person, let alone on a forum. Nor would I care to prove myself worthy, very value seeking for someone that is successful. I could careless if you see me as worthy or not.

It's actually quite the opposite, everyone that I met that makes great money do not boast it. They are very humble and they know their advice is worth its weight in gold, that's why you don't see Mj saying "I am around your age as well and I make double what you want to make" before he gives any advice.

Most people won't take your word until you get on this forum and provide some $20k/month value. Nobody will believe you if you have no credibility behind yourself. If I was making $20k/month I'd make a thread on how I came to find that success in hopes for people to be inspired to go out and find their own success.

You might just make $20k/month, but I'm just trying to give you a 3rd person view on why nobody is going to believe you. A lot of people come on here and try to pretend to be somebody they really aren't.

MasterOfMyFate

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
228%
Oct 30, 2014
I wasn't kidding with my figures, but this is the internet, and by no means can I prove to you via a forum, so I understand how easy it is to rub me off as some kid pretending to make a good figure.

3 months ago your parents were paying for your living expenses.

Now you are making $250,000 a year.

Would you like to share the story of your success?

Ubermensch

Platinum Contributor
Speedway Pass
Jul 7, 2008
Chicago
The apparent fake and phoniness in this thread fittingly reflects the dude behind the OP, a dude who had (at the very least) three accounts, a dude who loves pontificating... and doesn't make any money.

axiom

Silver Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
287%
Dec 6, 2014
WTF...

If this guy is lying...
How freaking insecure do you have to be to lie about how much money you make on an online forum?

If he's telling the truth...
How freaking insecure do you have to be to get emotionally hurt by people on an online forum?

mtn_baldy

The Charismatic
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
355%
Apr 20, 2015
Kalispell, Montana
There is literally no way to be sure, honestly who cares? We all have better shit to do than argue about whether some dude is trolling or not.

JT388

Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
125%
Nov 30, 2015
Absolutely, I think you guys didn't take into account that when you newly become successful, and your this age, - things can be a bit like "oh look at me" - so I guess I was seeking some validation.

Sorry everyone.

If I made $20k/month I wouldn't give a F*ck what anybody said to me in person, let alone on a forum. Nor would I care to prove myself worthy, very value seeking for someone that is successful. I could careless if you see me as worthy or not.

It's actually quite the opposite, everyone that I met that makes great money do not boast it. They are very humble and they know their advice is worth its weight in gold, that's why you don't see Mj saying "I am around your age as well and I make double what you want to make" before he gives any advice.

Most people won't take your word until you get on this forum and provide some $20k/month value. Nobody will believe you if you have no credibility behind yourself. If I was making $20k/month I'd make a thread on how I came to find that success in hopes for people to be inspired to go out and find their own success.

You might just make $20k/month, but I'm just trying to give you a 3rd person view on why nobody is going to believe you. A lot of people come on here and try to pretend to be somebody they really aren't.

JT388

Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
125%
Nov 30, 2015
3 months ago your parents were paying for your living expenses.

Now you are making $250,000 a year.

Would you like to share the story of your success?

My parents own plenty of assets that get used within the family (cars, houses, land) until we are independent financially, so I live off their assets, I do however pay for my own food and typical bills (phone, internet etc). - Because I am not even legally able to sign my business up as a company yet, I am not venturing off as an independent person yet, anyway, this is non of your business I suppose.

Stop smelling a rat here, because I am not a rat.

This isn't a lie, I am not benefitting anything here dropping the line of my achievement, I actually intended to inspire and hint at the OP. Not get a bunch of people calling "fake fake fake".

JT388

Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
125%
Nov 30, 2015
The apparent fake and phoniness in this thread fittingly reflects the dude behind the OP, a dude who had (at the very least) three accounts, a dude who loves pontificating... and doesn't make any money.

3 Accounts? Huh? What are you talking about.

JT388

Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
125%
Nov 30, 2015
I am going to drop my last line here.

Want to know why I haven't written a success post yet?

Why would I ? Why do I want people copying my success? When you reach it, you hold onto it tight and protect it, I guess that's what I've done.

JT388

Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
125%
Nov 30, 2015
There is literally no way to be sure, honestly who cares? We all have better shit to do than argue about whether some dude is trolling or not.

You guys do have better shit to be doing, stop putting me in the troll shadows. - It's the first time I mentioned my success on here and I get 'troll shadowed' so why wouldn't I hit back? Isn't this forum suppose to be congratulating and welcoming of newcomers (newcomers to the financial freedom world).

Mr. L

Bronze Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
234%
Apr 7, 2015
I haven't been active on the forum for over a year now.

Here is an update from me.

The ones who followed this thread probably have some questions:

Is he 18 now? If he is, has he made it? Where is he? Is he really just a phony?

When I made this thread I was a bit delusional to be honest. I was a sixteen years old little kid who believed in a lot of things he shouldn't have. More about that around the Ubermensch part...

I haven't made much money with designing because I haven't had the required skills and it just wasn't for me overall. It felt like a dread after a while.

So what did you do after that? Did you just give up on your dreams? What do you do now?

Now I'm a 17 years old kid who learned a lot of lessons in the past year.

Right now I'm preparing for university because I'm possibly going to attend it and I also started learning programming because it's something that I truly enjoy and I believe it's a great investment to make.

I realized that I have more time than I thought, I wanted to get there too fast. That's why I wanted to design instead of program. I should have picked up programming straight away instead of wasting my time with designing but I learned a few things while working and about life and myself in general.

Are you going to post about your programming journey?

Probably not, I had smaller jobs when I stopped posting so don't think that I stopped because I became lazy. I just didn't feel like updating and I was a bit concerned about my privacy. (Sharing too much information online about your monetary successes can backfire. Yeah, I'm just paranoid like that.)

So what's next?

I'm still going to fight for my dreams but I won't share too much information on the forum about it. I'm planning on joining the INSIDERS in a few months or maybe next year. If I have successes then I might post them there.

Last edited:

Mr. L

Bronze Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
234%
Apr 7, 2015
My relationship with "Ubermensch"

I sometimes react this way when Eminem, or one of my favorite rappers releases a song. I feel this deep connection to it, like the contents of my heart beat in unison with the beat. @Mr. L, a young Millennial, derives a great deal of inspiration from Meek Mill's rhymes, and I happen to know that TMF changed his life forever. When he got here, he was lost and stupid. So much has changed in such a short amount of time. This shouldn't come as a shock to anyone on this site. Everyone here is aware of the life changing, paradigm shifting power Your country of origin makes a huge impact on your world view and the way you look at the world. Had it not been for this site, he might have never been inspired (by either you or Meek Mill).

Ubermensch used to be nice to me but after a while I figured out that he is an egoistic, psychopathic narcissist who isn't going to make billions and most certainly isn't going to revolutionize the LED industry.

I was a 15 years old kid when I met him on the forum and I almost wish I shouldn't have but because of him I met @ChasingPaper who is one of my best friends to this day.

Back to Ubermensch...

He used to tell me that he would give me work... That we would do business together... That he would close that ONE deal... he has been telling me these for a year... but nothing happened, I was just wasting my time with him.

When I found out that he wasn't who he was showing himself to be so I stopped talking to him completely.

His reactions to that weren't too kind.

@GIlman At least I deliver, bro.

Well, you are right, you deliver. I have to give you that. I especially enjoyed the pictures of your Bugatti.

@Vigilante: did you ever figure out that @FastlaneTiger @strong @Mr. L are all the same user?

LMFAO.

These young millennials crack me up.

Got no balls.

Got no aggression.

They haven't had to fight, fight, FIGHT for anything.

They've never had to put it all o nthe line.

They've never had to believe in nothing but their ability to close deals, no matter what.

They don't know the pain of brokeness.

The pain of living in a humble dwelling for years, until you finally get paid those big paydays.

They don't know what it feels like to sacrifice to that degree.

They don't know what it feels like to see that type of sacrifice finally pay off, time after time after time.
(adsbygoogle = window.adsbygoogle || []).push({});
They don't respect MA$TER$.

I respected my mentors.

And I didn't make it weird.

I approached them, tried to work a deal immediately.

Learned a lot.

I'm winning today because of it.

Phony. Fake. Renegade. Traitor. Betrayer.

That's what you are. Not a MA$TER.

It's such an childish thing to give me up like that just because I stopped talking to you... And you call me a b*tch in PMs... laughable.

*Shaking my head*

To be honest he might be making money, I don't know, and to be honest I don't care anymore either.

BUT! One thing is sure, he isn't the badass who he is showing himself to be. He has a lot of problems that mostly stem from high level insecurity and god complex.

@MJ DeMarco

Yes, Ubermensch is right about the name part though. I made the account "strong" because I wanted to start with a blank page but it got deleted later.

Then why did I make Mr. L?

Well... at the time I wasn't active on my FastlaneTiger account either so when I wanted to rejoin the forum I thought to myself... Why not start a new account?

So I did. And here I am.

Please don't delete me for that... I'm not trying to play anyone and am only using this account. I'm not trying to scam people or anything. I'm just a 17 years old kid who is trying to make make his dreams come true.

@axiom
@Ubermensch
@ChasingPaper
@The-J

So that's all that I had to say.
Peace

Mr.Chaos

Wolves love Ice Cream.
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
296%
Mar 16, 2016
Atlanta
I haven't been active on the forum for over a year now.

Here is an update from me.

The ones who followed this thread probably have some questions:

Is he 18 now? If he is, has he made it? Where is he? Is he really just a phony?

When I made this thread I was a bit delusional to be honest. I was a sixteen years old little kid who believed in a lot of things he shouldn't have. More about that around the Ubermensch part...

I haven't made much money with designing because I haven't had the required skills and it just wasn't for me overall. It felt like a dread after a while.

So what did you do after that? Did you just give up on your dreams? What do you do now?

Now I'm a 17 years old kid who learned a lot of lessons in the past year.

Right now I'm preparing for university because I'm possibly going to attend it and I also started learning programming because it's something that I truly enjoy and I believe it's a great investment to make.

I realized that I have more time than I thought, I wanted to get there too fast. That's why I wanted to design instead of program. I should have picked up programming straight away instead of wasting my time with designing but I learned a few things while working and about life and myself in general.

Are you going to post about your programming journey?

Probably not, I had smaller jobs when I stopped posting so don't think that I stopped because I became lazy. I just didn't feel like updating and I was a bit concerned about my privacy. (Sharing too much information online about your monetary successes can backfire. Yeah, I'm just paranoid like that.)

So what's next?

I'm still going to fight for my dreams but I won't share too much information on the forum about it. I'm planning on joining the INSIDERS in a few months or maybe next year. If I have successes then I might post them there.

Keep grinding bro! Everything even your so called "mentor" is a learning experience!!

Saloo!!

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.