The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

The world has become a dangerous place

G

GuestUser8117

I apologize if this is against the forum rules (Don't know if it is, feel free to delete it if you wish). But as you may be aware of, the last attacks that took place in USA, France, Belgium and Munich(today) leave us whitout words, afraid and shocked.

I feel sorry for all the victims and the people that lives in vulnerable places.

But...Maybe some kind of mobile app could be build to prevent terrorist attacks. Something that can spot potential dangers and help detect something that is wrong. I know there are some brillant minds here. We need to leave our children in a better world. We can't even go to the mail center whitout being afraid to get shot by some crazy people. I think it is selfish to have kids knowing that this world is not safe anymore.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.
Last edited by a moderator:
G

Guest34764

An attack in Munich today?Didn't even hear about it until this thread.It's becoming so normal to hear about shootings and mass murder.

I do think that this thread will probably end up as political and religious (as that is what these attacks are and to say otherwise is just silly).

But anyways, how would a mobile app help in preventing Terrorism?

ApparentHorizon

Platinum Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
301%
Apr 1, 2016
Greenville, SC
these attacks do suck. How would an app prevent terrorist attacks in your opinion?

Anonymous public reporting based on area code/location. Every time a post is made in your area you get an alert on your phone. Similar to flash flooding/amber alert reports that you automatically receive from your provider.

1. Launch free app
2. Lobby gov't for local trial runs, and grants.
3. Implement verification from authorities
4. Send out authorized alerts once verified

Require "personal verification" account by charging $99/yr to receive all alerts from all sources. Alerts from authorities are free.

"It's like antivirus for the real world." - bystandard

Empires

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
265%
Jan 12, 2016
Planet Earth
We are surrounded by negativity in the world nowadays between the news and social media. People are effected by their environment and it sparks hate in people. Hate only cause more hate.

What if we had a news channel that only spoke of the good events that go on in today's world, which there is so much more of than bad events but we often don't hear about them. Love also sparks love. Maybe people would join those movements instead. Just some of my thoughts.

G

GuestUser8117

We are surrounded by negativity in the world nowadays between the news and social media. People are effected by their environment and it sparks hate in people. Hate only cause more hate.

What if we had a news channel that only spoke of the good events that go on in today's world, which there is so much more of than bad events but we often don't hear about them. Love also sparks love. Maybe people would join those movements instead. Just some of my thoughts.

Exactly what I thought. The news don't help. It seems that the news want to terrorize people so it creates a "snowball effect". Perhaps the bad news need to stop.

Empires

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
265%
Jan 12, 2016
Planet Earth
Exactly what I thought. The news don't help. It seems that the news want to terrorize people so it creates a "snowball effect". Perhaps the bad news need to stop.
People should know about the bad things in the world, but there needs to be Ying and Yang. When all people see is hate there is no balance and it can sway people the wrong direction.

DrkSide

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
219%
Mar 26, 2013
I just wish I could get a unbiased news source that I could check once a day or so. I stopped watching the news a couple of years ago since it was just bad stuff and being used to push agendas on the people viewing.

Turn off your TV, Log off Facebook, and walk outside. The real world is much safer than it is portrayed in the media.

Constant media attention and the human brains tendency to jump to the worst conclusions makes most people believe that the world is much more dangerous than it actually is.

Longinus

Platinum Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
441%
Aug 28, 2014
Poland / Belgium
Perhaps the bad news need to stop.

People want to hear the bad news. Just have a random conversation, most people actually brag about how big their problems are and are full self pity. Bad news is the bomb for 80% of the population. Because they want to victimize their selves.

Read The Rational Optimist.

Jake

Platinum Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
148%
May 15, 2011
Bangkok
Something that can spot potential dangers and help detect something that is wrong
These sort of things tend to go to people's heads and they look at anything like it's a threat.

People in Kuwait used to call EOD (Explosive Ordnance Disposal) for silly things like soda cans and tool boxes.

OMG it's a threat! I hope I don't have to live in a world again where every single object outside is a threat and called in.

"if you see something. say something" if there's a toolbox outside go and take a look. Odds are there is tools inside and not an IED.

/rant

as I said before Twitter is similar to a real time global broadcasting system. If someone launches a twitter-esque app as a local / global alert system it could work

theag

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
297%
Jan 19, 2012
as I said before Twitter is similar to a real time global broadcasting system
I dont use twitter but just checked out some posts with the munich/münchen hashtags out of interest. Judging from those, twitter is almost exclusively used by F*cking retards. Just misinformation and pissing matches between the extremist political spectrums. Useless. No wonder twitter is going under.

There is a mobile app for the German market where officials can broadcast warnings. It was mentioned in a lot of the news articles of last night so I wanted to check it out. Googled it and the website was down. So they cant even handle a traffic spike with a mostly static website in case something happens. F*cking retards. F*cking retards everywhere.

juan917

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
181%
Jul 27, 2015
I dont use twitter but just checked out some posts with the munich/münchen hashtags out of interest. Judging from those, twitter is almost exclusively used by F*cking retards. Just misinformation and pissing matches between the extremist political spectrums. Useless. No wonder twitter is going under.

There is a mobile app for the German market where officials can broadcast warnings. It was mentioned in a lot of the news articles of last night so I wanted to check it out. Googled it and the website was down. So they cant even handle a traffic spike with a mostly static website in case something happens. F*cking retards. F*cking retards everywhere.

I find this hilarious because I feel the SAME exact way. A funded company B2B I worked for used Twitter as the main platform to reach out to others (lol wut, no serious business decision maker is going to be on twitter, its literally a platform for people who like to be loud)

JokerCrazyBeatz

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
120%
Jun 1, 2016
When has the world not been dangerous ? The world dosent get more dangerous , it's always the same amount of danger , in different forms . Since the beginning of time the world has been dangerous

Jake

Platinum Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
148%
May 15, 2011
Bangkok

The only time I've really used twitter is when I hear an explosion in Kabul or Jalalabad and wanted to know approximately how far away it was from me..or an earth quake. I used it for earth quake data as well

Harti

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
256%
Jun 28, 2014
Here's something you've probably not thought of because it's not the first thing that comes to mind:

Every time someone triggers us emotionally (evokes fear, anger, or grief in us) and we react to it (= we lash out to the person / judge him / feel as the victor/victim), we add fuel to the fire that breeds this kind of suffering.

It is the responsibility of everyone of us to transform negativity into love by consciously responding to those who we perceive as hurtful. A conscious response is feeling EVERYTHING that comes to the surface unconditionally, without acting in the outside world.

Developing tools that help us preventing / minimizing these cases is only treating the symptoms instead of going to the root of the problem.

theag

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
297%
Jan 19, 2012
It is the responsibility of everyone of us to transform negativity into love by consciously responding to those who we perceive as hurtful.
What the F*ck? Thats your response to acts of terrorism and rampages? Who shat in your head? "Gutmenschen" like you are the reason why Germany is going down the drain.

RussRussman18

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
120%
Jul 8, 2016
Louisiana
The world has always been a dangerous place and will continue to be until after Armageddon

Also, there are many other (some would argue more threatening) dangers. Sex trafficking, for example. Still an enormous problem (yes in western society), but virtually ignored by media

Ninjakid

Platinum Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
217%
Jun 23, 2014
Buddy Guy Eh
Perhaps an app can be created which gives people updates of news in the area based on certain keywords, and notifies the user.
I don't think an app can legit stop a terrorist attack in it's tracks, but if people are aware, less people need to get hurt.
We are actually living in the best time for people to be informed, because you can literally do a google search and finds tweets about a disaster in a few seconds.

Here's something you've probably not thought of because it's not the first thing that comes to mind:

Every time someone triggers us emotionally (evokes fear, anger, or grief in us) and we react to it (= we lash out to the person / judge him / feel as the victor/victim), we add fuel to the fire that breeds this kind of suffering.

It is the responsibility of everyone of us to transform negativity into love by consciously responding to those who we perceive as hurtful. A conscious response is feeling EVERYTHING that comes to the surface unconditionally, without acting in the outside world.

Developing tools that help us preventing / minimizing these cases is only treating the symptoms instead of going to the root of the problem.

I actually 100% agree that we can create a world with less suffering by radiating love and compassion, but until everyone on this Earth becomes enlightened and they stop committing atrocities against each other, people need to know how to defend themselves from those who have made it their life's mission to cause chaos and destruction.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.