The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Lead Generation Online: How do I get paid?

AaronDubya

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
22%
Jan 9, 2012
western Kentucky
I have a business model I'm actively pursuing right now, it's basically lead generation for internet marketers. What I plan on doing is finding clients, mainly online startup, and playing "matchmaker" for them and internet marketing firm. If a deal is struck and the 2 businesses I paired up go into business I get paid a small percentage of each sale as a finder's fee.

I believe it's a very solid business model, but I have one major kink in this idea- I can easily get cut out of the deal, how would I get paid?

Should I get a lawyer to draft a contract and have my clients sign, stay in touch with both parties and send a bill if everything goes through? Or should I do something else to get paid for my part in the deal?

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Joey El

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
123%
Mar 16, 2016
Down Under
I have a business model I'm actively pursuing right now, it's basically lead generation for internet marketers. What I plan on doing is finding clients, mainly online startup, and playing "matchmaker" for them and internet marketing firm. If a deal is struck and the 2 businesses I paired up go into business I get paid a small percentage of each sale as a finder's fee.

I believe it's a very solid business model, but I have one major kink in this idea- I can easily get cut out of the deal, how would I get paid?

Should I get a lawyer to draft a contract and have my clients sign, stay in touch with both parties and send a bill if everything goes through? Or should I do something else to get paid for my part in the deal?
Hey welcome.

You'll find lots of good advice on here if what you're doing is basically sales.

Why are you actively pursuing this? I already run this model while building my Fastlane...how will you make this meet CENTS?

Cheers

Last edited by a moderator:

theag

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
297%
Jan 19, 2012
Thats not lead gen, its commission sales.

Lead gen they pay you when they get the contact info, regardless of outcome.

I dont think its a viable business model, especially with startups, because they usually dont have money to pay a marketing agency. And if they do have money because they have investors, they dont need you to play matchmaker, because their investors have all the contacts they need for free.

eekern

BOBA
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
220%
Jul 21, 2015
Norway
Market agencies gives you crappy commission after my experience. No one would agree to pay you every time, usually just a percentage of the first payment

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.