The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

In a Dilemma....

A detailed account of a Fastlane process...

Dreamer99

PARKED
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
0% - New User
Jun 26, 2010
Most people Ive seen have a problem with not wanting to share their idea, even if they were not going to share it in the first place.
My problem is I cant even think of an idea to start with! I dont want to just think of just anything, without their being a need or justification for it but I just dont know where to look, or what to do to spark any ideas. Any1 else have this problem?

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Runum

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
101%
Aug 8, 2007
DFW, Texas
Most people Ive seen have a problem with not wanting to share their idea, even if they were not going to share it in the first place.
My problem is I cant even think of an idea to start with! I dont want to just think of just anything, without their being a need or justification for it but I just dont know where to look, or what to do to spark any ideas. Any1 else have this problem?

Everyone I know has this problem to one degree or another. We all do different things to spur creativity and ideas. I have gone to shopping malls or entertainment venues and watched people. Watch their interactions. Watch out for complaints, those are opportunities. Go to any public place and listen and observe. Read a book in an area that you don't know about and may not care for. It may cause you to think differently. Take a night class, join a book club. I joined toastmasters just to hear other people speak and get ideas. If you are stuck you have to do something different to shake things up.

Good luck.

JEdwards

Legendary Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
418%
Jan 16, 2011
Texas
I look for niche's

Look for systems and products that are out of place. look for things businesses (not consumers) buy and need 2-3 of a month.

For example Just reaching, do not try this. go to a small auto repair shop, look at the little car battery display they have in the shop with all the size batteries and think. Could I find and sell them batteries for better or cheaper? They have to have them, they may only sell 3-4 a month but they have to have them to sell them? why do they buy from whoever they buy from now? Is there service great? when was the last time a salesman came out to visit? Could you buy batteries wholesale and supply these to these small little independent repair shops.. if you can, there are 190,000 little auto repair shops across the U.S. Car lots need them to and there are 190,000 of those..

Go to a dentist office, think about humm, what do they fill the teeth with? who do they buy it from? Can you beat them on price or service. Who makes the dentures? Can you get the dentist to refer to you instead of someone else? Or someone you represent?

I have a friend that works at Sysco the restaurant food wholesaler, and we were talking about seafood, and she named 10 seafood restaurants that buy there fish and lobsters, etc from one guy who brings it up from the coast.. He makes a fortune.. Cause he thought, I wonder where they buy there seafood from.

Niche.. That is what I look for..

Dreamer99

PARKED
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
0% - New User
Jun 26, 2010
Thank for the reply's, I need to learn and open my mind to more niche ideas like you said, their are millions of them around me I just didn't notice them. I will now try and spot these niche markets out, thank you guys!

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.