The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success
  • SPONSORED: GiganticWebsites.com: We Build Sites with THOUSANDS of Unique and Genuinely Useful Articles

30% to 50% Fastlane-exclusive discounts on WordPress-powered websites with everything included: WordPress setup, design, keyword research, article creation and article publishing. Click HERE to claim.

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

jassep

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
11%
Feb 19, 2011
Perth, Western Australia
Awesome book! Best business book I've read in years. In fact, I'd put your book in the tiny handful of books that I would easily reread once a year, if not more often. Key distinctions for me:

* Trading 5 for 2
* CENTS formula for evaluating opportunities
* Developing the mindset to ignore "normal" people and how they want to hold you back
* Money seedlings, again as a template for evaluating opportunities.

I'm recommending to anyone (who will listen to me) to read this book.

Thanks for the struggle to write it!

Jason

--------------------------------------

Here's the Amazon review I just posted (won't show there until they've passed it):

5.0 out of 5 stars

Provides a wonderful framework for decision making
February 20, 2011 By J.P.S. (Perth, Western Australia)

I loved this book. It is dripping in authenticity and real-world experience.

Frankly, I didn't hold out high expectations. I had never heard of the author and his book was just another on a large pile of books I had determined to read over the Australian summer. But from the first, authentic page I was hooked.

MJ DeMarco not only has created a book that motivates like nothing else I have read, he also provides the most important thing: a true framework for evaluating business decisions.

This is the magic ingredient missing from almost every other "business" book I have ever read. And it is the most vital.

Absent years of practical experience in business, knowing where to start is always the trickiest thing. But more than that, knowing how to make the best decision in any circumstance is something that everybody thinks they are better at than they really are. Most people do not have effective and rigourous decision making abilities. This was brought home to me reading this book, on a very personal level. So many of the money-losing decisions I'd made in the past could have been avoided had I this book and it's formulas and criteria to run my thoughts through.

It's safe to say that had I absorbed this book 10 years ago, I would be at least $100k-$200k richer today, if only for the fact that I would have kept my money, because I wouldn't have made so many stupid decisions. (20/20 hindsight is a wonderful thing!)

But, in my defense, I really thought I was making good decisions at the time. Doing my "due diligence", etc. But the "CENTS" formula described in the book would have stopped me making most of those mistakes. Had I known about it.

What is CENTS? You'll have to buy and read the book to find out!

And please do take the time to read it if you are entrepreneurial - even (and especially) if you "already know it all".

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.
Last edited by a moderator:

Korbian

PARKED
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
0% - New User
Jan 17, 2011
Southern California
Finishing the book this weekend, great read lots of things to think about for the future. The last 4 chapters really had me thinking a lot and contain a massive amount of value. Thanks MJ the book is awesome a real kick in the pants.

aBeats

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
37%
Feb 9, 2011
I read the Book! ;) It was great, I'm a fan, and added tons more MPH to my vehicle on the fastlane ;)

MJ DeMarco

I followed the science; all I found was money.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
446%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah
Bought the book on 6th Feb (and it was promptly delivered in less than an hour), and whilst I'm a slow reader when it comes to online books I have now finally finished reading it. Loved it, was a great read.

The no-nonsense style is exactly right IMO. There's so much crap out there (be it guru-led, the negative media, victim mentalities, oversized Government's causing people to develop the belief that they are owed a great life even if they're lazy as heck, etc etc) that this book was a breath of fresh air.

Gracious!

I just wish you gave a little more details on what you did to build your limos website to be so successful.. any tips would be great!

Everything that was relevant to that growth I put in the book ... everything else is irrelevant. Do you really want to know how I managed my Google account? Or how Goto was bought by Overture and how OVerture was bought by Yahoo? What worked 2 years ago, has changed now.

Do jobs in academia/research count as the "slow lane" too?

Push it through the Fastlane prism and find out. Do such jobs have explicit access to scale and intrinsic value explosion?

Provides a wonderful framework for decision making
February 20, 2011 By J.P.S. (Perth, Western Australia)

I loved this book. It is dripping in authenticity and real-world experience.

Frankly, I didn't hold out high expectations. I had never heard of the author and his book was just another on a large pile of books I had determined to read over the Australian summer. But from the first, authentic page I was hooked.

MJ DeMarco not only has created a book that motivates like nothing else I have read, he also provides the most important thing: a true framework for evaluating business decisions.

This is the magic ingredient missing from almost every other "business" book I have ever read. And it is the most vital.

Absent years of practical experience in business, knowing where to start is always the trickiest thing. But more than that, knowing how to make the best decision in any circumstance is something that everybody thinks they are better at than they really are. Most people do not have effective and rigourous decision making abilities. This was brought home to me reading this book, on a very personal level. So many of the money-losing decisions I'd made in the past could have been avoided had I this book and it's formulas and criteria to run my thoughts through.

It's safe to say that had I absorbed this book 10 years ago, I would be at least $100k-$200k richer today, if only for the fact that I would have kept my money, because I wouldn't have made so many stupid decisions. (20/20 hindsight is a wonderful thing!)

But, in my defense, I really thought I was making good decisions at the time. Doing my "due diligence", etc. But the "CENTS" formula described in the book would have stopped me making most of those mistakes. Had I known about it.

What is CENTS? You'll have to buy and read the book to find out!

And please do take the time to read it if you are entrepreneurial - even (and especially) if you "already know it all".

THANK YOU FOR TAKING TIME TO WRITE A REVIEW!!!!

All icons added!

Last edited:

djs13

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
13%
Oct 3, 2007
NY
I just finished the book today. I read "Rich Dad, Poor Dad" when I was 14 and it was a game changer. Since then I've read 50-70 business books, but the Fastlane to Millions brought me back to the first time I read RDPD. But the Fastlane was more literal in terms of actual business advice whereas most business books are theory and fluff. This is going to be the last business book I read before I launch a business venture because it's given me the kick in the a$$ I've needed.

FLucero

PARKED
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
0% - New User
Feb 22, 2011
Long Beach, California, United States
I just finished reading the book and I am INSPIRED. Definitely the reality check I needed. The book was very straightforward and I really appreciated the casual coffee shop conversation approach as well. I'm a firm believer in the Fastlane and I'm excited to make a difference. Thanks, MJ!

MJ DeMarco

Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
446%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah
I just finished the book today. I read "Rich Dad, Poor Dad" when I was 14 and it was a game changer. Since then I've read 50-70 business books, but the Fastlane to Millions brought me back to the first time I read RDPD. But the Fastlane was more literal in terms of actual business advice whereas most business books are theory and fluff. This is going to be the last business book I read before I launch a business venture because it's given me the kick in the a$$ I've needed.

I just finished reading the book and I am INSPIRED. Definitely the reality check I needed. The book was very straightforward and I really appreciated the casual coffee shop conversation approach as well. I'm a firm believer in the Fastlane and I'm excited to make a difference. Thanks, MJ!

Thanks guys! Icons added!

A

Anon3587x

I need my icon!

I've been pushing your book to people I know.

If I knew I was going to die, and I could only give 2 books to my kids.

One would be
"Think and Grow Rich"
The other would be
"The Millionaire Fastlane "

entrepreneurjay

PARKED
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
0% - New User
Feb 26, 2011
Chicago
I absolutely loved the book I gave a review of it earlier on here also. A great read, very entertaining, and educational. Thanks M.J. great value for the money I just hope people actually listen and act on what you teach. If you want to retire old, decrepid, and in a wheelchair. Keep doing what you are doing don't read or listen to your advice. If you want to retire Rich, have a new mindset, and enjoy life, pick up this book people it really is that good.

I am working on my fastlane every chance I get with my blog. Think Rich to be Rich passive income is king in this new World. Kick your boss to the curb, and be your own boss. Enough said read the book people it is a no-brainer!

PARKED
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
0% - New User
Feb 26, 2011
This is my first post and I just wanted to say hello, as well as note that I've read MJ's book and feel very grateful that I found it. It came at a very good time in my life, while I'm struggling with the circumstance that I find myself in over the past two years.

Of the many books that I've read recently, both technical and of the self improvement type, I can honestly say that Millionaire Fastlane has made the greatest impression. Having been on the Sidewalk, and in the Slowlane most of my life, I find myself not being able to accept it any longer. Over a year ago I started taking steps to own my own life and future, and while I've had some failures already, I'm ready to stand up again. The timing of finding MJ's words is perfect.

I probably won't be one of the most active members of the forum, as I'm going to be busy, but I'll pop my head in now and then. Thanks.

CosMoen

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
19%
Feb 19, 2011
I've read the book. This is the first time I've read a truthful get rich book

Boo Blizzi

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
188%
Mar 3, 2009
A few weeks ago I posted in a thread about building 100 websites with the intentions of monetizing through adsense...in my few years experience as an Internet Marketer...this has proven to be a viable strategy to make a "decent" income...In that thread I noticed that MJ was a detractor of this method and personally I thought he was off his rocker...because "who wouldn't want to make 60-150k/yr with a bunch of websites?"...to get a glimpse into his mind and way of thinking...I decided to purchase the book and discern from it whatever I could...i am glad to say that i am much more clearer on the "millionaire fastlane mindset" and unlike most other business/motivational books that enthusiastically spew vague concepts...this book comes complete with formulas u can apply that will guide u to the slow lane off-ramp and on to the fastlane highway...i have since begun revising my current and future projects to position them for scale and/or magnitude...if the project doesn't meet these initial criteria then they get scrapped...thanx MJ for all of your research, introspection, honesty and generosity!

Rem

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
81%
Sep 14, 2009
Maine
Google decides to ban you from the program because they are irritated or disagree with the content on one of the sites you display ads on. Bam, your business is gone in a blink of an eye. Controlling all aspects of your business is part of the fastlane mentality.

Boo Blizzi

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
188%
Mar 3, 2009
Google decides to ban you from the program because they are irritated or disagree with the content on one of the sites you display ads on. Bam, your business is gone in a blink of an eye. Controlling all aspects of your business is part of the fastlane mentality.

exactly...although i will not be giving up my adsense sites cuz its money on autopilot...lol

sdcindy

PARKED
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
0% - New User
Feb 27, 2011
Yes, I read the book

Great book. Finished it in one day. Can't wait to get started and learn from these forums.

Cindy

shwnalan

PARKED
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
0% - New User
Apr 13, 2009
Read the book, and it was such an eye-opener! I'm grateful to MJ for sharing the knowledge! A+ read man

ChrisRempel

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
276%
Mar 1, 2011
Victoria BC
Awesome book so far - about halfway through currently.

Been reading it on my iPhone, so my reading has been sporadic (whilst waiting in the car for my wife while she tries on 18 pairs of shoes, waiting for an oil change, waiting at restaurants, sitting on the porcelain throne, etc.)

I like MJ's direct style and colorful language.

MJ, your story is a bit like mine. Except I'm still in the "pre-exit" stage.

-Chris

PS And I'm more of a Porsche guy. Lambo's are shinier, I know. But I sorta like hiding in plain sight. Have a heavily modded 996TT and a 968 CS for daily driving.

Vagabond 007

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
159%
Mar 1, 2011
Philly Suburbs
Read the book as soon as I got it.

Left a testimonial on Amazon...which you ended up using in one of your emails.

MJ DeMarco

Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
446%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah
This is my first post and I just wanted to say hello

Hello 702!

Of the many books that I've read recently, both technical and of the self improvement type, I can honestly say that Millionaire Fastlane has made the greatest impression

Gracious!

This is the first time I've read a truthful get rich book

Thank you -- I wrote it with a "I need to get this off my chest" perspective.

Thanx MJ for all of your research, introspection, honesty and generosity!

Finished it in one day. Can't wait to get started and learn from these forums.

Read the book, and it was such an eye-opener! I'm grateful to MJ for sharing the knowledge! A+ read man

Read the book, and It was awsome

Thank you all!

MJ, your story is a bit like mine. Except I'm still in the "pre-exit" stage.

Congrats! I read your profile ... 40K customers are your boss! Sounds like you have a great story unfolding.

Left a testimonial on Amazon...which you ended up using in one of your emails.

Thank you for taking time to write a review ... if I mentioned it in one of my emails, you must have said something really awesome!!! I really do appreciate that as it makes my job a whole lot easier.

Icons added!

Jill

Silver Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
76%
Jan 26, 2008
Frisco, TX (Dallas)
I'll finish my 2nd read tonight. As I mentioned earlier, I was delightfully surprised. I knew it would be good. But I really devoured the last half, which was full of lots of new stuff and practical application. Interestingly enough, I find myself highlighting more the 2nd time thru than I did the first! Thanks for taking the time to put it to paper, MJ. ~ Jill

Bilgefisher

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
17%
Aug 29, 2007
Aurora, Co
Jill,

I couldn't agree more. My 2nd read (although started halfway through) is now about really absorbing the material as I try and open my eyes to the possibilities out there.

Jason

geebers99

PARKED
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
0% - New User
Feb 28, 2011
Brilliant and concise!

G'day from Australia. Just finished reading Millionaire Fastlane . I have attended a multitude of seminars and self/wealth development forums over several years.
Your book contains the lot in such a simple layman's format.
To sum it up "NIKE" "just do it". Brilliant thanks MJ.

LightHouse

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
163%
Aug 13, 2007
Northern VA
I did read this through once. I keep forgetting to post in here. I have yet to write up both reviews on amazon(got the hard copy) and B&N where i got it for my nook. I will get to these soon. Book was great, have bought it for others already! Thanks for writing it!

unaided

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
140%
Mar 5, 2011
Scottsdale, AZ
In the midst of reading the book and I can't put it down. I agree it's like Rich Dad Poor Dad, without the fluff. Really cuts the BS, isn't filled with ulterior motives, just the Truth put to paper (or digital form). Definitely has humbled me that I'm on the right track and put a fire under my behind to get things done in my business. Start producing and stop wasting time!

Greg

PARKED
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
0% - New User
Mar 5, 2011
I've read the book. Awesome is such an understatement.

"Your today is yesterday’s consequences. Your yesterday laid the foundation for today. Your beliefs and the actions triggered from those beliefs have delivered you to your today, your now, and your life. If you’re not happy in your life now, it’s time to STOP and reflect on the road you’re traveling and how you got there—and then change roads."

This is what really SMACKED me in the GUT and PUNCHED me in the FACE!

Thanks for taking a brutal in your face approach! Look forward to learning a lot here.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.