The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

What's on your Bucket List?

LagunaLauren

Bronze Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
46%
May 20, 2009
Laguna Beach, CA
I'm curious to find out what people have on their Bucket Lists; things you want to do and have before you "kick the bucket". Let's do a few top faves; experiences you want to have and things you want to acquire:

Stuff I wanna have:
1) 130+' Azimut Yacht
2) $30Million house on the beach in Laguna Beach
3) A private jet
4) A home in Monaco and/or Italy
5) A private chef

Stuff I wanna do/experience:
1) Give away $10Million+ per year philanthropically
2) Learn Piano (classical music)
3) Speak French and Italian fluently
4) Meet the Dalai Lama
5) Adopt children

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

JayKim

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
38%
Sep 4, 2008
Colorado Springs
Great post Lauren! My bucketlist is.

Want to do:
I want to travel the world see the great wall, eifle tower, Roman Coliseum, etc....Go all around europe and america on a giant road trip.

See every show in Vegas.

Fly in a f14.

Bungee jump, skydive.

Go to every theme park (disneylands, six flags, universal studios etc..)

Go to space on a plane by virgin owner richard branson.

Win a wsop tournament or other poker tourney.

What I want to own:
Have a home in CA near the beach.

Collect every watch I have ever wanted.

Collect every vehicle I've ever wanted( Murci, F430, Konnigsegg, Gellardo, etc...)

Private jet

Yacht

Donate my fortune when I kick the bucket.

PaulRobert

Gold Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
146%
May 15, 2009
New Jersey
Bump-

Things I will buy before I kick the bucket-

1. Lamborghini Murcielago 670-4 SV
2. Rolex DateJust Special Edition
3. Audemar Piguet
4. House in Saddle River and Naples
5. Private Jet

Things I will experience before I kick the bucket

1. Financial Freedom
2. Travel to the parts of Europe where I haven't been yet.
3. 250 MPH in a Veyron
4. Drive on the Autobahn
5. Selling my business for 7-8 figures

exon

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
40%
Jun 29, 2009
Croatia
Stuff I wanna have:

1) Porsche 911 Turbo (997)
2) BMW S1000RR
3) Bayliner Ciera 2855
4) House near the beach
5) BMW M3 E30 Evolution 2.5
6) Mercedes 190E Evo 2.5-16

1) Financial Freedom
2) Have a happy Family
3) Drive my cars on Nürburgring (green hell)
4) Donate & be able to help other people
5) Sea cruising in my boat

andviv

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
40%
Jul 27, 2007
Washington DC
Cool thread.

Lately I've been thinking more about doing rather than having...

1. Dance this tango, just like the Arnold in True Lies. True Lies Tango Dance Scene 1 - JiggyStudio Dance Videos

2. Drive fast cars. Many of them.

3. Sky diving.

4. Scuba Diving.

5. Fly an airplane.

6. Run a full marathon.

7. Go to the Worldcup.

8. Attend a Formula 1 race in Monaco.

lightning

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
35%
Aug 24, 2007
Northern, NJ
Great thread idea Lauren. :)

Stuff I WILL own:

-A beautiful house on at least 10 acres of property, with enough room and space that the only place my family will ever want to come for a reunion is my home. :) I enjoy entertaining, so this dream house will have an inground pool & patio, a huge kitchen, a hottub/jacuzzi room, a game room, a hobby room (the "Man-Cave" of the house ;) ), beautiful home-theatre set-up, a huge garage (3-4 cars minimum), and some woods to explore allowing me enough room for use of ATV's, snow-mobiles, guns for target shooting, outdoor sports, etc. As well as a giant hammock somewhere amongst the trees in the backyard, so that I can enjoy my success the way MJ now does! :cool:

-A black Lamborghini..the car I have been dreaming about since I was 4-5 years old.

-His and Her Jet-Skis on a nice trailer, with a fully loaded Escalade, Yukon or Tahoe to tow them!

-A huge collection of 1:18th and 1:24th scale diecast cars, all in their own display cases, preferably in their own room in the house (I collect them :) ).

-A HUGE collection of books so I will never stop learning, and a big comfy reclining chair to enjoy them.

-A vacation home SOMEWHERE in Florida, California, or the Carolinas. Dosent have to be anything spectacular, but it MUST have spectacular ocean-front views (something like a 2/2 condo in Florida on the 27th floor of a luxury condo complex would do. :) And in South Florida, a home like this can be had rather cheap right now!!!

Stuff I am going to do or accomplish in my life:

-Lose all of the extra weight that I have been carrying for the past 5 years since I graduated college, and get back down to my lean & mean wrestling build that I had in my early 20's (a problem which I KEEP putting off and that has gotten progressively worse over the years).

-Propose to my beautiful best friend and girlfriend, who is the best thing that has ever happened to me, and who has proven that she would and will support me through anything that comes our way.

-Have a family to grow old with

-Hand my Mom the biggest check she has seen in her entire life (something in the neighborhood of at least 100-grand or more), and let her know that she never has to work another day in her life (at 64 years old, my Mom has been my guiding light my ENTIRE 27-year life, and she has always been there for me. It drives me crazy right now that she is sad that she is not able to retire, and may not be able to afford it for a very long time) :( . Hopefully, I will change that for her very soon.

-Be the kind of Father to my kids that my Dad was to me. Teach them how to fish, how to make friends, how to talk to girls, to always do the right thing. To be the kind of person that my parents inspired me to be.

-Sky-dive

-Be a true and great friend to anyone deserving in my life.

-Scuba dive all over the world

-Drive a Bugatti Veyron (IMO the most outrageous car in the world).

-Learn to drive professionally so that I can enjoy any and all of my cars on a race track.

-Learn to play the piano

-become fluent in both Spanish and Italian

-Make enough money that I can charter a private jet or a yacht anytime I want (no need for me to own)

-Travel and vacation on islands all over the world. From the Bahamas to Maldives.

-Meet and mentor a poor kid somewhere that is struggling to believe in himself, so that he too knows that he can change his life. To guide someone ELSE to the fastlane, the way MJ and some other mentors did for me.

-To pay it forward, and to always be as nice and giving to as many people as I can.

-Go fishing anytime I want...anywhere in the world.

-To never forget where I came from.

-To become succesful, and to make a difference in this world so that people will always remember me when I am gone.

That should keep me busy for awhile. :)

Icy

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
11%
Feb 16, 2009
Stuff I want to have:

1. a cabin by a lake that is more or less secluded. :)
Hmm... this one I have a tough time on because honestly I don't really want much in terms of material things. Obviously I'd buy other things, but this is the only real goal for a "thing" that I (think) would make me happy. Everything else would just be out of being a bit more "normal" (like a house, car, etc) but nothing I truly aspire to have.

Stuff I want (will) to do/accomplish:

1. Play professional soccer (even if at a low division, but I'm certainly not training with the goal of only reaching those divisions)
  2. Impact the soccer "world" for players in a big way. Vague, but that's all I'll say for now. :smug2:
  3. Travel, travel, travel! I'd love to be able to do this with friends. Go to a country for a minimum of a few weeks and just delve into their culture.
  4. Bungee jump\skydive
  5. Donate to less privileged countries to build educational facilities (not necessarily schools) and also places to play soccer. Soccer is one thing that can get my mind off any "problem" and I believe it'd be great for those who definitely do have problems to get their mind of them for at least a little bit. Don't feel I need to justify educational facilities. haha
  6. Learn Japanese, (become better at) Spanish
  7. Complete an Iron Man
  8. Have a family!
Idk, in comparison my list feels a bit empty in terms of things, but really, the "me" now just would love to travel all over the world (without concern of money) and play professional soccer. haha

Bilgefisher

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
17%
Aug 29, 2007
Aurora, Co
Cross another off the list today. You can always complete a bucket list item, no matter where you are in life.

IMG_0289-1.jpg

IMG_0350-1-1.jpg

IMG_0369-1.jpg

GlobalWealth

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
225%
Sep 6, 2009
Latvia
Like Icy, I don't really want much in the way of stuff anymore. I now spend my life seeking experiences.

Some things I will do:

Write a book
Become a highly requested speaker
Take a motorcycle trip from the east coast US to Tierra del Fuego (South America)
Take a motorcycle trip from Western Europe through Russia to Japan
Live somewhere in South America
Spend one year living in an RV travelling the US
Live in Spain and/or Italy
Attend every MotoGP race

For now this is all I can think of. Honestly I am living my life everyday exactly the way I want, so its tough to come up with this for me right now. I have also checked a lot of things off the bucket list like skydive, fly a plane, lots of travel, live abroad, race motorcycles, tae kwon do national championship, etc.

Lauren, thanks for posting this. I need to reevaluate again and think bigger and bigger. I need to work on this and add to my bucket list.

BPA

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
18%
Apr 27, 2010
D.C.
What I will own before I am 50:
1. All 209 cars on the list I've been making for years.
2. A home with every room I've ever wanted. A library with a Putnam rolling ladder, fireplace, and so many books that I need my own catalog, a gun and hunting room, a lounge room to relax with my friends and a cigar, an office with a walk in vault behind a sliding bookshelf, a home theater, a wine cellar, an indoor lap pool, a courtyard in the middle of the house with a garden and a small pond/waterfall that all the surrounding rooms open up into etc....
3. Multiple vacation homes in my favorite places in the world, such as Eze, Prague, Venice, Mykonos, Regensburg, St. Barts
4. Have fractional ownership in a private jet service.
5. Be invited to the Amex Centurion Card program (the Black Card)

What I will do to give back:
1. Set up each of my parent's for life. Tell them they can each pick wherever they want to retire and buy them a home there, and make it so they never see another bill again.
2. Pay off my sister's student loans.
3. Support the Lifesaver bottle and all other projects to provide clean water to those unfortunate enough to not have reliable access to it.
4. Become a regular contributor to the Bill and Melinda Gates Foundation.
5. Mentor youth in entrepreneurship and help others achieve success while also instilling a strong belief of giving back.
6. Create trust funds for my children and grandchildren that will only pay for their education until the age of 30 at which point they can have access to the rest under the condition that they have been gainfully employed for at least 6 years.

There are too many experiences I want to have and things I want to accomplish that I wouldn't even know where to start.

FDJustin

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
11%
Apr 30, 2010
Canada
Alright, I'll just snatch the OP's style for this...

Stuff I wanna have:
1) A jetpack.
2) Children, someday.
3) Money. Always enough to be wealthy and do what I want.
4) A castle.
5) An exotic pet.

1) Never experience winter again.
2) Enable family members.
3) Gain some level of skill in just about everything.
4) Have my own science research facility.
5) Roll in the year 3000.

MJ DeMarco

I followed the science; all I found was money.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
446%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah
I'm happy to say that I can slash off one of my things ... the dream to live on a beach steps from the ocean and awake every morning to the sound of the crashing waves. What an experience!

Russ H

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
21%
Jul 25, 2007
Napa Valley, CA
I'm happy to say that I can slash off one of my things ... the dream to live on a beach steps from the ocean and awake every morning to the sound of the crashing waves. What an experience!

Yeah, it is pretty cool.

Upkeep's a bitch, though. Salt air really takes its toll.

Still, we're probably gonna own a beach house someday.

And it will --probably-- be on an ocean (and not a lake). Most lakes get skeeters (aka "mozzies"-- love the words the Brits have for these little buggers!)

Lake Tahoe is our one lake option-- not a whole lot of mosquitoes, but also not a lot of wave action (I love the sound of the surf, esp when going to sleep).

Tahoe sure is purty, though . . . :smxF:

-Russ H.

andviv

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
40%
Jul 27, 2007
Washington DC

Is your month there over yet?

Funny, the more I think about bucket lists or similar stuff, the more I think of things I want to DO instead of HAVE.

Russ, that's why I think MJ's approach was right, rent it for some period of time, simply enjoy it, instead of 'own' it. It goes with the DO-ing [living there] instead of HAVE-ing [Owning the house and maintain it].

MJ DeMarco

I followed the science; all I found was money.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
446%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah
Is your month there over yet?

Not yet, I truly feel I've *lived* here (vs vacationed) and immersed myself in "local culture" -- I shop at the stores, BBQ on the patio, go to the gym across the street, walk around and dine at the local places ... next year it will be a new destination, new location, and a new experience ... thinking Lake Tahoe, maybe Austin TX or Miami FL, or who knows, maybe a condo in downtown Chicago. All I know is I escaped the brutal Phoenix summer and loved every moment.

The benefit of "renting" is that next year it will be an entirely new experience that I will take with me for the rest of my life. You own your memories for a LIFETIME and perhaps, an eternity .. and best of all, they are rent-free.

Russ H

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
21%
Jul 25, 2007
Napa Valley, CA
The benefit of "renting" is that next year it will be an entirely new experience that I will take with me for the rest of my life. You own your memories for a LIFETIME and perhaps, an eternity .. and best of all, they are rent-free.

Phenomenal observation.

An integral part of our PLAN is to live in a place for 3 months to a year, as our kids are growing up.

Places so far on our list:

1. Paris
2. Southern Australia (probably the Barossa Valley)
3. Southern Italy (this may change as we learn more about Italy)
4. Southern France (Provence and its environs)

. . . and so it goes.

We want to live there long enough to become immersed w/the local culture. We don't expect to ever be treated as locals--but we want to learn the language, and truly feel like we live there.

For this, renting makes the most sense.

However, for me, a beach house is like MJ's Lambo: It will be close by (within 2 hours drive, probably 1 hr 20 min away), and we will go there whenever we have the desire for that type of experience.

I wonder if upkeep costs for a beach house are roughly comparable to owning a Murci?

Beach house maintenance costs run about $5-10K/year (as long as you're not 40' from the water), and monthly mortgage expenses run about $3k. Prop tax would be around $400/mo.

We could actually pull residual income of about $10-20K/year if we rented it out-- so that's a consideration as well.

Everyone has their "thing"-- a goal or something that drives them. For me right now, it's a beach house.

-Russ H.

Motivated

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
8%
Aug 17, 2010
Phenomenal observation.

An integral part of our PLAN is to live in a place for 3 months to a year, as our kids are growing up.

Places so far on our list:

1. Paris
2. Southern Australia (probably the Barossa Valley)
3. Southern Italy (this may change as we learn more about Italy)
4. Southern France (Provence and its environs)

. . . and so it goes.

We want to live there long enough to become immersed w/the local culture. We don't expect to ever be treated as locals--but we want to learn the language, and truly feel like we live there.

For this, renting makes the most sense.

However, for me, a beach house is like MJ's Lambo: It will be close by (within 2 hours drive, probably 1 hr 20 min away), and we will go there whenever we have the desire for that type of experience.

I wonder if upkeep costs for a beach house are roughly comparable to owning a Murci?

Beach house maintenance costs run about $5-10K/year (as long as you're not 40' from the water), and monthly mortgage expenses run about $3k. Prop tax would be around $400/mo.

We could actually pull residual income of about $10-20K/year if we rented it out-- so that's a consideration as well.

Everyone has their "thing"-- a goal or something that drives them. For me right now, it's a beach house.

-Russ H.
Hey Russ, I'm about an hour and a half away from the Barossa. I have only been a couple of times for work, I hear good things about the place, if you do make it down this way shoot me a PM it'd be good meeting someone from this board.

Rickson9

Gold Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
101%
Sep 4, 2010
Canada
The only thing I have on my bucket list is to live to a healthy 120 years old with my wife.

I know, it sounds cheesy...

Bilgefisher

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
17%
Aug 29, 2007
Aurora, Co

andviv

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
40%
Jul 27, 2007
Washington DC
This is one of mine...

Eos

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
59%
Mar 5, 2011
England
I'm a little stuck for things that I want, my ambitions are more centered on experiences than material luxuries at the moment. I guess if I had the cash though I would blow chunks of it on clothes, women and cars.

Wants:

Own the marquee ferrari of the day - not so much of a lambo fan
Penthouse 'bachelor pad' in London
Enough money to travel wherever I like, whenever I like and stay as long as I please.
A son.

Experience

Scuba dive in every ocean in the most beautiful and amazing reefs.
Bungie jump the top 10 locations In the world.
Base jump.
Solo sky dive.
Complete a marathon.
Visit every major world city, dine, party and experience the best things to do in each.
See the pyramids, colliseum, eiffel tower etc - sort of ties in with the visit every major city point.
Visit natural wonders and landscapes; Grand Canyon, Niagra falls etc.
Learn to Ski expertly.
Swim with Sharks and Dolphins.
Drive a supercar 200 mph +
Make love on every continent.
Break a world record.
Experience zero gravity/go to space.

I feel I am missing some but these will do for now :)

DrummerDad

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
26%
Apr 8, 2011
Material things:
1) An 8000+ sq ft custom home (we have already picked a floor plan, and design), with a huge sun room in the back, with a large pool that can be used year round. Itll sit on about 10+ acres, right here in good old Tennessee.
2) A few expensive cars: 1989 Lamborghini Countach (dream car), white on white. A new modified corvette Z06, a new ZL1 Camaro, and a new Cadillac CTS-V, maybe. And I want to build my firebird into a monster. Its going to come in handy racing all the motor venues I want to race in.
3) A Mosquito Air Helicopter. Around $30k, homebuilt and loads of fun. Im obsessed with vertical flight, and want one of these things bad. Plus I already have the tools, and skills to build it.
4) A homebuilt ultrlight airplane. The all aluminum ultracruiser looks to be perfect.
5) A huge shop/garage, where I can work on, and modify the cars and airframes. And I need an aviation area, to perform maintenance on the kit built airplanes and helicopters. And loads of tools, lifts, and proper machines to maintain the vehicles. Ive got to have something to do.

Non-material things:
1) Adopt, or foster kids. We have three, and decided to stop, because they costs so much to properly care for. If money were no object, we would have alot more. There are way too many kids who need good homes, and cant get them.
2) Be financially able to make donations to organizations that we feel are doing real good. Red Cross, St. Jude, and dozens more, who help people in need. I want to make large donations, anonymously so it helps where its needed.
3) Go on a few, real vacations. A cruise, Europe, Dubai, Germany. We have never had a vacation, only took time off of work, and stayed home.
4) Race all the large racing venues. Salt flats, Texas Mile, Nurburg ring (sp?), and go on one of the motoring "iron man" competitions, like Hot Rods pump gas drags, The silver state challenge, or maybe the Bullrun. Something like that. All in the same car, my 1991 Firebird. Its going to be built to straight out assassinate exotics, and supercars.
5) I want to drive cross country with my wife (and kids if they want, and if its possible before they enter the dreaded teenage years) on a motorcycle, or in a car I built. She is scared of two wheeled motocycles, but I think I could get her on a 3 wheeled Can-Am.

zipan

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
10%
Apr 14, 2011
Wants nobody meet famous and rich people??
That's a shame!! :p

In my life I want to meet 2 people!! I go to meet this two persons in my life!! :p

Will Smith!!
Check this out!!

YouTube - Will Smith - Inspirational words of Wisdom

And off course, Richard Branson!!

How sick is this!! : p

YouTube - Richard Branson - Does not know the basic business lingo

LOVE, Light & Peace
Zipan

CEBenz

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
29%
Apr 16, 2011
Tacoma, Wa
Stuff I wanna have:
1) Lamborghini Aventador
2) Lamborghini Murcielago (Rosso Andromeda w/ 6spd man.)
3) Lamborghini Gallardo Spyder
4) An island in the Caribbean or Bahamas
5) A specific 10k sq ft house in Tacoma, Wa (probably make a bed and breakfast out of it) 6) A sailing Cat (50' or so)
7) Rolex Yacht Master

1) Financial Freedom
2) Build a school in Asia
3) Make sure mom can be taken care of.
4) Meet and hang out with Richard Branson
5) Meet and hang out with MJ DeMarco
6) Meet and hang out with Felix Dennis
7) Meet and hang out with Will Smith
8) Meet and hang out with Tim Ferriss
9) Feed orphaned Lion Cubs
10) Donate to whichever charities I think are worthy
11) Spend 3 months in Argentina
12) Spend 3 months in Greece
13) Visit Morocco
14) Visit Petra
15) Go To Skip Barber's driving school at Laguna Seca (Mazda Raceway)
16) Attend a Formula 1 race in Monaco.
17) Meet and mentor a poor kid somewhere that is struggling to believe in himself, so that he too knows that he can change his life. To guide someone ELSE to the fastlane, the way MJ and some other mentors did for me.
18) Take a Jeep trip from the west coast US to Tierra del Fuego (South America)

And lastly, spend my winters some freakin place warm. This 8 months of clouds and rain thing SUUUCCKKKKSS!

mrhahn

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
8%
Apr 21, 2011
San Diego
No particular order:

1) The financial freedom to pursue my interests
2) Develop my own video game
3) Run a microbrewery (and possible adjoining bar/restaurant)
4) Be at all the important events in my son's life
5) Allow my wife to pursue her own interests
6) Let my parents retire early and cover all their debt for my other siblings
7) Shopping spree for my wife at Nordstrom's
8) Buy a 2-3K sq ft. house by the beach in San Diego with cash
9) Buy a new Lambo/Ferrari with cash
10) Charter or own a private jet
11) Build some type of business in the Philippines
12) Travel all over the world with my family
13) Donate at least $1M a year to charity
14) Start a guinea pig rescue with my wife
15) Shoot a Barrett .50 cal (at a range)

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.