The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success
  • SPONSORED: GiganticWebsites.com: We Build Sites with THOUSANDS of Unique and Genuinely Useful Articles

30% to 50% Fastlane-exclusive discounts on WordPress-powered websites with everything included: WordPress setup, design, keyword research, article creation and article publishing. Click HERE to claim.

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

How did MJ pay rent while building his business?

gilli

Contributor
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
176%
Aug 22, 2020
italy
I get that you’re supposed to value your time over money, but realistically, how did he pay rent while building his business? I definitely feel like I missed something in the book. It’s the “quit your job” part that gets me, I will literally die if I do that.
You must not think about how to quit your job and slaughter your milk-giving cow. Instead, you should think about how you can gain more time and build your business without it becoming a time constraint. That's why I chose the software business, because I can work on my dream immediately after work.

Example: I worked as a lumberjack for a winter because I thought this profession was cool and manly. But after the first week, I knew I wouldn't be able to keep it up for long. Every day I came home totally exhausted and didn't have enough energy to work on my business/dream. It even got to the point where I needed time off on the weekend to recover from work so I could get back to work in the woods on Monday.

Another example: My second to last job was with a company that built heating systems for industry. I was employed there as an assembler. So I left for the customer's at 5:30 in the morning and didn't get back home until 8 p.m. The problem was that I no longer had time to work on my business.

I currently work for my uncle in a woodworking business. I start at 6:45 in the morning and work until 16:15. This gives me time from 4:15pm to 11:00pm to work on my business. I also have Friday afternoons off since we already have the 40 hours together.

What I'm saying is that you should make sure that your main job doesn't make your life difficult when you're working on a Fastlane business. You should make sure that firstly, you don't overwork your body and secondly, that your job doesn't take up too much of your time. Even though overtime will make you good money, you should always be clear about what you really want. Overtime may make you money, but you won't have the time for a fastlane business."

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.

More Intros...