The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Need help from a whale to offset my massive trading losses

milliondollarbil

New Contributor
Nov 4, 2022
If you've invested long enough, you know how hard it is to become successful and stay successful. I've been up numerous of times, yet every time I get to the millions, a black swan event happens to cause me to lose just about everything I have in less than a months time. Just about the worst thing that can happen to you happens to me every time I think I made it. This year is no different. If anyone is in the 37% tax bracket this year, let's work something out. I have a hefty 1.5M capital loss sitting to be gobbled up. I know its not the wisest choice for me, but it will save me a lot of time getting cash. If a whale is on here and they can help give me a lift, they will earn not only some cash, but a good friend who will help out when the tide turns the other way. Those are rare to come by. Message me if you're interested to help

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Antifragile

Progress not perfection
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
453%
Mar 15, 2018
A newly subscribed member, giving an online random ask like this isn't the right approach. You are either:

1. A scammer, everyone should avoid, or
2. Not seeing the world from the right angle!

No one, no one who's even remotely successful, would be willing to respond to a Prince from Nigeria has a massive wire transfer ready to make you a millionaire. How is your little post here any different?

If you are legit and hit hard times... still not the way to go about it.

• Banned

milliondollarbil

New Contributor
Nov 4, 2022
A newly subscribed member, giving an online random ask like this isn't the right approach. You are either:

1. A scammer, everyone should avoid, or
2. Not seeing the world from the right angle!

No one, no one who's even remotely successful, would be willing to respond to a Prince from Nigeria has a massive wire transfer ready to make you a millionaire. How is your little post here any different?

If you are legit and hit hard times... still not the way to go about it.
How would you suggest I approach it? I am willing to fly out and do a personal meet. My network is not full of whales who make this type of money yearly.

MJ DeMarco

I followed the science; all I found was money.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
445%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah
Your account was approved with much skepticism. I see after 10+ years of doing this, my skepticism was spot on.

This is an inappropriate forum post as both of your posts are solicitous (one was already deleted), and it comes from some stranger no one here knows, and has not contributed anything. Shall I delete your account since you won't get what you need from us? Or are you generally interested in keeping all these millions you seem to have made and for some reason, cannot hold on to?

• Banned

milliondollarbil

New Contributor
Nov 4, 2022
Your account was approved with much skepticism. I see after 10+ years of doing this, my skepticism was spot on.

This is an inappropriate forum post as both of them are solicitous, and it comes from some stranger no one here knows, and has not contributed anything. Shall I delete your account?
Should I post my tax returns for you? I am genuinely reaching out for financial help after having a rough time year after year. If you feel that deserves a ban, I cannot stop you.

MJ DeMarco

Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
445%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah
  • Banned

milliondollarbil

New Contributor
Nov 4, 2022
I don't care about your tax returns. You're here for the wrong reason.
How does someone approach this then, if they do not have a network of wealthy of friends? I can make this money back, I always do. But the biggest cost is time, something that is finite and I am running out of.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20221104_135344.jpg
    Screenshot_20221104_135344.jpg
    68.7 KB · Views: 63

Antifragile

Progress not perfection
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
453%
Mar 15, 2018
As MJ posted, you are asking the wrong questions and maybe you are here for the wrong reason.

I promise you, no one cares about meeting you in person or seeing your tax return. This forum exists to help people become successful entrepreneurs. Which is why I (with hesitation of wasting my own time) replied to you.

Let's reverse the tables, how would I go about this if it were me, not you ...

1. I would look to understand the root cause of my problems. Tell my story and ask for help in finding the error in my decisions that led me to lose millions multiple times.
  2. I would look to establish credibility by contributing to others here. I'd ask myself "who can I help here today? What do I know that is useful to someone else and how do I reach them?"
But with you, it's all "external black swan events" that seem to cause you problems. You are wrong about that. Own your outcomes - it was YOU who made choices that led to today.

If you insist on blaming the world and looking for "whales" ... oh boy... I expect you to continue to perform the way you've always done, one step forward and two steps back.

Hopefully my post wakes you up and the doze of hard truth is welcome. If not, ask me if I care ;)

MJ DeMarco

Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
445%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah
You're here for the wrong reason.

Just to clarify: Instead of learning from your mistakes, you want someone here to remedy you from them.

If you're here for the former reason, welcome.
If you're here for the latter, I can delete your account.

How does someone approach this then

Uh, learn from your mistakes?

This tells me you haven't learned from them, and instead want to chalk this up to a "black swan" -- a market correcting and going down for the first time in 15 years is not a "black swan." Investing your entire life savings into "crypto" is not a black swan, it's a bad decision coming back to bite you.

The only black swan in the last 20 years has been the 2008 market crash.

milliondollarbil

New Contributor
Nov 4, 2022
As MJ posted, you are asking the wrong questions and maybe you are here for the wrong reason.

I promise you, no one cares about meeting you in person or seeing your tax return. This forum exists to help people become successful entrepreneurs. Which is why I (with hesitation of wasting my own time) replied to you.

Let's reverse the tables, how would I go about this if it were me, not you ...

1. I would look to understand the root cause of my problems. Tell my story and ask for help in finding the error in my decisions that led me to lose millions multiple times.
  2. I would look to establish credibility by contributing to others here. I'd ask myself "who can I help here today? What do I know that is useful to someone else and how do I reach them?"
But with you, it's all "external black swan events" that seem to cause you problems. You are wrong about that. Own your outcomes - it was YOU who made choices that led to today.

If you insist on blaming the world and looking for "whales" ... oh boy... I expect you to continue to perform the way you've always done, one step forward and two steps back.

Hopefully my post wakes you up and the doze of hard truth is welcome. If not, ask me if I care ;)
Of course they are all my decisions and i alone take the blame for my losses. Now tell me, where did I blame someone else? Do you know what a black swan event is? I am a math person. The way I view the world is in terms of probability. The probability of the events that occurred in my life to cause me to lose all my money in such a short period of time are less than 1%. For a black swan event to occur so frequently in a person's life is absolutely terrible luck. Thanks to the tax code, I have a rare opportunity to make a significant amount of money back. Both parties benefit as both profit. There are very few individuals that are in the 37% tax bracket. Finding them is the hardest part and it seems like there are no wealthy Individuals on this site

Ravens_Shadow

THE TRUTH IS OUT THERE
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
643%
Oct 2, 2012
Austin, TX
Of course they are all my decisions and i alone take the blame for my losses. Now tell me, where did I blame someone else? Do you know what a black swan event is? I am a math person. The way I view the world is in terms of probability. The probability of the events that occurred in my life to cause me to lose all my money in such a short period of time are less than 1%. For a black swan event to occur so frequently in a person's life is absolutely terrible luck. Thanks to the tax code, I have a rare opportunity to make a significant amount of money back. Both parties benefit as both profit. There are very few individuals that are in the 37% tax bracket. Finding them is the hardest part and it seems like there are no wealthy Individuals on this site
I probably have a "net worth" greater than your entire family and the previous generation, and MJ probably trumps almost everyone on this forum put together lol. It's your fault you lost your money, if you ever had it, and it's your responsibility to get yourself out of it. If you were smart you probably would have cashed out. Clearly you put too much faith in your model of probability.

Antifragile

Progress not perfection
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
453%
Mar 15, 2018
Of course they are all my decisions and i alone take the blame for my losses. Now tell me, where did I blame someone else?

Wait for it...

Do you know what a black swan event is? I am a math person. The way I view the world is in terms of probability. The probability of the events that occurred in my life to cause me to lose all my money in such a short period of time are less than 1%. For a black swan event to occur so frequently in a person's life is absolutely terrible luck.
There it is. Terrible luck is who we blame.

Thanks to the tax code, I have a rare opportunity to make a significant amount of money back. Both parties benefit as both profit. There are very few individuals that are in the 37% tax bracket. Finding them is the hardest part and it seems like there are no wealthy Individuals on this site

:rofl:

Hate to be the one to pop your bubble, but 7 figures isn't even in the whale territory.

You are still asking the wrong questions and I am done with you. Bye bye.

Last edited:

milliondollarbil

New Contributor
Nov 4, 2022
I probably have a "net worth" greater than your entire family and the previous generation, and MJ probably trumps almost everyone on this forum put together lol. It's your fault you lost your money, if you ever had it, and it's your responsibility to get yourself out of it. If you were smart you probably would have cashed out. Clearly you put too much faith in your model of probability.
I come from poverty, so I do not doubt that. My family comes from a history of oppression(holocaust/communism). They never had the opportunity to become successful. It was only because my mother got the courage to escape and start a new life in the states that I had the opportunity to have the life I am living. Everything I have, i earned it myself and fought for it since I was 12 years old. I wasnt previliged to be born in royalty or born into wealth. And frankly i couldn't care less. It is much more satisfying building it yourself. But i see the crab in a bucket concept applies to this site. Instead of giving help, its a bunch of people trying to trample over me and try to bring me down lol. I've dealt with enough crabs in my life to be unaffected by it.

Last edited:

Kak

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
493%
Jan 23, 2011
Texas
Is this the king of Las Vegas? :rofl:

MJ DeMarco

Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
445%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah
The way I view the world is in terms of probability.

Wow, what a novel idea. Someone should write some books about this concept!!

Finding them is the hardest part and it seems like there are no wealthy Individuals on this site

3 people responded to you on this thread and I'm guessing our/their cumulative net worth probably exceeds 9 figures. I realize that $100,000,000 is small potatoes for you and your $1.3M loss, so I apologize not being "whale" enough for you.

And BTW, if you want to deal with high-net-worth individuals, it's best not to pejoratively label them as "whales".

Do you know what a black swan event is?

Yes I do, apparently you don't though. The only black swan appears around here appears related to your decision making.

You belong at Reddit's Wall Street Bets forum, not here.

But i see the crab in a bucket concept applies to this site

Since you like judging a forum you clearly KNOW NOTHING ABOUT, Ill judge you.

You're an idiot.

Good luck figuring out why you're the unluckiest person alive.

But only after some "whale" saves you from your poor investment decisions.

milliondollarbil

New Contributor
Nov 4, 2022
Wait for it...

There it is. Terrible luck is who we blame.

:rofl:

Hate to be the one to pop your bubble, but 7 figures isn't even in the wale territory.

You are still asking the wrong questions and I am done with you. Bye bye.
What is wrong with you? You sound miserable. Why are you trying to create a conflict when there is none? Who gives a why or how I lost money? Why are you trying to make it about that? That's irrelevant here. No where did I even mention I was a whale. There are very few people who make 7 figures YEARLY and pay 37% in TAXES. I have 1.5m in capital loss that someone can take advantage of and save on taxes. Please stop replying because you are not only wasting my time but everyone else that is reading.

Kak

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
493%
Jan 23, 2011
Texas
What is wrong with you? You sound miserable. Why are you trying to create a conflict when there is none? Who gives a why or how I lost money? Why are you trying to make it about that? That's irrelevant here. No where did I even mention I was a whale. There are very few people who make 7 figures YEARLY and pay 37% in TAXES. I have 1.5m in capital loss that someone can take advantage of and save on taxes. Please stop replying because you are not only wasting my time but everyone else that is reading.
How can someone else take advantage of YOUR personal loss in your trading account?

I understand buying a business with a loss, but you showed what looked like a screenshot of TD Ameritrade… I’m not an accountant but this sounds like bullshit.

Also… Take a locus of control quiz. You are high external. It honestly surprises me you ever made money with this mindset.

milliondollarbil

New Contributor
Nov 4, 2022
How can someone else take advantage of YOUR personal loss in your trading account?

I understand buying a business with a loss, but you showed what looked like a screenshot of TD Ameritrade… I’m not an accountant but this sounds like

I understand buying a business with a loss, but you showed what looked like a screenshot of TD Ameritrade… I’m not an accountant but this sounds like bullshit.
There is much for you to learn about the tax code

MJ DeMarco

Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
445%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah
Who gives a why or how I lost money?

Yea, who cares about how or why you lost money.

Here's my bank account number.

Let's do business together.

You think high-net worth individuals are this stupid? Or are you this stupid?

You need an accountant, not a partner dumb enough to take your offer.

Kak

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
493%
Jan 23, 2011
Texas
If I were a betting man, which I’m not, because I don’t much care for chance… I’d bet there isn’t much for me to learn about the tax code and this is bullshit short of you getting a gay whale marriage with someone that has gains to offset.

milliondollarbil

New Contributor
Nov 4, 2022
Yea, who cares about how or why you lost money.

Here's my bank account number.

Let's do business together.

You think high-net worth individuals are this stupid? Or are you this stupid?

You need an accountant, not a partner dumb enough to take your offer.
That's not what was proposed and not at all the case here. It has to be done legally. I proposed to meet in person and discuss it in detail. not the bull others are trying to claim I said. If you're still going to PAY the govt in taxes, why would you care where the money goes? Especially when you will be getting some of it as well.

milliondollarbil

New Contributor
Nov 4, 2022
If I were a betting man, which I’m not, because I don’t much care for chance… I’d bet there isn’t much for me to learn about the tax code and this is bullshit short of you getting a gay whale marriage with someone that has gains to offset.
If there is nothing you can offer but a baseless opinion, why bother? Do you want attention? Or is it to try to provoke a reaction?

milliondollarbil

New Contributor
Nov 4, 2022
Wow, what a novel idea. Someone should write some books about this concept!!

3 people responded to you on this thread and I'm guessing our/their cumulative net worth probably exceeds 9 figures. I realize that $100,000,000 is small potatoes for you and your $1.3M loss, so I apologize not being "whale" enough for you.

And BTW, if you want to deal with high-net-worth individuals, it's best not to pejoratively label them as "whales".

Yes I do, apparently you don't though. The only black swan appears around here appears related to your decision making.

You belong at Reddit's Wall Street Bets forum, not here.

Since you like judging a forum you clearly KNOW NOTHING ABOUT, Ill judge you.

You're an idiot.

Good luck figuring out why you're the unluckiest person alive.

But only after some "whale" saves you from your poor investment decisions.
Look at every single comment I have received. Every single comment was either an attempt to attack me, belittle me, or misrepresent what I wrote in the intro. Its actually hilarious and sad at the same time. It tells the public about the quality of people on this site. No where did I ask for a donation. No where did I ask for charity. No where did i ask people to give their useless opinions on why or how I lost money. I didnt ask for a therapist either. You can pretend your forum is a victim of my "judging" but anyone who reads through the comments can see who was judging who. The very FIRST comment i got was calling me a prince of Nigeria scammer lol. At least there was one valuable thing I can take from all this bickering: your recommendation to go to reddit wall street bets. Thank you for that. I forgot it existed. There's a large enough pool of short term gainers to pick from. I am sure I will get more value there than I did on here

MJ DeMarco

Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
445%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah

There is much for you to learn about tax fraud.

I wonder how the accountants on the forum would review your solicitation, or better, the IRS.

At least there was one valuable thing I can take from all this bickering: your recommendation to go to reddit wall street bets.

Thanks for proving your dumbassery as someone who thinks wealth comes from stupid stock and crypto scams.

I can't imagine how much your life sucks in that you've resorted to internet begging. Successful people don't do this.

Your sudden windfalls of big money is as much as a black swan (luck) as you repeatedly losing it.

The recession (or as you call a "black swan") has to shake out the numbskulls like you in order to return to things to rational, common sense balance.

There's a common denominator in your losses, look in the mirror and you'll find it.

Good luck and goodbye.

Ing

Gold Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
102%
Jun 8, 2019
Bavaria
I sometimes feel like a whale, but thats not money related.
I dare to couquer this thread for some questions to learn from it.
In US:
The 37% tax bracket. Is that the tax comulated or the tax rate of the last 1000usd?
Is 37% % for the last 1000 the highest?
When you make a loss, don’t you deduct it from your income, so that you don’t pay taxes on that. So a 1m loss is max a 630k loss?
Is 37% bracket much? My border tax rate is much more than 37.
Thanks!

loop101

Platinum Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
161%
Mar 3, 2013
I am sure I will get more value there than I did on here
You might "get more value" if you focus on "giving more value". You earn money by earning it. Your approach is completely backwards.

MJ DeMarco

Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
445%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah
sometimes feel like a whale, but thats not money related.
I dare to couquer this thread for some questions to learn from it.
In US:
The 37% tax bracket. Is that the tax comulated or the tax rate of the last 1000usd?
Is 37% % for the last 1000 the highest?
When you make a loss, don’t you deduct it from your income, so that you don’t pay taxes on that. So a 1m loss is max a 630k loss?
Is 37% bracket much? My border tax rate is much more than 37.
Thanks!

Losses can be carried forward, but I'm guessing this guy is looking to play a shell game with someone dumb enough to fall for it.

So let's play.

I agree to his grift.

Now what?

I create a fake business and "write off" his losses? I take my current business that has made millions, and use it to write off his losses? How does this guy's personal losses get to my business that is making millions?

It makes no sense other than blatant tax fraud.

Would love to hear from @CareCPA or another CPA on the forum, I know we should have a half dozen or so.

Ing

Gold Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
102%
Jun 8, 2019
Bavaria
Losses can be carried forward, but I'm guessing this guy is looking to play a shell game with someone dumb enough to fall for it.

So let's play.

I agree to his grift.

Now what?

I create a fake business and "write off" his losses? I take my current business that has made millions, and use it to write off his losses? How does this guy's personal losses get to my business that is making millions?

It makes no sense other than blatant tax fraud.
Oh yes, now I got the sense of that thread!

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.

More Intros...