The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Feeling lost...

Anything related to matters of the mind

Stefan.was.here

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
26%
Jun 14, 2022
United Kingdom
When I was 18 years old I didn't go to college, instead, I moved to another country to pursue my dreams, but I just action-faked, and now, I see myself being 25 years old and still working at a shit job at a warehouse without any other source of income.

I made many mistakes during my life and feel unempowered, sometimes I just want to die and disappear.

I always thought that you choose to become an entrepreneur and start a business, but isn't that way, you must find a problem and solve it, but what if you didn't find anything? I can't find any business that meets the CENTS and I'm depressed because my life is not changing.

I even thought of paying 11k for a BootCamp so I can get a job in tech while I figure out what business I'm going to start because I lack a lot of clarity.

What do you think? Has anyone been through the same situation?

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

UK_Mike

Bronze Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
97%
Sep 10, 2020
North West UK
I even thought of paying 11k for a BootCamp so I can get a job in tech while I figure out what business I'm going to start because I lack a lot of clarity.
Spending your way out of it doesn't seem like a good idea to me - I'm sure you could probably get similar value out of the internet for free, or for less.

I haven't really been in your situation - I'd love to find something I can do, but I'm at the other end of the working lifespan to you, and have spent a lot of time saving up so that if I don't have much to do by now, it's not the end of the world.

Maybe you could say what country you're in, if you're comfortable in doing that, and there may be others on here in the same country that could offer more specific advice.

Beebop27

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
110%
Jun 22, 2020
Sydney, Australia
Its difficult to reply to your post, but I feel compelled to as I have to some extent experienced deep bouts of depression before, and one of the hallmarks of it is the deep feeling that you are incredibly alone. Which is why I wanted to reply.

Of course there are different scales of depression and dont really know how deep it is for you.

I would assess the source of your saddness, and it sounds to me like it stems from envy or comparing yourself to some ideal self you 'should have been', or some other bs online entrepreneur you may have seen via social media.

What you have on your side is time and youth.

And with that, you can afford to take big risks in new adventures and ideas and if they all fail, you still have time to pick yourself up and try something else.

MJ talks about how this path is hard. I have felt it too, in my past failings and current ones too. But the ability to keep on going when all shit is hell fire, builds your character and will increase the odds of your success.

If I were you, I would be careful what I am consuming. All those F*cking young kids in lambos flashing money and shit, the "I only work 2 hours a week and get x,y,z pay". All of that F*cking noise thats out there. Stop it. Stop F*ckling consuming that shit.

Also, knowing that we all must die one day, is also empowering. For me at least. What do you have to lose? The odds of one person being born is 1 in 400 Trillion dude. You need to look at those odds. The fact that we are alive here right now is ridiculous, special and unique.

So why not give it a go.

Be brave and bold and try.

In closing, i'll leave you a cool quote from Richard Dawkins:

Best of luck. Keep strong. But also reach out to someone if you need to when it gets bad.

“We are going to die, and that makes us the lucky ones. Most people are never going to die because they are never going to be born. The potential people who could have been here in my place but who will in fact never see the light of day outnumber the sand grains of Arabia. Certainly those unborn ghosts include greater poets than Keats, scientists greater than Newton. We know this because the set of possible people allowed by our DNA so massively exceeds the set of actual people. In the teeth of these stupefying odds it is you and I, in our ordinariness, that are here.We privileged few, who won the lottery of birth against all odds, how dare we whine at our inevitable return to that prior state from which the vast majority have never stirred?”​

Patryk.

Bronze Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
173%
Apr 21, 2022
Poland
You will spend 11k and you will be trapped to that job. You don't even know if you will like it. Save the money and try learning it form youtube first, then decide.
Almost every business in my region can be upgreaded to meet the CENTS commandments.

Matt Lee

Silver Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
419%
Aug 9, 2022
Don't beat yourself up. No point. You'll only feel bad, demoralize yourself, and idle some more time. Acknowledge things need to change and go do it.

If I were you I'd pump myself up, saying things like "shit, I f*cked up badly huh. This is not where I expected when I was 18(laugh or cry, I'd cry). Now I really got to step up my game, work twice as hard, shut my mouth and never whine again. THIS IS THE BEST TIME TO CHANGE COURSE because I'm only losing time. The responsibilities are also pilling up. My age is only increasing. IT'S NOW OR NEVER. I truly have nothing to lose and all to gain".

The truth is, you have 7 years of experience of knowing what does not work. Use it. You didn't waste time just because you "action-fake". Stop labeling your past decisions. Stop judging yourself. Does it benefit you at all calling yourself a loser? If not then stop doing it.

In a few years from now, when you look back, you will see that every one of your decisions led you to your own success whatever that may be. Don't let anyone else make you feel bad. Don't allow them to.

Start with reading this thread. It'll show you what's possible. IDK if you have, but do it. A lot can change in 1 year. Have your mind open to the possibility when you have nothing to lose.

Then read this thread here. I've read it to the point of memorization. This should be read by everyone.

Then go build something. There's so many free guides on here that I'm surprise it's not in $997 books.

Stefan.was.here

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
26%
Jun 14, 2022
United Kingdom
Spending your way out of it doesn't seem like a good idea to me - I'm sure you could probably get similar value out of the internet for free, or for less.
That's entirely true. One of my biggest problems is that I'm a massive consumer and I always wanted to take shortcuts, so I just kept buying useless things that I thought would be useful like an expensive desk and an expensive chair for example...
I'd love to find something I can do
Thank you so much! This means a lot to me. Becoming an entrepreneur is one of the hardest things on earth and a very lonely path... Especially if you are single and your dating life is nonexistent.
Maybe you could say what country you're in, if you're comfortable in doing that, and there may be others on here in the same country that could offer more specific advice.
I live in the UK, but I'm from Spain.

Thank you so much for taking the time to write the post and try to help me, it means a lot to me :)

Stefan.was.here

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
26%
Jun 14, 2022
United Kingdom
Its difficult to reply to your post, but I feel compelled to as I have to some extent experienced deep bouts of depression before, and one of the hallmarks of it is the deep feeling that you are incredibly alone. Which is why I wanted to reply.
I understand you... I feel the same when I see someone that's having a bad time. Thank you so much for wanting to reply :)
Of course there are different scales of depression and dont really know how deep it is for you.
Honestly, I'm starting to feel better. But it was very deep, I was in very low levels of self-esteem and my mood was terrible all day, I'm a bit ashamed to say it but sometimes I wanted to die.
I would assess the source of your saddness, and it sounds to me like it stems from envy or comparing yourself to some ideal self you 'should have been', or some other bs online entrepreneur you may have seen via social media.
It's everything you mentioned...
And with that, you can afford to take big risks in new adventures and ideas and if they all fail, you still have time to pick yourself up and try something else.
That's entirely true. I think the biggest mistake I make is comparing myself to others.
If I were you, I would be careful what I am consuming. All those F*cking young kids in lambos flashing money and shit, the "I only work 2 hours a week and get x,y,z pay". All of that F*cking noise thats out there. Stop it. Stop F*ckling consuming that shit.
I know, man. I had to stop consuming it, most of the content I consume is good quality content, but at the end of the day it doesn't matter because I'm not taking the right action
Also, knowing that we all must die one day, is also empowering. For me at least. What do you have to lose? The odds of one person being born is 1 in 400 Trillion dude. You need to look at those odds. The fact that we are alive here right now is ridiculous, special and unique.

So why not give it a go.

Be brave and bold and try.

In closing, i'll leave you a cool quote from Richard Dawkins:

Best of luck. Keep strong. But also reach out to someone if you need to when it gets bad.

“We are going to die, and that makes us the lucky ones. Most people are never going to die because they are never going to be born. The potential people who could have been here in my place but who will in fact never see the light of day outnumber the sand grains of Arabia. Certainly those unborn ghosts include greater poets than Keats, scientists greater than Newton. We know this because the set of possible people allowed by our DNA so massively exceeds the set of actual people. In the teeth of these stupefying odds it is you and I, in our ordinariness, that are here.We privileged few, who won the lottery of birth against all odds, how dare we whine at our inevitable return to that prior state from which the vast majority have never stirred?”​

That's one thing missing inside me, I don't realize how limited is time, and I should be grateful for everything I have, especially for having both of my parents alive.

Thank you and thanks for the quote, I really like it!

Stefan.was.here

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
26%
Jun 14, 2022
United Kingdom
You will spend 11k and you will be trapped to that job. You don't even know if you will like it. Save the money and try learning it form youtube first, then decide.
That's 100% true. I realized that it doesn't make any sense to spend that amount of money to be trapped in the slow lane. I'm saving up at the moment and figuring out what problem to solve.
Almost every business in my region can be upgreaded to meet the CENTS commandments
How?

Stefan.was.here

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
26%
Jun 14, 2022
United Kingdom
Don't beat yourself up. No point. You'll only feel bad, demoralize yourself, and idle some more time. Acknowledge things need to change and go do it.

If I were you I'd pump myself up, saying things like "shit, I f*cked up badly huh. This is not where I expected when I was 18(laugh or cry, I'd cry). Now I really got to step up my game, work twice as hard, shut my mouth and never whine again. THIS IS THE BEST TIME TO CHANGE COURSE because I'm only losing time. The responsibilities are also pilling up. My age is only increasing. IT'S NOW OR NEVER. I truly have nothing to lose and all to gain".
I just learned that you get what you focus on, if you focus on the right things, you will get them, but if you focus on the bad things, you'll also get them, so it's better to focus on the right ones

I had to go through a deep understanding of my situation and I had to eliminate my ego and stop comparing myself and admit that I'm where I'm because of my own decisions

When I was 18 I knew all this was going to happen, but when is happening, it's 1,000 times harder.

And I took a decision and I knew there was no look back, so I'm going to keep loyal to myself and keep fighting for I was fighting all this time.

The truth is, you have 7 years of experience of knowing what does not work. Use it. You didn't waste time just because you "action-fake". Stop labeling your past decisions. Stop judging yourself. Does it benefit you at all calling yourself a loser? If not then stop doing it.
That made me think a lot... I was just too blind to realize that I've learned some things along the way...
In a few years from now, when you look back, you will see that every one of your decisions led you to your own success whatever that may be. Don't let anyone else make you feel bad. Don't allow them to.

Start with reading this thread. It'll show you what's possible. IDK if you have, but do it. A lot can change in 1 year. Have your mind open to the possibility when you have nothing to lose.
Thanks for the threads, I loved them!

And thanks for taking the time and wanting to help me, I feel blessed that people like all you guys exist, don't change!

Saad Khan

Amazon Ads Guy
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
177%
Mar 14, 2021
Pakistan
You answered your own problem.

You have been action-faking. You have been mentally masturbating. You have been learning new things, felt good about it, and then didn't do anything.

Solution?

Take action with calculated risks and get feedback. No one said the Fastlane would be easy.

Since you're a warehouse worker, you don't have much leverage.

And for now, forget about CENTS. Start a side hustle.

Do something which doesn't make you dependent on your current job. Look around what you have. Start.

Feuertaufe

Contributor
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
100%
Oct 26, 2021
Germany
When I was 18 years old I didn't go to college, instead, I moved to another country to pursue my dreams, but I just action-faked, and now, I see myself being 25 years old and still working at a shit job at a warehouse without any other source of income.

I made many mistakes during my life and feel unempowered, sometimes I just want to die and disappear.

I always thought that you choose to become an entrepreneur and start a business, but isn't that way, you must find a problem and solve it, but what if you didn't find anything? I can't find any business that meets the CENTS and I'm depressed because my life is not changing.

For your life to change you have to change first. Dont be to passive. Take action the rest will follow.

Your are paid by the value you put into the hour. I think a good foundation of skills/education which are needed and you get a decent salary is a good starting point. After that you can still pursue your Business ideas with your saved money.

Stefan.was.here

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
26%
Jun 14, 2022
United Kingdom
You answered your own problem.

You have been action-faking. You have been mentally masturbating. You have been learning new things, felt good about it, and then didn't do anything.

Solution?

Take action with calculated risks and get feedback. No one said the Fastlane would be easy.

Since you're a warehouse worker, you don't have much leverage.

And for now, forget about CENTS. Start a side hustle.

Do something which doesn't make you dependent on your current job. Look around what you have. Start.

I was thinking about that, when you're starting from the ground without any savings, it's all about side hustles

Solid advice full of truth, thanks!

Stefan.was.here

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
26%
Jun 14, 2022
United Kingdom
For your life to change you have to change first. Dont be to passive. Take action the rest will follow.

Your are paid by the value you put into the hour. I think a good foundation of skills/education which are needed and you get a decent salary is a good starting point. After that you can still pursue your Business ideas with your saved money.
I was thinking about that, but that would just put me in the slow lane. It reminds me how MJ DeMarco left his corporate job in order to pursue his dreams. But honestly, having high-paying skills or some kind of knowledge increases your bottom line..

Johnny boy

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
629%
May 9, 2017
Washington State
If a winner woke up in your life tomorrow what would he start doing?

If you were given the limitless pill what does your gut say that the new you would start doing immediately?

If you were 100x more confident, positive, focused, etc. what would that new person do?

If a man you look up to woke up as you tomorrow, what would he do?

Anyone who isn’t lying to themselves knows exactly in their gut what a winner would do.

So just do that stuff.

As for picking what to do, do things you have an advantage in.

Who do you know who’s successful in an industry, go into it with them. You got a family with a business? Do you have a skill? Do you have access to special information or equipment? Do you live in an area that is better for a certain type of business? It’s all about a competitive advantage. Use it to narrow down your options and opportunities will be more obvious.

Don’t worry about it religiously being CENTS focused. Dude, I run a lawn care company. The bar can be so low lol.

130 MILLION households/“spending units” spent like 70k last year each.

Americans spent nearly 8 TRILLION dollars last year.

Businesses brought in that 8 trillion, paid for some materials, labor, etc. and pocketed the rest.

Everybody wants something.

I promise you that there’s many many business owners that need something.

“If I could get you ____, would you be willing to pay me ___% of ______ that I bring you?”

That question will make you rich.

Every single business owner I know including myself would know what they’d be willing to pay to get more of.

For example: we want franchisees. You don’t think I’d be willing to pay thousands for every person you brought me that partnered with us? You know how much I’d be willing to pay if you could figure out how to get our Facebook lead cost under $15 each? Many thousands. I’d buy you dom perignon and introduce you to everyone as my favorite human being of all time.

Right now you just need to focus on saying yes to more things and trying more stuff

heavy_industry

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
552%
Apr 17, 2022

If you were given the limitless pill what does your gut say that the new you would start doing immediately?

If you were 100x more confident, positive, focused, etc. what would that new person do?

Anyone who isn’t lying to themselves knows exactly in their gut what a winner would do.

So just do that stuff.

^ I think I will get a Fastlane INSIDERS's subscription just to bookmark this guy's posts.

Andy Black

Help people. Get paid. Help more people.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
369%
May 20, 2014
Ireland

Stefan.was.here

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
26%
Jun 14, 2022
United Kingdom

So just do that stuff.
This post is so valuable dude...

My biggest problem is clarity, I don't know what a winner would do in all aspects of my life... I know that he would go to work, lift weights, visit places, meet people, and start businesses. But there are some very personal aspects of my life that are killing me and letting me huge stress because I don't know what would be the best step to take

Who do you know who’s successful in an industry, go into it with them. You got a family with a business? Do you have a skill? Do you have access to special information or equipment? Do you live in an area that is better for a certain type of business? It’s all about a competitive advantage. Use it to narrow down your options and opportunities will be more obvious.
This makes a lot of sense. I think that my negativity and low self-esteem never let me realize my advantages. You get what you focus on, so if you focus on bad things you'll get only bad things, and that's my main problem I think...

Don’t worry about it religiously being CENTS focused. Dude, I run a lawn care company. The bar can be so low lol.
That's a fact. I tried a business that didn't meet the CENTS, a marketing agency for eCommerce, but it's such a red ocean at the moment... I had anxiety because I don't have the savings to start something with more entry barriers, but thanks to you and some guys from the forum I realized that it doesn't matter, the only important thing is to start and get the experience, doing nothing is worst

Businesses brought in that 8 trillion, paid for some materials, labor, etc. and pocketed the rest.

“If I could get you ____, would you be willing to pay me ___% of ______ that I bring you?”

Every single business owner I know including myself would know what they’d be willing to pay to get more of.
That makes a lot of sense, you gave me clarity with that

For example: we want franchisees. You don’t think I’d be willing to pay thousands for every person you brought me that partnered with us? You know how much I’d be willing to pay if you could figure out how to get our Facebook lead cost under $15 each? Many thousands. I’d buy you dom perignon and introduce you to everyone as my favorite human being of all time.

Right now you just need to focus on saying yes to more things and trying more stuff
And that's what I'm going to do!

Thank you very much for spending time trying to help me!

Stefan.was.here

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
26%
Jun 14, 2022
United Kingdom
WTF how could I miss this video? @MJ DeMarco is the goat! I was having a lot of trouble with clarity because I'm scared of being stuck in my job for the rest of my life... This video really helped me see the path.

Also, I must admit that in the past, my ego stopped me from getting that foundational job and scaling the ladder...

Antifragile

Progress not perfection
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
457%
Mar 15, 2018

Decades ago … when I was a boxer, my coach trained a few champions (yes, world class coach). His approach? He’d never pair me with anyone that would cause demoralizing defeat. His method was all about small wins. Every single day, do something that makes you just that little bit better than the day before.

Life is like that. We all need small wins. And then big wins just sort of happen. Small wins get you the confidence to know in your gut that you can.

Instead of wanting to do all the things you imagine you want … why not do just one thing, the ONE thing per day to give you a small win?

Imagine you are 90 years old, what would you like to be able to do at that time? What do you need to start doing now to get there?

As long as you do something every day that makes you a better version of yourself, that’s a win. Clarity will come in time. Trust me.

DavidePaco00

Bronze Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
116%
Jul 27, 2022

Well, as @MJ DeMarco said in a prevoius post, You don't have to start with a mindblowing, never seen idea that no one didn't though about.

Sometimes even doing thing like moving forniture or selling old t shirt is a good place to start.

Just start, think about meeting all the cents requirements later.

Remember, if You don't start, You can't fail, if you don't fail, you can't learn.

Start small, start making 1 dollar before thinking about milllions.

Also, stat meditating, You ca't be happy if You don't acept the present moment.

It's what you do know that determines how your future will be and ironically, if You don't learn how to be happy right know, You'll never be.

I would also recomend You read think and grow rich and start applying what's written inside. It's a very good book about mindset.

Be happy and grateful now, You never know when circumstances are gonna get worst.

Hope that helped,

Davide

mikecarlooch

Apprentice & Student Of The Game
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
344%
Jan 28, 2022
Florida

So just do that stuff.

Gold

bibbysoka

Bronze Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
165%
Jul 5, 2019

So just do that stuff.

Insanely gifted at writing.

So just do that stuff.

Man, you have a gifted ability to inspire and rewire my mindset with your writing. Thank you for this.

Andy Black

Help people. Get paid. Help more people.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
369%
May 20, 2014
Ireland

So just do that stuff.

Create a separate thread for this @Johnny boy. It's well written, has great feedback already, and it would help even more people as a thread they can find for years to come.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.