The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Is Tiktok the best social media app to promote your work?

Marketing, social media, advertising

Nehemiah

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
150%
Oct 1, 2022
From what I have seen because of tiktok's "for you" page being its main page getting more or less random videos I think it has the best marketing potential since its popularity surge... What do you guys think?!

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

mikecarlooch

Apprentice & Student Of The Game
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
345%
Jan 28, 2022
Florida
TikTok is great, but wouldn't say it's the BEST. If we're talking the best, I'm going to go with YouTube.

Why? because when someone is watching your shorts on YouTube, that person is also most likely primed for watching long videos on YouTube as well, which means the ability to build a genuine connection with your viewers from shorts increases drastically with longer videos on your page.

Nehemiah

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
150%
Oct 1, 2022
TikTok is great, but wouldn't say it's the BEST. If we're talking the best, I'm going to go with YouTube.

Why? because when someone is watching your shorts on YouTube, that person is also most likely primed for watching long videos on YouTube as well, which means the ability to build a genuine connection with your viewers from shorts increases drastically with longer videos on your page.
I like your thought but this generations attention span is all but destroyed even if you upload a long video your promotion would at most be 1 minutes or consider your content boring

DavidePaco00

Bronze Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
116%
Jul 27, 2022
I would say fro a business is the best place to start promoting your products, doesn't mean it's the best in genral tho.

Targeting is sill pretty generic and about one third of the data that tink tok gives you are messed up.

Tik Tok is ideal to promote low ticket, broad products. The advertising price is reasonably low. It would be naive thoto say that tik tok is the end all be all.

Diversification is key, once your budget is high enough is time to promote Your products and servves on various platforms. Every platform has its strenght and weaknesses.

Remember to follow the formula: act , assest, adjust.

Don't launch an idea only because you think it's great. Only the market dictates what works or not.

This is good actually, because You can see your business under performence parametres that are objective, without relying on Your psychological biases.

Hope that helped,

Davide

Edgar King

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
146%
May 29, 2021
Sure, it's a great marketing tool. You could even say it's spearheading the fleet of social media platforms into uncharted territory.

While there's youtube shorts and instagram reels which you could post on, most people would say TikTok is where "it's at" for the moment. This in turn, adds to its popularity and ever growing audience. And since some people see it as the "under dogs" against these bigger companies, it has an incentive to stay and become more competitive. Thus driving even more traffic unto the platform.

I know someone who's leveraged it for a few years to grow their business. And they haven't ever used paid ads.

If you're looking to increase organic traffic for your business, it's a good tool I'd say. Then, when you become more established in the business, diversify your marketing channels.

Xeon

All Cars Kneel Before Pagani.
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
191%
Sep 3, 2017
Singapore
I would say yes for now, until TT gets oversaturated one day. It gives the most amount of views out of any social platforms, and it does so fast unlike say, Youtube. The reach also lasts for longer than IG, it's normal for non-viral, normal everyday videos to still get views after 3 - 5 days. The number of views you get on TT is usually 5 - 10x that of what you get on IG.
IG has been feeling very quiet of late, and the accounts that are still doing (relatively) well, are those that were created before 2020. In fact, I checked many of them via the "About this account" link in their profile (the 3 dots menu) and the best ones were all created in 2012 - 2015.

Ivan Koretskyy

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
298%
Oct 2, 2021
Oregon, US
The amount of attention I see that occurs in Tik Tok baffles me, but hey the people dictate the market so just follow the noise. I'm now just posting tik toks videos but I'm curious if anybody knows the best methods to generate an audience specifically for tik tok.

Here are the methods I know:

- Say exactly what you are doing right away and make sure it's captivating or include high-stakes scenarios, you must hook them within 3 seconds, or else you lost them.
- SUBTITLES, SUBTITLES, AND SUBTITLES. Best way to retain them.
- Make the loop super smooth so people are more likely to watch it the second time which boosts algorithm.

Add to the list if you guys know any other methods.

Edgar King

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
146%
May 29, 2021
The amount of attention I see that occurs in Tik Tok baffles me, but hey the people dictate the market so just follow the noise. I'm now just posting tik toks videos but I'm curious if anybody knows the best methods to generate an audience specifically for tik tok.
One method I've heard is to start with the problem and end with the solution as the content.

The problem or what they want can be the hook of the video. And you then slowly transition to the solution (e.g. information on how to get what they want).

K1 Lambo

Silver Contributor
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
138%
Oct 11, 2021
Oslo
From what I have seen because of tiktok's "for you" page being its main page getting more or less random videos I think it has the best marketing potential since its popularity surge... What do you guys think?!
TikTok is incredible for targetingvery young individuals (10-25), and when it comes to selling on TikTok, then look at what Andrew Tate did, who conquered TikTok in less than 6 months by selling Hustlers University for $49 a month and running affiliate accounts promoting his stuff.

Just like what DavidePaco00 said, TikTok can be very good for selling cheap products(less than $500-$1000), but your content needs to be insanely attention graby because on TikTok you get less than 0.3-0.4 seconds to grab someone's attention otherwise you're gone.

Instagram and YouTube are probably the best ones if you want to sell cheap and expensive products simply because viewers can have that intimate connection with the viewer(either through YouTube vlogs or Instagram stories/lives), and their target market is a little older too so most likely they have a higher purchasing power. Instagram's target audience tends to be around 16-40, and has 5-7 years before it's going to reach a flatline like Facebook where the reach is almost nonexistent if you're trying to grow from scratch.

namari

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
78%
Oct 4, 2022
TikTok is made for entertainment purposes. It won't really support any kind of business unless your a content creator.
For example people won't find it entertaining if you just post about the couches you sell.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.