The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

How to start a €50K/m successful lead gen agency

Idea threads

Should I make my lead gen agency software and course public?

• Total voters

Lucas.

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
17%
Apr 20, 2022
Hey fellow fastlaners,

I've read the book from MJ and decided to join the forum some time ago. I've been reading along for a while now and I see lots of people struggle with finding the right business to work on in order to get to that 'fastlane'. If this is you, I might have a solution for you.

About me
About a year ago I launched a lead gen agency and currently we're doing about 600K EUR ARR (with a profit margin of about 80%) each year. I'm pretty sure we will reach 1M ARR by mid 2023.

We're only focussed on getting leads for our niche which is accounting firms and our only channel is cold email. We've built our in-house software to scrape lead info and reach out to them in a very personalized way using AI.

The solution
So far I've coached a few friends on how to start a lead gen agency and gave them access to our software which worked out quite well. They're now doing 5k to 15K EUR (which pretty much equals profit). In my opinion every B2B business can benefit from additional leads (it's really easy to sell 'more money') which makes the market huge.

I see a big opportunity in making our software available for the public along with a course on how to start a lead gen agency and sell this for a monthly subscription. I'm going to be honest with you, the market is big enough and I think this would make me a lot of money if I find the right channel to market this to.

So basically my question: do you think it would be wise to make the software public for a monthly fee along with a course? I'm thinking of a fee of 49 EUR per month to 99 EUR per month.

Looking forward to your replies ❤️

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.
Last edited:

Kirk84

Bronze Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
226%
Jun 9, 2020
Munich, Germany
I’m going to be honest. This smells super fishy!

The reach-out strategy sounds spammy and I would assume the mails are going straight to the spam folder after a while.

Nevertheless, I would be interested in looking behind the curtains.

Lucas.

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
17%
Apr 20, 2022
I’m going to be honest. This smells super fishy!

The reach-out strategy sounds spammy and I would assume the mails are going straight to the spam folder after a while.

Nevertheless, I would be interested in looking behind the curtains.
Do you mean cold emailing sounds fishy?

Cold emailing has been around since the birth of email itself. The personalisation and automation has only gotten better the last years. And we track how many emails end up in spam. It’s less than 1% :)

Stargazer

Gold Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
184%
Mar 8, 2018
England
You would be far better off increasing your agency.

You obviously know all of your figures on aquisition and revenue per Accounting practice so it's a case of turning on the tap until you hit the next plateau.

Then if I was you I would offer your service via the accountants to their best customers. Thye already know which of their clients are ready to move up a level or have marketing spend that is going nowhere.

Dan

Kirk84

Bronze Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
226%
Jun 9, 2020
Munich, Germany
No, I think your thread smells fishy!

If your business is successful and the market is huge, as you stated, why don't you just scale yourself and reap the benefits of your business system?

On the other hand, if for whatever reason you're unable to scale and you own a B2B lead-gen software, why don't you use your software to generate leads for your business system?

I'm not trying to bash you or anything, but my honest impression is: You're trying to sell a course that teaches a business system that's mediocre at best.

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
149%
Oct 20, 2012
Why would you sell something that is going to make you £ 1 mil/month.... so you can earn an extra £50/month from a bunch of people and create competition for yourself?

Make it make sense, bro.

Just shut up and keep working your software and running your agency.

When you get tired, sell the agency, then build a new agency in a different niche, grow that to £1 mil/month and then sell that one as well.

But don't sell this shit away for £50 .... IF your story is true.

DavidePaco00

Bronze Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
116%
Jul 27, 2022
Hey fellow fastlaners,

I've read the book from MJ and decided to join the forum some time ago. I've been reading along for a while now and I see lots of people struggle with finding the right business to work on in order to get to that 'fastlane'. If this is you, I might have a solution for you.

About me
About a year ago I launched a lead gen agency and currently we're doing about 600K EUR ARR (with a profit margin of about 80%) each year. I'm pretty sure we will reach 1M ARR by mid 2023.

We're only focussed on getting leads for our niche which is accounting firms and our only channel is cold email. We've built our in-house software to scrape lead info and reach out to them in a very personalized way using AI.

The solution
So far I've coached a few friends on how to start a lead gen agency and gave them access to our software which worked out quite well. They're now doing 5k to 15K EUR (which pretty much equals profit). In my opinion every B2B business can benefit from additional leads (it's really easy to sell 'more money') which makes the market huge.

I see a big opportunity in making our software available for the public along with a course on how to start a lead gen agency and sell this for a monthly subscription. I'm going to be honest with you, the market is big enough and I think this would make me a lot of money if I find the right channel to market this to.

So basically my question: do you think it would be wise to make the software public for a monthly fee along with a course? I'm thinking of a fee of 49 EUR per month to 99 EUR per month.

Yes and No...

What I mean by that is that FIRST, You need to build a brand that's valuable and trustworthy.

THEN, after You've built an engaging audience, You can propose the membership.

How do You make Yourself valuable and trustworthy then ?

Just share content for free.

You need to build Your authority before people start buying things from You , otherwise people are just going to think You're a guru like everyone else...

Hope that helps,

Davide

MJ DeMarco

I followed the science; all I found was money.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
445%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah
Yea, your thread smells like a sneaky way to advertise, without paying for an advertisement.

Basically we can sum it up like this:

I found a gold mine and it makes us millions per year.
Should we stop mining gold and instead sell a course on how to mine gold for thousands per year?

Andy Black

Help people. Get paid. Help more people.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
370%
May 20, 2014
Ireland
Hey fellow fastlaners,

About me

The solution

I've dabbled with selling courses.

I like the advice from Ready, Fire, Aim to (paraphrased) focus on one avatar, one channel, one product while under $1m ARR.

Selling courses and software is a very different avatar and product than selling leads. Many do both of course.

Lucas.

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
17%
Apr 20, 2022
Yea, your thread smells like a sneaky way to advertise, without paying for an advertisement.

Basically we can sum it up like this:

I found a gold mine and it makes us millions per year.
Should we stop mining gold and instead sell a course on how to mine gold for thousands per year?
No, I think your thread smells fishy!

If your business is successful and the market is huge, as you stated, why don't you just scale yourself and reap the benefits of your business system?

On the other hand, if for whatever reason you're unable to scale and you own a B2B lead-gen software, why don't you use your software to generate leads for your business system?

I'm not trying to bash you or anything, but my honest impression is: You're trying to sell a course that teaches a business system that's mediocre at best.
Why would you sell something that is going to make you £ 1 mil/month.... so you can earn an extra £50/month from a bunch of people and create competition for yourself?

Make it make sense, bro.

Just shut up and keep working your software and running your agency.

When you get tired, sell the agency, then build a new agency in a different niche, grow that to £1 mil/month and then sell that one as well.

But don't sell this shit away for £50 .... IF your story is true.
I get your points and it does indeed sound a bit fishy.

Here's how I look at it. I've read the book $100M offers from Alex Hormozi and that's where I got the idea from to instead of doing it myself (ie building out the agency into multiple niches) I license out the strategy and assets.

Alex made a shit ton of money doing just this. In his case it was growing his own gyms or teaching others how to grow their gyms.
By making the software and content available for something like $99 per month I give an opportunity to a large pool of people to start and grow a lead gen agency. I'd like to track all the people that use the software and content and see who can really execute and offer them my time and money so I can invest in their company and grow it with them.

So instead of growing out my own agency to say $1M per year, I now own a stake in many lead gen agencies, all focussed on their own niche, with their own respective A-players (founders).

Hope it makes more sense now.

Lucas.

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
17%
Apr 20, 2022
So, now we went from offering a course and the accompanying software to licensing and partly ownership…

I’m out, all the best to you!
All I do is ask for advice lol cya

Andy Black

Help people. Get paid. Help more people.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
370%
May 20, 2014
Ireland
It was in one of his videos that Alex Harmozi brought up the one avatar, one channel, one product advice. He mentioned it was from Ready, Fire, Aim. He seems a smart guy.

Vinnland

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
215%
Feb 5, 2022
Texas
If your goal is to build an offer like hormozi, there are 3 things that are important:

1. $100m offers focuses on high ticket solutions that are coaching.
2. The equivalent of what Alex did for you would be to build a full business growth solution for accountants.
3. If you have to ask in a forum after reading that book, you missed the point of the book. All the answers are in the market.

Finally, and most importantly, Alex owned multiple successful gyms before selling his $16,000 solution. He built a model for gyms while doing it, then sold it.

If you are doing lead gen only, not sales, not lead nurture, not hiring (a firms biggest issue), not offer creation, not ads... then you need to address the offer. Because you will need to sell a result.

A lead is not a result.

(I am an ex-accountant)

P.S - why are you speaking about 49 Euros per month after reading 100m offers? That is a lot of customers bro.

Oso

Gold Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
289%
Jan 18, 2022
I get your points and it does indeed sound a bit fishy.

Here's how I look at it. I've read the book $100M offers from Alex Hormozi and that's where I got the idea from to instead of doing it myself (ie building out the agency into multiple niches) I license out the strategy and assets.

Alex made a shit ton of money doing just this. In his case it was growing his own gyms or teaching others how to grow their gyms.
By making the software and content available for something like $99 per month I give an opportunity to a large pool of people to start and grow a lead gen agency. I'd like to track all the people that use the software and content and see who can really execute and offer them my time and money so I can invest in their company and grow it with them.

So instead of growing out my own agency to say $1M per year, I now own a stake in many lead gen agencies, all focussed on their own niche, with their own respective A-players (founders).

Hope it makes more sense now.
This is probably where the disconnect is. While I only recently started paying attention to Alex Hormozi, if I remember correctly, he put his own system under fire via utilizing it in his own gym before he started selling it as a product. He had the evidence (e.g. data) to back up asking $40k+ per participant (or whatever he charges), whereas you're simply claiming you've found a pot of gold, and now you're attempting to sell it.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.