The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success
  • SPONSORED: GiganticWebsites.com: We Build Sites with THOUSANDS of Unique and Genuinely Useful Articles

30% to 50% Fastlane-exclusive discounts on WordPress-powered websites with everything included: WordPress setup, design, keyword research, article creation and article publishing. Click HERE to claim.

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Who wants to start their entrepreneurship journey? An accountability thread

Anything considered a "hustle" and not necessarily a CENTS-based Fastlane

ArmanK

Contributor
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Apr 30, 2022
I hope this serves as an accountability thread for everyone who wants to dive in to the adventure called entrepreneurship.

After reading @NeoDialectic 's post Idea Generation to execution, im feeling fired up as we start a new month (6/1/22).

My plan is to wake up 1 hour earlier than normal each morning before going to my 9-5 and dedicating it to idea generation.

I already have a few ideas percolating but I know this is just the start.

Who wants to do this with me? I know I will need accountability buddies to keep me on track. And i would be happy to do the same for you.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Mikkel

Gold Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
188%
Feb 25, 2016
New Hampshire
A suggestion, use this forum as your accountability. Start a progress thread to show your thought process. Along the way, if you stick with it long enough, you might grow a following of people who are interested in what you are doing. People can give you tips and ideas that you might find beneficial.

This is what I did when I first started. I had some great insight from the community that has helped shape my thinking along the way.

Best of luck!

• Banned

ArmanK

Contributor
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Apr 30, 2022
I hope this serves as an accountability thread for everyone who wants to dive in to the adventure called entrepreneurship.

After reading @NeoDialectic 's post Idea Generation to execution, im feeling fired up as we start a new month (6/1/22).

My plan is to wake up 1 hour earlier than normal each morning before going to my 9-5 and dedicating it to idea generation.

I already have a few ideas percolating but I know this is just the start.

Who wants to do this with me? I know I will need accountability buddies to keep me on track. And i would be happy to do the same for you.
Update from day 1

- original idea was for a better cold sore treatment
- typical cold sore lasts 1-4 weeks without treatment
- roughly 67% of people have HSV1 which causes cold sores (but not everyone in this group gets them)
- quite a large TAM if you ask me
- there are a variety of solutions out there: red light therapy, prescription pills, creams, vitamins, natural remedies like manuka honey
- and i have tried almost all of these with little success so i know how frustrating and embarassing it can be to have a cold sore on your lip for the whole world to see
- then things got more interesting...
- i discovered that new born babies can be extremely suseptible to cold sores and if they get them it can be life threatening
- so my target audience got more focused and i realized there is no current product out there targeting them directly
- new idea became: a cold sore treatment for new moms
- they obviously will want their cold sore to heal ASAP so they dont have to worry about spreading it to their infant from close contact, kissing, hugging, etc.

potential roadblocks:
- i cant seem to find any private label companies that make these products but i may just need to search harder
- there could be tough fda regulations around a health product like this
- not sure if i could make a homemade solution

there may not be any potential with this first idea but thats ok! thanks again @NeoDialectic

this is getting my brain churning in a whole new way and im excited to see what i come up with tomorrow

curious to hear feedback from anyone who may read this?

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.