• We have cable but no premium channels.
• We try to rent movies from the library but they don't always have up to date movies so we go to the redbox.
• We pay as we go on our cell phones and use it only when needed. No texting or anything other than a phone.
• We brown bag lunch and have been for about 11 years. We do eat lunch out on occasion but most of the time we don't.
• We bake muffins for breakfast instead of buying them at a bakery.
• We never get coffee from Starbucks, We always brew coffee at home in the mornings and it taste great!
• We only give our son 2 meals a day, which he is getting use to ( just kidding ).
• When we go on vacation we usually rent a timeshare from somebody on eBay. Last year we stayed in a 2 bedroom Marriott in Orlando for 750.00 for the wk. It was great!
It’s not that we are thrifty; my wife has been home with our son who has special needs for the past 6 yrs so we are living on 1 paycheck in NY and making under 60K. That in itself is a nice trick to pull off