I don't agree with all of his thoughts, but here is John Maudlin's newsletter.... (perfect timing, was in mailbox at same time as FLTM's email.) I really enjoy reading his newsletters and his contributions are very acute using data points and real life experiences.
2010 Investment Strategies: Six Areas To Buy, 11 Areas To Sell - John Mauldin's Outside the Box - InvestorsInsight.com | Financial Intelligence, Advice & Research / Investment Strategies & Planning for Individual Investors.
he says buy:
1. Treasuries -I disagree with him here, but he makes a very compelling argument using historical data
2. income producing securities - highly, emphatically agree here
3. consumer staples/food- agree
4. small luxury items - no comment, I don't know enough
5. the US dollar - I agree. as soon as recovery is on horizon, the US$ will be the first to race out of the gates
6. Eurodollar futures - no comment, I don't know enough
interesting what he says to sell or avoid, I agree with just about all of it except for commercial real estate.... but that's a different thread.