I read the books few months ago, and will make my business more fastlane
My associate and I are consultants and instructors in an off-line business.
We plan to create a site where our clients will be able to receive a sofware training online, like on lynda.com, but in our domaine.
We think we will use Joomla + Moodle for the site.
However, can anyone (who has made that type of site before) give us an advice on the following points :
Payment method / billing :
Knowing that our site will be for the French and Spanish market, which is the best payment service solution ? Paypal ?
We will give our client a support on pdf, videos and datas for the exercices, like the ones we use in our off-line formation.
The thing is that (as all of us) we don't want to see our material for free on the torrent network a month after the release.
- Which video service give the most security against piracy ? (We don't want to give our clients the right to download our videos, or put a DRM on it if we change our minds)
- Which software give the best protection (no modifications possible) on a pdf file ?
Licence rights :
We will propose tutorial on open source and proprietary softwares (we paid all the licences + yearly fees).
- Can we propose tutorial with screencasts of us using a proprietary software ? or do we have to ask a permission or to be accountable to the software owner ? (ie. Adobe for Illustrator)
thanks in advance,
P.S. - Sorry for my poor English
1. Great idea. I love the concept.
2. I'd love to hear what you found out about payment methods for the french/spanish markets.
3. Same with the piracy issue. I've seen hackers having copies of videos and PDFs of many training sites very quickly, so it would be great to hear what alternatives you have found.
4. I am not sure, but I would be surprise you have issues with licensing if you are showing screencasts for software. If I were the software owner, I'd love to see more and more training material available so more users get to use my software. No?
Thanks again for sharing your idea and your findings.
And welcome to the fastlane!
Comparatif des solutions de paiement en ligne - le tableau comparatif ). You put the estimation of products you will sale per month and the price of it (without taxes). We concluded that paypal fit well our needs.
We will not use PDFs, only videos, because you can unprotect it with a lot of softwares.
The only way to steal a video is to record it with softwares like camtesia.
The thing is that we really want to be sure about the law, because if we invest time and money, we want to be sure to be the only boss that can decide to stop our business. So we are still looking for answers
I'm a tad confused. Is this about PayPal training more so than actually training video software? If it's actual training video software along the lines of e-learning and what not, I know there are companies like SkillSoft out there that could handle something like that.
Now see what you did there Arrowhead? See how slick you were about signing up and responding in your first post with these sneaky hidden links? Ooo you are crafty. Yep crafty and sneaky you are.
Probably doesn't need to happen again anytime soon or we just might think of you as a spammer. Wouldn't want that to happen.
Book links provided by Amazon.com affiliate program. Sponsored ads/links are not endorsements or recommendations from MJ DeMarco and/or Viperion Corporation.
There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)