The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success
  • SPONSORED: GiganticWebsites.com: We Build Sites with THOUSANDS of Unique and Genuinely Useful Articles

30% to 50% Fastlane-exclusive discounts on WordPress-powered websites with everything included: WordPress setup, design, keyword research, article creation and article publishing. Click HERE to claim.

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

You Have To Persuade Yourself That You Absolutely Don't Care What Happens

SweetTooth

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
183%
Nov 20, 2014
“Now you must leave the safety of the ant colony and the hive. You are to become a loner, an outcast, cut off from the very thing that defines what many of us believe we are. What is the first question usually asked by strangers of each other? Right, it’s “What do you do?” In some cultures, the way of answering may be different; but it nearly always relates to work in the West: “I’m a teacher; I’m in banking; I’m a dairy farmer; I’m an HR administrator; I’m a sound engineer.” Our job defines us. But it cannot define you. Not anymore. You are a wild pig rooting for truffles. You are a weasel about to rip the throat out of a rabbit. You are an entrepreneur. You are going to be rich, and you don't much are, within the law, how you are going to do it." - Felix Dennis
I've been thinking about posting an intro here for awhile, and even though I joined here over a year ago, it wasn't until recently that I have consistently browsed and posted on these forums. The reason I'm making an intro now is because I think its a good way for the members here to hold me accountable and serve in motivating others at the same time. I'm also in an extremely tight spot, lots of debt, and a lot of goals.

3 months ago at the beginning of November, I quit my job to start a business. I was working at a Ford dealership selling cars when I realized that this normal life wasn't worth it. At 20 years old, I had a full-time job selling cars, $500 monthly rent, $700 car payment with insurance (because I just HAD to be driving a 2016 Mustang), and other bills.

Long story short, I quit the job, and found a very good product that solved peoples needs, I started Azul Tea -azultea.com, which has made close to $1000 in revenue in 3 months, not a lot to the baller's here, but it is huge to me. My first business that I started a year ago selling t-shirts online made only 1 sale by a member of this forum when I was asking for advice in a thread.

Other than that I was a month from repossession of my Mustang when I decided to sell it to the dealership that I bought it from, the one I worked at. Pretty embarrassing but not that big of a deal. I maxed out my credit cards to cover the difference in what it was worth and what the dealership would buy it for. Definitely a better option than having it evicted and having to pay the difference in what it was sold for at auction. I was 2 weeks from eviction of my apartment when I found someone on craigslist that was looking for a place and was able to sign over my lease, releasing me from the agreement.

Now I'm 20 years old, but have almost nothing left. The cars gone, I've lost the freedom of living by myself. I'm living with my Mom again which really sucks the most and have been washing cars door to door for $20 each to make money. I've put everything I owned on craigslist and if it hasn't been sold yet, its on craigslist waiting for a buyer. I can't advertise my business on Adwords or Facebook (which was my #1 income stream) anymore because I can't pay the last months bills for it. I've tried to get some contracts on upwork but no results from that. The only contract I've ever gotten was when I offered to do a 5,000 word ebook for literally just 1 penny so I could get a good review and have others hire me. I've called up local businesses to make websites for them or improve their current websites with design or copy, but no luck with that.

It all sucks a lot but its what I'm willing to do to make my vision happen and I know that I'll get out of this rut somehow and without getting a job. If anyone here has any advice, I think it would be awesome, especially for my upwork profile, because that's the way I would like to make enough money to move out. I'm a salesman so that puts me ahead of a lot of other people that would be in my spot.

I will be successful at this, it's just taking a little longer than I expected. If you have any advice for me I'd be happy to hear it.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.
D

Deleted35442

“Now you must leave the safety of the ant colony and the hive. You are to become a loner, an outcast, cut off from the very thing that defines what many of us believe we are. What is the first question usually asked by strangers of each other? Right, it’s “What do you do?” In some cultures, the way of answering may be different; but it nearly always relates to work in the West: “I’m a teacher; I’m in banking; I’m a dairy farmer; I’m an HR administrator; I’m a sound engineer.” Our job defines us. But it cannot define you. Not anymore. You are a wild pig rooting for truffles. You are a weasel about to rip the throat out of a rabbit. You are an entrepreneur. You are going to be rich, and you don't much are, within the law, how you are going to do it." - Felix Dennis
I've been thinking about posting an intro here for awhile, and even though I joined here over a year ago, it wasn't until recently that I have consistently browsed and posted on these forums. The reason I'm making an intro now is because I think its a good way for the members here to hold me accountable and serve in motivating others at the same time. I'm also in an extremely tight spot, lots of debt, and a lot of goals.

3 months ago at the beginning of November, I quit my job to start a business. I was working at a Ford dealership selling cars when I realized that this normal life wasn't worth it. At 20 years old, I had a full-time job selling cars, $500 monthly rent, $700 car payment with insurance (because I just HAD to be driving a 2016 Mustang), and other bills.

Long story short, I quit the job, and found a very good product that solved peoples needs, I started Azul Tea -azultea.com, which has made close to $1000 in revenue in 3 months, not a lot to the baller's here, but it is huge to me. My first business that I started a year ago selling t-shirts online made only 1 sale by a member of this forum when I was asking for advice in a thread.

Other than that I was a month from repossession of my Mustang when I decided to sell it to the dealership that I bought it from, the one I worked at. Pretty embarrassing but not that big of a deal. I maxed out my credit cards to cover the difference in what it was worth and what the dealership would buy it for. Definitely a better option than having it evicted and having to pay the difference in what it was sold for at auction. I was 2 weeks from eviction of my apartment when I found someone on craigslist that was looking for a place and was able to sign over my lease, releasing me from the agreement.

Now I'm 20 years old, but have almost nothing left. The cars gone, I've lost the freedom of living by myself. I'm living with my Mom again which really sucks the most and have been washing cars door to door for $20 each to make money. I've put everything I owned on craigslist and if it hasn't been sold yet, its on craigslist waiting for a buyer. I can't advertise my business on Adwords or Facebook (which was my #1 income stream) anymore because I can't pay the last months bills for it. I've tried to get some contracts on upwork but no results from that. The only contract I've ever gotten was when I offered to do a 5,000 word ebook for literally just 1 penny so I could get a good review and have others hire me. I've called up local businesses to make websites for them or improve their current websites with design or copy, but no luck with that.

It all sucks a lot but its what I'm willing to do to make my vision happen and I know that I'll get out of this rut somehow and without getting a job. If anyone here has any advice, I think it would be awesome, especially for my upwork profile, because that's the way I would like to make enough money to move out. I'm a salesman so that puts me ahead of a lot of other people that would be in my spot.

I will be successful at this, it's just taking a little longer than I expected. If you have any advice for me I'd be happy to hear it.
First off. That quote by Felix Dennis is fking prime. Thanks for posting it. It's quite true. My advice? Focus on more than one channel of income. I think I saw you posting Azul Tea in the past. I thought it was alright, a little too minimal in terms of info, etc. As of right now for ex, I'll have two businesses by the end of the month and my OCD nature and need to validate all my ideas are pushing me to try on another two.

If you like, you can join a group that we started here that was abruptly taken down for no good reason other than "we had guys try a challenge like this before and it died". We're on Skype and the thread was known as the 2016 Million Dollar Challenge.

SweetTooth

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
183%
Nov 20, 2014
First off. That quote by Felix Dennis is fking prime. Thanks for posting it. It's quite true. My advice? Focus on more than one channel of income. I think I saw you posting Azul Tea in the past. I thought it was alright, a little too minimal in terms of info, etc. As of right now for ex, I'll have two businesses by the end of the month and my OCD nature and need to validate all my ideas are pushing me to try on another two.

If you like, you can join a group that we started here that was abruptly taken down for no good reason other than "we had guys try a challenge like this before and it died". We're on Skype and the thread was known as the 2016 Million Dollar Challenge.
I think I remember seeing that thread. I'll send you a PM.

SweetTooth

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
183%
Nov 20, 2014
I think I'll be making a progress thread and follow up with that instead of a new member into thread.

A little after posting this thread I've finally gotten to the front page of google for my niche. Its taken 2-3 months but I expect sales to (obviously) noticeably jump, the benefit is that I don't have to worry about paying for adwords as much now.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Jata

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
69%
Jun 21, 2015

I think I remember seeing that thread. How does it work? Is it a weekly catchup?

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.

More Intros...