The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Why You Need To Leave Your Job NOW

jockinbox

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
448%
Jul 8, 2014
Miami, FL
Warning: explicit language

Ah, the commandment of Control

Most jobs pay you on a bi weekly basis, that means that you'll work at least 1-3 weeks before you get paid. This means your F*cking livelihood is in mid-air. Your money is on their court, not yours.

The food on your table
The roof on your head
The gas in your car

Is DEPENDENT on your job.

A friend of mine worked for State Farm, he put in his 2 weeks when he got a better offer. His boss wasn't so happy, she held his money and didn't pay him for his commission and 40 hours of work. He has a 3 year old daughter that just started school, his wife works a dead end job and he has little money saved. To take it further State Farm employees have to get paid on a State Farm bank account. His boss could've frozen his bank account to her whim. Not to mention there's a $15 wire transfer fee if he wanted to move his money out ($15 might not seem like much but that's over an hour of work for him to make that after taxes)

Another problem with this is that The government (taxes, Medicare, ss) takes a portion of your money before you even get paid. If you run a business you pay the government last. Doesn't seen like much? Just imagine that this is a banks biggest source of income (investing your money while deposited) This seemingly small detail is a HUGE advantage to businesses.

Some statistics of families in America
  • 24% have enough savings to cover six months of expenses
  • 50% have less than a three-month cushion
  • 27% have no savings at all
Don't be dependent on anyone. Self sufficient is the best virtue you can have.

MJ says that there's nothing wrong with getting a job to build yourself back up. Let me take that one step further. If you're gonna get a JOB make sure you get paid CASH DAILY think server, bartender, manual labor, construction worker.

Eat what you kill, and don't leave your money on someone else's court

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

MoneyDoc

Platinum Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
273%
Jun 24, 2014
Excellent post.

Don't be a mindless drone making your controller money.

Bouncing Soul

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
159%
May 13, 2014
MJ says that there's nothing wrong with getting a job to build yourself back up. Let me take that one step further. If you're gonna get a JOB make sure you get paid CASH DAILY think server, bartender, manual labor, construction worker.

If you need to get paid daily, business is not for you.

Nothing has less predictable cashflow than a young business.

jockinbox

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
448%
Jul 8, 2014
Miami, FL

You clearly didn't read the post.
Let me break it down a little further since you completely missed the point.

MJ says that there's nothing wrong with getting a job to build yourself back up

There is no shame in getting a job while your fastlane idea gets off the ground

Let me take that one step further. If you're gonna get a JOB make sure you get paid CASH DAILY think server, bartender, manual labor, construction worker.

This says job, not business. I also capitalized job. Reasons for this:
1-you always have cash on your side, no need to wait 2 weeks to get paid for your work
2-if your fastlane takes off and you need to quit, there's no risk of your employer keeping your paycheck
3-you can fund your fast lane much more frequently since you don't have to wait 2 weeks for your paycheck. For example let's say your ad budget runs out, you would have to wait 14 days vs waiting till the next day you worked and took cash home

Yes you shouldn't be in business for greed
Yes a young business income is extremely unpredictable
I agree on these points

However. The OP is related to jobs not biz. Hence the title. Please read my post before commenting

Thanks

Bouncing Soul

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
159%
May 13, 2014
However. The OP is related to jobs not biz. Hence the title. Please read my post before commenting

Thanks

Do not presume ignorance on my part because I disagree.

"...Ah, the commandment of Control

Most jobs pay you on a bi weekly basis, that means that you'll work at least 1-3 weeks before you get paid. This means your F*cking livelihood is in mid-air. Your money is on their court, not yours.

The food on your table
The roof on your head
The gas in your car

Is DEPENDENT on your job...

...MJ says that there's nothing wrong with getting a job to build yourself back up. Let me take that one step further. If you're gonna get a JOB make sure you get paid CASH DAILY think server, bartender, manual labor, construction worker."

If you need a job to "build yourself back up", you are probably not sitting on F*ck you money. So we are talking about using cashflow from either a job, or a business for food/roof/gas. (I'll assume we don't include welfare) If you do have FU money and you want a job, money isn't the issue anyway, so again, who cares how often the controller cuts checks, or you put cash in your pocket.

I've relied on jobs and businesses to pay my rent and buy my food. I know which was more difficult to predict cashflow for. You have to be able to manage cash such that getting paid daily/weekly/monthly is not an issue no matter where your money comes from.

We could list many jobs that would be helpful in the development of an entrepreneur that don't pay you cash daily. Sales is the most commonly recommended one, and sales might not pay you for weeks.

Last edited by a moderator:

jockinbox

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
448%
Jul 8, 2014
Miami, FL
This is completely irrelevant to my post

Do not presume ignorance on my part because I disagree.
I presume your ignorance because you continue to post on my thread without having any clear direction of your argument

If you need a job to "build yourself back up", you are probably not sitting on F*ck you money. So we are talking about using cashflow from either a job, or a business for food/roof/gas. (I'll assume we don't include welfare) If you do have FU money and you want a job, money isn't the issue anyway
True, but irrelevant

who cares how often the controller cuts checks, or you put cash in your pocket.
I'm sure the THOUSANDS of people who get F*cked over when quitting would care, like my friend (which is interesting how you left that out hmm)
I've seen a ton of large business try and scam their employees out of money whenever they can. Here are more examples off the top of my head
1. A small local cell phone store stopped paying commission because "the owner felt like it" I knew a girl who was 8 months pregnant working there
2. T-Mobile I used to work for them as a training manager, the store managers would get a "cut" if they fired someone & didnt pay them commission/hourly
3. Tommy Hilfiger scammed my friend out of his hours when he quit

is this legal? Hell no
But you're gonna hire a lawyer on a near minimum wage salary to fight against a huge company like T-Mobile?? Yeah right bro, good luck that

This is what my post is about- the commandment of control
"If you don't design your own life plan, chances are you'll fall into someone else's plan. And guess what they have planned for you? Not much."
-Jim Rohn

I've relied on jobs and businesses to pay my rent and buy my food. I know which was more difficult to predict cashflow for. You have to be able to manage cash such that getting paid daily/weekly/monthly is not an issue no matter where your money comes from.
This is true but irrelevant to the OP

We could list many jobs that would be helpful in the development of an entrepreneur that don't pay you cash daily.
We could, a college education would also be helpful in the development of an entrepreneur. Necessary? Nope
If I want to open a law firm I dont need to go to school for 8 years & pass the bar. I can just hire them & save myself the trouble.

Sales is the most commonly recommended one, and sales might not pay you for weeks.
Eh,
Door to door sales pays daily & is the best sales experience you can get. I've been in sales for 4-5 years & have sold everything from insurance to phones to furniture to printers to computers to TV's & more. But nothing is better than door to door, if you can sell d2d you're a champ.

---------------------------------------------------
So I'm gonna assume your argument is that it doesnt matter if you get paid bi-weekly or daily.
In my previous post I go over 5 different benefits of a daily cash jobs vs a regular job
  • tax advantages
  • cash compounds daily which is crucial in the beginning of a business
  • no risk of your employer keeping your money when you quit
  • Easier to quit
  • If you hit rock bottom, you're not gonna get a regular job & starve for 2-3 weeks before you get paid.

Thanks for reading

chrischapman

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
129%
Aug 3, 2014
Sydney, Australia
I disagree somewhat. Leaving a job to start a business is fraught with unpredictability and potential for failure.

Yes, jobs hinder you from giving your all, but they are not the worst thing in the world. View them in a balanced way.

That is not a reason to NEVER leave a job, just a reason to be balanced and plan an exit.

Don't leave your job right now if you have responsibilities like a family to care for and you don't have savings. Save first. But, definitely 100% plan an exit at some point in the near future. It will give you clarity and purpose.

Within that time, start building your business outside work hours.

Be calculated and careful where you can be, and fast and decisive where you should be.

RBefort

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
53%
Sep 14, 2012
I agree...if I ever need to build back up, I hope to God I dont go cubicle route again. I want to do exactly what you mentioned...get paid in cash. Just easier to work with. Thats what I enjoyed about poker. I am fine with the unknown, but I hate waiting for a check to go into my account. Wayyyy different than waiting to get profits from your business. You are in control of how fast you grow.

Be water my friend
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
228%
May 17, 2014
O..'.....
Great post, good to be reminded every now and then to keep working on my project.
Personally I could care less sitting in a cardboard box on a rainy day in an alley of a rundown town grinding on my project.

But what pushed me further to take control is:

The food on my family's table
The roof over their heads
The gas in our cars
And the bills. :D

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content