The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success
  • SPONSORED: GiganticWebsites.com: We Build Sites with THOUSANDS of Unique and Genuinely Useful Articles

30% to 50% Fastlane-exclusive discounts on WordPress-powered websites with everything included: WordPress setup, design, keyword research, article creation and article publishing. Click HERE to claim.

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Why This Tech Bubble is Worse Than the Tech Bubble of 2000

Anything related to investing, including crypto

theag

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
297%
Jan 19, 2012

Vansita

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
30%
Feb 21, 2015
People have been trying to jam apps down my throat for years.. They just give me calculations and when I ask more about it, they say.. oh its not built yet, or, oh its still developing, but we need x money in advance.. total hog wash.

Ninjakid

Platinum Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
217%
Jun 23, 2014
Buddy Guy Eh
People have been trying to jam apps down my throat for years.. They just give me calculations and when I ask more about it, they say.. oh its not built yet, or, oh its still developing, but we need x money in advance.. total hog wash.
Assuming one has all the equipment, developing an app costs nothing. What costs money is growing the app to a wider audience. But if they haven't even developed a working app because they don't have money, I call bullshit

D11FYY

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
88%
Mar 13, 2013
Glasgow, Scotland
It is a great post but I laugh how he signs it off in mentioning an App hes on

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Vansita

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
30%
Feb 21, 2015
It is a great post but I laugh how he signs it off in mentioning an App hes on
Well, thats how The cuban cigar does it! But, after watching the shark tank segment, I understand. He believes just like all the other bubbles, too much garbage is being formed, and its going to get noticed soon, and.. POP

MyronGainz

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
91%
Dec 26, 2013
Toronto
I'm a huge Mark Cuban fan, but I think this post was way off.

Comparing small-scale angel investing to the hyper-valuations of companies on some of the world's largest stock exchanges? Mutual funds, retirement funds, pensions, university endowments held positions in tech stocks during the tech bubble.

The post is pure anecdotal, and he realized that, which is why he followed up with this post http://blogmaverick.com/2015/03/05/...is-worse-than-the-tech-bubble-of-2000-part-2/

"Does anyone have any data I can use?" lol

PhotoKid95

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
113%
Feb 24, 2015
Bay Area, CA
I feel like the way investors fund companies at such a high valuation is similar to buying a bunch of penny stocks from different companies...
the ROI on some companies could be insane if they go the right direction.

Jake

Platinum Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
148%
May 15, 2011
Bangkok
"For those who can’t figure out how to be Angels. You can sign up to be part of the new excitement called Equity Crowd Funding. Equity Crowd Funding allows you to join the masses to chase investments with as little as 5k dollars. Oh the possibilities !!"

Fails to mention that investors still must be "Accredited"

But he does point out a significant flaw that comes with putting restrictions or choke points on markets.

TennisOrDie

Bronze Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
132%
Jun 13, 2014
This market is going to crash hard and I'm going to make a ton of money shorting it :)
Every bubble in the history of the world has popped...It's only a matter of time

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2015-04-20 at 3.52.14 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2015-04-20 at 3.52.14 PM.png
    105.3 KB · Views: 22

Digamma

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
301%
Nov 13, 2014
Hog wash it is.
Startups are burning cash like it's pellet fuel, literally wasting it on cool workplaces, cool cars, cool teams. It's absolutely ridiculous how little productive they manage to be with all the talking of "agile" and "fail fast".
It's a time of wonder, really. You see people who don't have a clue, neither on the business not the technical side of things, and these people are getting huge infusions of cash from people who should know better.

I don't know if this market is going to crash or not. I cannot foresee the market.
I also don't know if valuations are off the rails or not. Maybe investors know better than me.
But. I do know that when companies that don't even have a product out yet burn through cash buying Teslas something is F*cking wrong.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.