The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Why Lazy People Never Get Rich

Anything related to matters of the mind

Silverhawk851

Platinum Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
482%
Sep 22, 2012
Toronto/Traveling
Absolutely love this. He's right. It easier to get rich now than ever before, considering the amount of people that are not willing to put in the work.

Listen to this daily when I get up.

And what really sets this guy apart, he mentions briefly, that you must change your thinking from short-term day-to-day to LONG term.

Think of yourself as walking around like Scrooge in "A Christmas Carroll".
Carrying 10 year older version of yourself ghost from futures past, who hasn't realized it yet.
Either be rich, healthy, sexy and happy, or poor, broke, weak and lonely.
You have the option to change the future right now.

What will you do?

I know what I will.
Get to work.

[video=youtube;YfwTQrMwv0k]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YfwTQrMwv0k[/video]

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

passion518

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
169%
Oct 28, 2013
Philadelphia
Yeah, damn near everyone I know is lazy when it comes to work. Even a most business owners, with a few exceptions. Isn't it funny that those "exceptions" are the most successful? Go figure!

FiveOone

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
141%
Jan 16, 2013
Australia
The first 10 seconds of this made me laugh, I was like, did he just say that?? Haha, good vid.

Sir Ingenious

Bronze Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
125%
Nov 15, 2012
Sacrifice + Persistence + Motivation + Vision = Money

Money x Intelligence = Wealth

You notice how above equations doesn't require 'Luck'? That's because wealth is in YOUR hands.

Thanks for the clip.

See you folks at the top!

brickco

Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
160%
Jan 6, 2015
"Lazy" people get rich all the time, it just takes longer. There's a large community of mostly professionals (engineers, lawyers, doctors, etc) whose sole goal is to retire early by saving as much money as possible. They literally put in as little work-years as possible to retire comfortably. It's not fastlane, but a couple that saves $80K per year could easily have $2-3M+ by the time they're 40. It's probably not accurate to paint these people as "lazy" but they're definitely not busting their asses starting new businesses, etc.

kph200

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
122%
Feb 2, 2015
Pune, India
"Lazy" people get rich all the time, it just takes longer. There's a large community of mostly professionals (engineers, lawyers, doctors, etc) whose sole goal is to retire early by saving as much money as possible. They literally put in as little work-years as possible to retire comfortably. It's not fastlane, but a couple that saves $80K per year could easily have $2-3M+ by the time they're 40. It's probably not accurate to paint these people as "lazy" but they're definitely not busting their asses starting new businesses, etc.

Let me tell you no one gets rich by saving 80k per year absolutely no one. But if you invest 80k per year in your business/ideas/etc then you have a great possibility of retiring truely rich. Because after 40years 2-3 million dollar is nothing.
I am not against saving but as MJ says financial freedom game is won on offense...just using saving as a vehicle to get rich is not a good plan.

brickco

Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
160%
Jan 6, 2015
Let me tell you no one gets rich by saving 80k per year absolutely no one.
At 55 this same couple would have $10M... Again, it's not fastlane, but it is a path that a growing number of people take. There's plenty of people in their 40s who are retired strictly through saving.

I'm not saying it's a good plan - in fact, I don't think that's a good plan at all, not for me anyway. I would rather grow my income and lifestyle throughout my life rather than saving it all and then splurging once I'm older. I'm just saying you can be smart and somewhat lazy and still be rich, at a later age, without too much trouble. I, like you, want to do it differently, but there's lots of paths.

Last edited:

wbrett1027

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
34%
Feb 15, 2015
I would beg to differ, depending on about of money you call being rich,
80k a year saved
Say 10%
3% for inflation
Talking 7%

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1432212808.269456.jpg

Brett.W
Brettco LLC
Southern Maryland
"If your scared Go to Church, bored get to work"

wbrett1027

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
34%
Feb 15, 2015
Yes, I was using 8% net of inflation and starting at 25, but the math is powerful either way. It is a reasonable path for high-income people.

Inflation is right around 3% deffentily not 8%

Brett.W
Brettco LLC
Southern Maryland
"If your scared Go to Church, bored get to work"

ClaytonAlbright

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
101%
Apr 25, 2015
Cumming, GA
In the comments section :

I agree that it's usually stupid to spend your raise on luxuries if you're just getting by. But to claim that the only way to be successful is to throw away all your free time and eat, sleep, and breathe work for years, is a bit extreme. I think most people would lose their minds long before that, and from the behaviour of many billionaires, that seems to hold true for them too. I'm absolutely willing to make some short term sacrifices for long term gain, but I work to live, I don't live to work, so it wouldn't bother me if I never become a billionaire.

They define growing a business as "throwing away your free time". In other words it's better to work a 9-5 for 40+ years to hopefully be able to retire with meager means than work your a$$ off for 5-10 years, retire early and live like a king for the rest of your life. It's just as he explained in the video -- they don't think long term.

Rawr

Gold Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
96%
Aug 12, 2007
south florida
I'm guilty of relaxing as I have more success. My advice, and its easier said then done but keep working until you've gotten to a "checkpoint" so to speak. Until you know you have x number of months/years of living expenses and what you need paid off, so if you stop, and stall, then you at least have a big safety net. otherwise, once you stop, and if you stall, with money dwindling the stress of running low gets added to the stress of "starting up again and hoping it'll work again"

I have a few friends with lazer focus. When they find something that makes money, everything else goes out the window- hobbies, etc. Sometimes even food. So many times I've seen these guys forget to eat or forget to get the food out of the microwave they heated up because they're onto the biz tasks. I had to run one friends biz for 2 days once and yeah, thats how it goes when there are dozens of people waiting for you.

And another thing, the society definitely is focused on chilling/relaxing. You're going to get some gravitas from that, and sometimes doubt can creep in whether you're doing it right, or if you're stressing yourself too much, or whether you're picking too superficial of goals. Well, in the end money isn't everything, but it does run the world. Remember the reasons you've chosen, your why, for pursuing your own path to leverage your skill and work ethic - and remember that you have folks just like you who are thinking the same in this world, and on this board. And the collective of that group gets to do the fun and nice things in this life.

Kingmaker

Gold Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
337%
Jan 26, 2013
San Diego
Too bad Kevin Trudeau is doing 10 years in the federal prison for being a fraudster.

No that it takes away from his message, just shows that same mindset and skillset can be used for providing value or scamming people depending on the person you are. Same as 'wolf of wall street'. There are much better examples of people who have a relentless work ethic and get rich ethically:

Rawr

Gold Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
96%
Aug 12, 2007
south florida
Too bad Kevin Trudeau is doing 10 years in the federal prison for being a fraudster.

No that it takes away from his message, just shows that same mindset and skillset can be used for providing value or scamming people depending on the person you are. Same as 'wolf of wall street'. There are much better examples of people who have a relentless work ethic and get rich ethically:

Wow, great. Sad that she rushed to interrupt him and didn't understand his first point. That point was imbued with wisdom, and hard to grasp. If anyone else here has an experienced take on it please do share. I find it relating to MJ's "provide value TO" vs "start a biz because YOU think it'll work."

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.