The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Why do people create progress threads?

Fenix

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
127%
Apr 16, 2014
I'm pretty sure that a reason could be receiving feedbacks, but are there other reasons behind this choice?

If you started one, why did you do it?

Because I'd like to understand if starting one is a good choice for me, and your answers would help me.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

hatzil

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
84%
Nov 29, 2015
Israel
my progress thread isn't not keeping me motivated, im not relying on any motivation or feedbacks. actually- im commited to my progress everyday, but i do not update it on the forum everytime. sure there's up&downs and i still have a lot to learn but the process makes me a happy person.mainly i think thats just fun to read past posts when you make progress, just like looking at old workout photos. and there also good feedbacks outthere from people with experience/knowledge that might help you.

Lex DeVille

Sweeping Shadows From Dreams
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
597%
Jan 14, 2013
Utah
I'm pretty sure that a reason could be receiving feedbacks, but are there other reasons behind this choice?

If you started one, why did you do it?

Because I'd like to understand if starting one is a good choice for me, and your answers would help me.

For some people progress threads help them take action.

Otherwise a lot of people would end up action-faking.

Sometimes people call people out on their bullshit and it helps them surpass their limits.

By bullshit I mean the things they do that don't actually help them reach their goals.

Things like analyzing the usefulness of progress threads for other people and asking if starting one will help you...

There's only one way to know for sure.

Supa

Came for the $. Stayed for the Ice Cream.
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
289%
May 27, 2015
Germany
I like to use mine to share my thoughts with likeminded people, instead of telling it family members and friends who are not likeminded. It's also a nice way to remember yourself where you started, if you click on it to update it you usually are led to your first post.

AgainstAllOdds

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
647%
Dec 26, 2014
Chicago, IL
A good portion of them are individuals looking for feelings of accomplishment -- without taking any action.

It's easier to create a progress thread than it is to take action. However, both give you the same feeling of accomplishment at the start (a progress thread maybe even more so).

wade1mil

Platinum Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
247%
Jun 29, 2011
I created one because Vick's follow along was amazing and helped me during my process. I get more from seeing someone progress from start to finish than I do from overly generalized lessons like "Never give up." Progress threads give forgettable statements like that meaning. My goal was to do something similar to give back to the community.

AllenCrawley

Legendary Contributor
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
420%
Oct 13, 2011
Scottsdale, AZ
I created one because Vick's follow along was amazing and helped me during my process. I get more from seeing someone progress from start to finish than I do from overly generalized lessons like "Never give up." Progress threads give forgettable statements like that meaning. My goal was to do something similar to give back to the community.
I just bumped my Never give up thread, lol.

Napoolion

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
99%
Feb 8, 2014
I did one for accountability and motivation.

In all honesty, it didn't work for me for that part, but I did got some great advice.
I would say it gives you good feedback.

What I learned what concerns about accountability and motivation, I think it is better to think through for yourself what you want to achieve and why, maybe find an accountability partner who is not afraid to tear you down if you are getting lazy.

D

DeletedUser86

On one hand you risk copycat competitors yet on the other we are all here to learn from one another. Like Supa said most people don't think like us and trying to talk with people like that goes nowhere fast. I am thinking about a progress thread yet I'm not sure how much I want to reveal. I also want to wait until I have something of a little more substance. Started building the website and wrote a couple articles in the niche, have MUCH work to do to get it set up the way I want, and once that is done the articles will come easy. It's my first project, my primary goal is learning so I don't care if I make money on it or not yet if I hit on something..

Aaron W

^‿^
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
121%
Nov 25, 2015
Toronto
I made one because it acts like a diary for my events.

I can refer to what I did and if it was a choice that altered the success/failure of my business.

I also hope that people can learn from things I'm doing, whether it be today or in three years time when they come across it.

It's also a great place to sort your mind out. Writing everything down makes it easy to understand your next steps (depending on your progress thread structure).

amp0193

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
444%
May 27, 2013
United States
A good portion of them are individuals looking for feelings of accomplishment -- without taking any action.

It's easier to create a progress thread than it is to take action. However, both give you the same feeling of accomplishment at the start (a progress thread maybe even more so).

I saw the headline and came here to post this.

I started a new personal policy a couple of months ago to not tell people what I'm about to do, but to only tell them what I've already done. It's been uncomfortable, as I don't have those constant feelings of (fake) accomplishment, but it is keeping me hard at work.

BlakeIC

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
100%
Jan 9, 2014
Not Washington
The reason I made mine, was because I finally felt fully committed to an idea and knew that I would make it work

And I wanted some form of a business diary that I could look back on

Although I haven't posted in some days in there

Andy Black

Help people. Get paid. Help more people.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
370%
May 20, 2014
Ireland
I made one because it acts like a diary for my events.

I can refer to what I did and if it was a choice that altered the success/failure of my business.

I also hope that people can learn from things I'm doing, whether it be today or in three years time when they come across it.

It's also a great place to sort your mind out. Writing everything down makes it easy to understand your next steps (depending on your progress thread structure).
^^^ This.

I don't need motivation or accountability.

I'd like to document my progress so I can look back and see how far I've come.

I'd also like to leave breadcrumbs to help my past self (someone following in my foot-steps).

And last, but not least, I get clarity when I put my thoughts down on paper.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.