The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Why d'bags shouldn't interupt your flow

Anything related to matters of the mind

RogueInnovation

Gold Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
170%
Jul 28, 2013
(big fat yawn)

Stretch out, wiggle your toes, and look under your brow, at your latest d'bag, cough a little and take your time to get down to business.

They will PRESS and PRESS and PRESS, but you just wiggle your toes.

D'bags are in abundant supply, after this guy, there will be another, and another. And the real trick is, you gotta know its the "authoritarian" d'bags that are MOST common. Every random wannabe, is going to scowl and rant and rip at you, but here is why they DON'T matter.

NO GOOD BUSINESSMAN SCOWLS.
And by not giving time and respect to the scowling croneys, you can spend your good time, on good business.

Every scowling d'bag, is suffering a POVERTY of IDEAS, and integrity.

Don't worry about them.
Shrug them off.

Be yourself and ignore
- work harder
- you are not IN
- you are crazy
Catch all criticisms

Yawn, smile, and tell those d'bags to slide right on by.
Because they are losers, and you don't need the aggravation.

Enjoy your success, and be awesome with all people you touch, if they are yet to hatch a plot.
Don't be cynical.

Take the time to ENJOY yourself every time a D'bag shows up in your life. Put them second.
Become the best person you can, without the reactionary hassle.

Only wannabes cling

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

RazorCut

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
358%
May 3, 2014
Marbella, Spain
There is a back-story here, I can smell it. :D

marklov

It is a Tiger That Devours Me but I am The Tiger
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
167%
Mar 30, 2014
There is a back-story here, I can smell it. :D
xcdja4.jpg

Digamma

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
301%
Nov 13, 2014
@theag stole it right under my nose.
Truly, if one is not bothered by d-bags, then one would not make long rants about them. But yeah, I agree generally speaking.

RogueInnovation

Gold Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
170%
Jul 28, 2013
There is a back-story here, I can smell it.

Not anymore

Truly, if one is not bothered by d-bags, then one would not make long rants about them. But yeah, I agree generally speaking.

Nobody is immune to d'bags
So its an evolutionary process

My focus in business centers around D'bags
Not so much due to being sleighted, but more so as a way of establishing the truth of events

I think a lot of people are so BITTER about making money or so attatched to the idea (though it comes in varying degrees and it might be validation they want more than money) that the ratio of D'bags in business is a lot higher than in other endevours.

Since there is more drama around the topic (you don't have criminal pole vaulters for example) it makes sense that drama and D'baggery obscures many of the truths that lie at the core of business.

To seperate fact from fiction, you have to stare D'bags in the eyes quite a bit, and even interact with them to get things done, so its important to have a good way to deal with the nastier edge of it.

That said... I find a lot of people who pretend they are pristine and have no worries with people, are just naive, or currently ignorant at business. Peel back the veil on MOST businesses or most people, and you will see the grubby f#cked up sh#t underneath.

The naivety comes in when you THINK there is a big chance that each opportunity is clean and clear.

Most opportunities aren't. Usually there are dirty grubby details to almost everything that will ensnare your time, effort and resources. And you have to have a good way to deal, otherwise you'll end up in quicksand.

In business NEVER cheat, or be a douche, but always have a way to DEAL with things going wrong.
D'bags are VASTLY present.

Anyone who snidely remarks otherwise is either delusional, naive, or fancies themselves a douche king.

This is real life, you gotta look this stuff in the eye, and I'll tell you.
You need a way to deal.
Its a big thing.

Sure you can be smug, but at the end of the day, you'll get stung, and probably not feel as graceful about it as someone who is prepared.
So I'd be less cavalier about it, honestly.

Suuuuuure we can talk about how to build businesses and market and make money, but THAT won't help you in the trenches, when you just got slapped hard as the market begins to saturate and you get cut off, or sleighted.

Idealism is a crock of sh#t, when you are facing opportunities that are murky. You can't just pick another biz, start again, a thousand times over until you get perfectly clear ocean conditions.

I mean yes, in business we talk about how being the best product will seperate you from the pack, but to a large degree that is just about getting you INTO the race when you are already scared or intimidated.

Facts are though, you can easily wind up in clouded situations, and you bet your bottom dollar D'bags will arrive.

How you handle that is a really BIG deal.

Sure you can laugh at me, but in the end it is the same as laughing at the fact you don't wear a seatbelt.
BAM!
You hit something and fly out the windsheild.

What is the point of gloating about trivial sh#t like that?
Its not business minded at all.
Its just obnoxiousness for the sake of it, and in the end what point do you really have other than that you think you are immune? Or other tough guy BS?

Everybody bleeds, you are better of to make sure you know how to treat it, or you are gonna get gang green and have to amputate an aweful lot.

Pfffft
Stuff that

I mean, are you even serious?
Come the f#ck on

Dumb

Last edited:

Mattie

Platinum Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
129%
May 28, 2014
U.S.
I just know ESTJ"s and me clash. And I don't like being supervised 24/7. Although, I know they're necessary in life. I get along with most everyone else. Well I just learned by now, it's not about me anyway. Best case scenario, don't think about it, and move on. Within two hours there will be something else you're thinking and talking about. There's this thing about thinking to much. I used to do a lot of it, and being a perfectionist, I just had to stop thinking and disecting everything. The ESTJ's are the perfect judge's and I can't stand them. I rather not be in there company. Well that's very simple. Don't hang out with those that irritate you, and when you work with them just smile and pretend you like them until they finally leave. :) Bare with it and grin. :) Customer's alright! ESTJ's are always right, so you know to not argue with them. :) You'll never win even if they're wrong and you're right. lol

smarty

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
189%
Jan 2, 2013
lion-quote.jpg

1af70304146bc6c5b44744f138969dc1[1].png

Last edited:

Mattie

Platinum Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
129%
May 28, 2014
U.S.
10369911_791160247642289_6465100335587794720_n.jpg

Luffy

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
69%
Dec 20, 2014
I thought you were talking about the flow state, I've been reading about how to hack the flow state lately.

Ninjakid

Platinum Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
217%
Jun 23, 2014
Buddy Guy Eh
Not anymore

Nobody is immune to d'bags
So its an evolutionary process

My focus in business centers around D'bags
Not so much due to being sleighted, but more so as a way of establishing the truth of events

I think a lot of people are so BITTER about making money or so attatched to the idea (though it comes in varying degrees and it might be validation they want more than money) that the ratio of D'bags in business is a lot higher than in other endevours.

Since there is more drama around the topic (you don't have criminal pole vaulters for example) it makes sense that drama and D'baggery obscures many of the truths that lie at the core of business.

To seperate fact from fiction, you have to stare D'bags in the eyes quite a bit, and even interact with them to get things done, so its important to have a good way to deal with the nastier edge of it.

That said... I find a lot of people who pretend they are pristine and have no worries with people, are just naive, or currently ignorant at business. Peel back the veil on MOST businesses or most people, and you will see the grubby f#cked up sh#t underneath.

The naivety comes in when you THINK there is a big chance that each opportunity is clean and clear.

Most opportunities aren't. Usually there are dirty grubby details to almost everything that will ensnare your time, effort and resources. And you have to have a good way to deal, otherwise you'll end up in quicksand.

In business NEVER cheat, or be a douche, but always have a way to DEAL with things going wrong.
D'bags are VASTLY present.

Anyone who snidely remarks otherwise is either delusional, naive, or fancies themselves a douche king.

This is real life, you gotta look this stuff in the eye, and I'll tell you.
You need a way to deal.
Its a big thing.

Sure you can be smug, but at the end of the day, you'll get stung, and probably not feel as graceful about it as someone who is prepared.
So I'd be less cavalier about it, honestly.

Suuuuuure we can talk about how to build businesses and market and make money, but THAT won't help you in the trenches, when you just got slapped hard as the market begins to saturate and you get cut off, or sleighted.

Idealism is a crock of sh#t, when you are facing opportunities that are murky. You can't just pick another biz, start again, a thousand times over until you get perfectly clear ocean conditions.

I mean yes, in business we talk about how being the best product will seperate you from the pack, but to a large degree that is just about getting you INTO the race when you are already scared or intimidated.

Facts are though, you can easily wind up in clouded situations, and you bet your bottom dollar D'bags will arrive.

How you handle that is a really BIG deal.

Sure you can laugh at me, but in the end it is the same as laughing at the fact you don't wear a seatbelt.
BAM!
You hit something and fly out the windsheild.

What is the point of gloating about trivial sh#t like that?
Its not business minded at all.
Its just obnoxiousness for the sake of it, and in the end what point do you really have other than that you think you are immune? Or other tough guy BS?

Everybody bleeds, you are better of to make sure you know how to treat it, or you are gonna get gang green and have to amputate an aweful lot.

Pfffft
Stuff that

I mean, are you even serious?
Come the f#ck on

Dumb

When I tried to read a sample of your long rant and make sense out of it

giphy.gif

MJ DeMarco

I followed the science; all I found was money.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
446%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah
I see ya'll found the spoiler function, ha ha.

Rawr

Gold Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
96%
Aug 12, 2007
south florida

Yeah, the problem is, you turn into a passive wimp. Selfishness is not only our nature, it is needed. The key is to be selfish yet not hurt others.

RogueInnovation

Gold Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
170%
Jul 28, 2013
I thought you were talking about the flow state, I've been reading about how to hack the flow state lately.
Yup
You want to keep that flow by never getting TOO stuck in meh stuff

Its super important to just shrug off wannabes and focus on really clean, clear goals, no matter what happens, if you do that, you'll float back into flow.

If you overcomplicate things, you can get stuck in the weeds, and screw that.

Last edited:
G

GuestUser113

One week they like me, the next week they hate me, both weeks I get paid. Grant cardon

XhWtpgh.jpg

Luffy

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
69%
Dec 20, 2014
Yup
You want to keep that flow by never getting TOO stuck in meh stuff

Its super important to just shrug off wannabes and focus on really clean, clear goals, no matter what happens, if you do that, you'll float back into flow.

If you overcomplicate things, you can get stuck in the weeds, and screw that.
I always get in a flow state when taking a shower but I want to do it out in the world on demand, that's one of my goals.

RogueInnovation

Gold Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
170%
Jul 28, 2013
I always get in a flow state when taking a shower but I want to do it out in the world on demand, that's one of my goals.

Mine too, in business at least.
I think there are two kinds of flow though, one is high energy and spikes when you do work, and the other is very grounded and has a strong foundational momentum.
Gaining that second type of flow, gives you that gritty traction you need for all the hard churning decisions.

Thats the one you want.
D'bags push you into that first state, only you can pull yourself back into the second.

The-J

Dog Dad
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
264%
Aug 28, 2011
Ontario
Are d-bags that big of a problem? I can't imagine giving them a second thought, with the first thought being 'bless their heart' or something similar. LOL

Don't explain yourself to anyone who doesn't deserve it

Jamesdoesmith

Bronze Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
111%
Aug 14, 2014
read the 48 laws of power, Talks alot about what to do with the peons and frenemies.

hated on so much I grew to be immune to it - RITTZ

Luffy

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
69%
Dec 20, 2014
Mine too, in business at least.
I think there are two kinds of flow though, one is high energy and spikes when you do work, and the other is very grounded and has a strong foundational momentum.
Gaining that second type of flow, gives you that gritty traction you need for all the hard churning decisions.

Thats the one you want.
D'bags push you into that first state, only you can pull yourself back into the second.
Actually there are several kinds of flow states, there is the high energy one that spikes, this one you need in sports, games or anything that pushes you to your limit. Then there is the creative flow, this is the one that allows you to come up with amazing ideas all at once where you can't control it. There are other kinds of flows too like the one you mentioned being grounded, that usually happens after having gotten your mind and body relaxed through either meditation or from getting up in the morning after a good nights sleep.

SlowlaneJay

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
273%
Oct 25, 2014
Bogotá, Colombia
"When you wake up in the morning, tell yourself: The people I deal with today will be meddling, ungrateful, arrogant, dishonest, jealous, and surly. They are like this because they can’t tell good from evil...And so none of them can hurt me."

Mattie

Platinum Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
129%
May 28, 2014
U.S.
Yeah, the problem is, you turn into a passive wimp. Selfishness is not only our nature, it is needed. The key is to be selfish yet not hurt others.

Actually I was passive before I hit psychology. I got more agressive the more I learned about Human Nature, and the Psyche. Then I got selfish! And everyone wished I was the nice obedient passive shy girl that was selfless. And then I bypassed them all and now I guess I am half self-less and the other half got more selfish the more I hung out in here in the Fastlane. This place gives you and Ego. And then I read an old friends blog yesterday and it said, "God doesn't want you to be healthy and wealthy."

And so...hmm...I'm tainted now. I suppose there's no turning back to the passive shy girl. lol She's disappeared for the last four years. So, I guess you answered it, even though I want to be selfless I know when you're selfless you basically lose everything. And if you're looking out for yourself, I guess that means I'm selfish. Hmm...this world is a funny place...with funny ideas...and well I'll just do what I have to do, when I need to do it. And sometimes you don't like what you do, but you have to do it anyway.

Think I look at psychology in a Selfish way. Learning it all, I figured out sometimes the other people are the issue. Not me. lol It explains it. And funny how one would say to me, you have excuse for everything, when you lay out why they behave the way they do. As psychology is an excuse of why human nature exists.

Rawr

Gold Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
96%
Aug 12, 2007
south florida
everything can become mental mastrubation. look at your actions only, and sum them up. Helps if you start thinking too much.

Mattie

Platinum Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
129%
May 28, 2014
U.S.
everything can become mental mastrubation. look at your actions only, and sum them u
Ah...yes...I've learned this lesson in here. Action faking vs. Action Taking. While I do it 2% of my time I know in the past I used to do it 100% of the time. So, if I slip these days, "Sorry!" Thanks for reminding me! :)

Luffy

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
69%
Dec 20, 2014
Not to get woo woo but I think the next paradigm shift after majority of humans accept the idea of reciprocal altruism(meaning everyone is selfish) will be the idea of oneness where we'll stop seeing ourselves as separate individuals and experience ourselves through others which will form true altruism where the idea of selfish and selfless will merge in a sense. So all actions will still be self-motivated but it'll have a new meaning. Just my two cents.

Mattie

Platinum Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
129%
May 28, 2014
U.S.
I think people have to understand the ripple in cause and effect. Your bad choice, ends up touching many people's lives. Fortunately, this would mean people would have to stop playing victim in the lower class, and mature, and grow up. Think that's is one of the challenge's: There's nothing you can do, but give the message. What they do with any advice given is always in their hands. And every moment of life you're making a choice. Emotions and anger get you in trouble. And that one moment you lose it, starts that ripple.

RogueInnovation

Gold Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
170%
Jul 28, 2013
Are d-bags that big of a problem? I can't imagine giving them a second thought, with the first thought being 'bless their heart' or something similar.

Yes. Yes they are.

People get devestatingly paranoid every now and then, and as a result of their weakness they hurt people around them.

Business in itself is relatively easy imo. Even including all the variables and risks. Granted you stick in there long enough and have enough base give-a-f#ck and don't p#ss out.

So their moronic behaviour is just psychotic and harmful, justified by ignorance, and harmful at ALL levels of business and life.

Sure you can try to IGNORE that, but that approach only lasts so long.
And most people are so weak when it comes to d-bags that when they can no longer ignore the issues, they just turn into a d-bag themselves.

To be a good man in business, and live fully, you need to conquer the D-bag stuff.
And not just pass it off.

There is nothing MORE important imho.

Being D-bag free (inside and out) is the only wealth worth my time.
F#ck this parasitic ignorant sh#t.

Last edited:

Mattie

Platinum Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
129%