The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Which marketing strategy works best for start ups

Marketing, social media, advertising

jaxon 24

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
21%
May 16, 2014
Legon
I am planning on starting a Janitory company to provide cleaning services for homes, schools and offices. I am starting this company with no capital, network. I thought designing a website to promote my company was best. want to find out the best Marketing and sales strategyy for a new start up company

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

jon.a

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
329%
Sep 29, 2012
Near San Diego
I am planning on starting a Janitory company to provide cleaning services for homes, schools and offices. I am starting this company with no capital, network. I thought designing a website to promote my company was best. want to find out the best Marketing and sales strategyy for a new start up company
Will this be in Ghana?

Kyle Tully

Silver Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
362%
Jul 13, 2014
Sydney, Australia

The best marketing strategy is to get a client.

Go to someone you know and offer to clean for $10. Do an amazing job. Give them a coupon for a $20 cleaning. Do another great job. Give them a coupon for a $30 cleaning and a free window wash or whatever. Now you have them as a client.

Get referrals from them and repeat the same process.

jaxon 24

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
21%
May 16, 2014
Legon
Thanks. What do u think about printing out flyers and distributing to companies and homes and offering them free service for the first specific number of clients?

jaxon 24

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
21%
May 16, 2014
Legon
Lets say first 10 clients get free cleaning service and every referral attract a discount

jon.a

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
329%
Sep 29, 2012
Near San Diego

jaxon 24

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
21%
May 16, 2014
Legon
When you offer something free people think "what's the catch" and you've got to work hard to sell them.

When you give them a big discount with a good reason why they tend to jump on it without much thought.
Thanks very much. What do you also think about bulk sms and email to some companies schools and homes in addition to your recommendation?

Twiizlar

Bronze Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
112%
Mar 4, 2012
If you have a good website for converting use google adwords.

Print flyers and distribute them to houses in your target market. Door hangers are expensive so you can just rubberband flyers to doors.

Post on free classifieds.

Groupon

Thumbtack

Yelp

Angies List

Facebook/Twitter/Instagram

Andy Black

Help people. Get paid. Help more people.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
369%
May 20, 2014
Ireland
"The best marketing strategy is to get a client"

Awesome advice...

jon.a

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
329%
Sep 29, 2012
Near San Diego
Do the first thing first.

Come back when you've done that and have it cranking then we can talk about the next thing.

Sent from my iPhone using magic.
Another personal example...

Some years ago. I got this idea to clean apartments turning over between tenants. As a test, Mrs jon and I teamed up and cleaned one ourselves. We busted our asses and got it done in one day. We concluded that most employees would not work as hard or diligently as we had and that we would not be able to get the work done profitably with legal employees.

Get one customer. Test your plan. Come back for the next step. Or, quit and move on to something else.

pickeringmt

Gold Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
364%
Apr 24, 2014
Hey man, the BEST thing you can do is go directly to your ideal customer and talk to them.

Do your research up front - find out what they want, really want, from your company.

Once you understand what their motivation is, why they would like your service, you go straight to them and tell them:
  1. the consequences of not fulfilling their desire- why they will hurt if they dont solve their problem
  2. the reward of solving it - all the ways that satisfying their need will benefit them personally and as a company
  3. The benefit of your offering - how your business solves their problem, and gives them every reward they wanted
The underlying motivation for almost everything in this world is CONTROL. You show them how you will give them control over the thing they desire, and they will be your customer for life.

Give them control over the beauty of their home/ business. Give them control over how they feel. Give them control of how they spend their time (not cleaning). Find out what it is and give it to them.

This should be your priority. Websites, flyers, radio, etc. come after you are solving problems for people.

ZCP

Legendary Contributor
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
336%
Oct 22, 2010
Woodstock, GA
Pick up the phone.....
Walk in their door with enthusiasm......
Do not take 'no' for an answer.....
Ask them for others they know.....

Vigilante

Legendary Contributor
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
596%
Oct 31, 2011
Gulf Coast
Do the first thing first.

Come back when you've done that and have it cranking then we can talk about the next thing.

Sent from my iPhone using magic.

Solid. I like you, dude. Good call.

AllenCrawley

Legendary Contributor
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
420%
Oct 13, 2011
Scottsdale, AZ
People get comfortable sitting behind a computer and think the only way to market is online.

I owned a home repair and improvement company. I started by going door to door with a small flyer highlighting my services. I did NOT just hang the flyer on their door or mailbox. I actually knocked on the door. Spoke with people face to face. Eventually after awhile most jobs were referred from satisfied customers and Lowes BUT I would always spend some time after a job was completed going door to door letting the neighbors know I had just finished up a job for their neighbor and would like to offer a 50% off my services if an appointment was booked right then and there.

Kyle Tully

Silver Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
362%
Jul 13, 2014
Sydney, Australia
People get comfortable sitting behind a computer and think the only way to market is online.

I owned a home repair and improvement company. I started by going door to door with a small flyer highlighting my services. I did NOT just hang the flyer on their door or mailbox. I actually knocked on the door. Spoke with people face to face. Eventually after awhile most jobs were referred from satisfied customers and Lowes BUT I would always spend some time after a job was completed going door to door letting the neighbors know I had just finished up a job for their neighbor and would like to offer a 50% off my services if an appointment was booked right then and there.

Yup I've seen the "I just did your neighbours lawn" door hanging tactic go from getting 1/10 to 1/2 response just by knocking on the door and talking to people rather than leaving it at the door.

Combine this with the strategy I talked about above and you can get an entire neighbourhood on your books in no time.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.