The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success
  • SPONSORED: GiganticWebsites.com: We Build Sites with THOUSANDS of Unique and Genuinely Useful Articles

30% to 50% Fastlane-exclusive discounts on WordPress-powered websites with everything included: WordPress setup, design, keyword research, article creation and article publishing. Click HERE to claim.

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Which Home page should I go with

Marketing, social media, advertising

Which Home Page Do You Like Best

• Home Page 1

Votes: 5 23.8%
  • Home Page 2

Votes: 16 76.2%

• Total voters

StartupsRFun

Bronze Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
65%
Jul 2, 2013
I have two homepage layouts that I have created, and am looking for feedback on which one you think I should go with. Some of this stuff is place holders like the how it works, but from a visual standpoint, which one would make you more willing to buy, also any advice on things to add to improve either one would be much appreciated.

Home page 1

p3c7k.jpg

Home page 2

uagqs.jpg

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Ashten

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
128%
May 30, 2014
San Diego, CA
They are both really good, but I would say I would go with Home Page 2 personally. It'd definitely be a deal breaker if you changed the header font color & font style as well, but I'm sure you'd do that anyway. Good luck!

davedev

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
371%
Jun 3, 2013
Florida
My vote is cast for Home Page 1.

Why? I don't like the white text over the photos on Home Page 2. I don't want to work to read. Even though the picture is better (close up on the product), the text ruins it for me.

However I do like the graphic you used under the header more than the one used in Home Page 1.

sle3pyguii

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
121%
Aug 19, 2012
I like the second one, but I'd prefer to see a big CTA button on the banner also rather than having to look a bit down the page to see it.

davedev

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
371%
Jun 3, 2013
Florida
I like the second one, but I'd prefer to see a big CTA button on the banner also rather than having to look a bit down the page to see it.

I agree. Give em somethin to click on above the fold.

StartupsRFun

Bronze Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
65%
Jul 2, 2013
I agree. Give em somethin to click on above the fold.

Take out the photos of the product and just put a big "Buy Now" that takes them to the product page? Or have both?

TheSilverSpoon

Silver Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
309%
Nov 4, 2013
OUR opinions don't matter

Test them both. Look at your numbers and let your CUSTOMERS tell you which ones they like more.
Many times the "better" version of something (in terms of conversions) isn't the prettiest, nicest looking, or most broadly appealing.

Take a look at landing page rotators if you aren't familiar with testing two pages at one time. Good luck!

davedev

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
371%
Jun 3, 2013
Florida
Take out the photos of the product and just put a big "Buy Now" that takes them to the product page?

The photos are good. I'm not sure you should put a buy now. But the best thing you could do imo is to check out some other sites.

https://stripe.com/
https://www.simple.com/index-simplified/
http://www.minaal.com/ (CTA up nice and high, cool copy too)
http://www.freshbooks.com/ (if you're doing white text, go bold on solid strong colors)

Test them both.

Brilliant advice.

StartupsRFun

Bronze Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
65%
Jul 2, 2013
Updated based on the advice given here, thanks guys. Just wanted to share, and will be testing both designs as well.

104mgzq.jpg

Andy Black

Help people. Get paid. Help more people.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
370%
May 20, 2014
Ireland
OUR opinions don't matter

Test them both. Look at your numbers and let your CUSTOMERS tell you which ones they like more.
Many times the "better" version of something (in terms of conversions) isn't the prettiest, nicest looking, or most broadly appealing.

Take a look at landing page rotators if you aren't familiar with testing two pages at one time. Good luck!
^^^ This. We're not your market.

---

Also.

You can't judge a landing page in isolation!

If I'm looking for car insurance, it's a crap landing page.

What is the visitor looking to do when they land?

What were they doing before they saw your ad, author bio, etc that enticed them to click through?

What's their expectation when they landed? Does that experience match that expectation?

If it's was search traffic, then I'd want to know what the visitor was searching for, what ad they saw, THEN I'd want to judge the Search-Term > Ad > LandingPage UNIT.

See these posts:
  1. https://www.thefastlaneforum.com/community/threads/the-holy-trinity-of-paid-search.52673/
  2. https://www.thefastlaneforum.com/co...stake-2-our-landing-pages-dont-convert.52617/

---

What's YOUR goal for the landing page?

Is it to convert visitors into leads/buyers?

Or is it to showcase your site to business partners, potential business partners, investors, etc?

We also need to know that before we can judge a landing page...

Last edited by a moderator:

Mattie

Platinum Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
129%
May 28, 2014
U.S.
I like page 2 :)

JamesSJ

Bronze Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
112%
Apr 25, 2012
I think you shouldn't decide by the personal preferences of individuals here - have both pages built and split test them.
The hard numbers won't lie!

StartupsRFun

Bronze Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
65%
Jul 2, 2013
I think you shouldn't decide by the personal preferences of individuals here - have both pages built and split test them.
The hard numbers won't lie!

Agreed, but was able to get some good advice and links to landing pages that have converted, so nice to incorporate those tips and see if they work.

Tony Nguyen

Action is the foundational key to all success.
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
90%
Mar 21, 2014
WOW, that's hard to decide i like them both, i say test them both and see what your customers like.

Edited LOL this video suits this thread nicely.

Last edited:

StartupsRFun

Bronze Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
65%
Jul 2, 2013
Just launched the website here: EBTPrivacyCover.com

Would love some feedback, as I noticed the amount of people adding the product to their cart and not purchasing seems a little high, even though its only been live a few days, would like to know if anyone sees anything that would indicate why thats happening. I went through and did a test purchase and couldnt find anything, but maybe more eyes could help.

Also just started marketing on FB and working on sending out a press release. Any suggestions on other marketing channels? Thanks

MJ DeMarco

I followed the science; all I found was money.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
446%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah

sle3pyguii

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
121%
Aug 19, 2012
Love the new site. Found a small problem though.

The black and white banner image doesn't fully extend to the right of the screen. There's a gap about between the right edge and the image that's pretty large.

StartupsRFun

Bronze Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
65%
Jul 2, 2013
Love the new site. Found a small problem though.

The black and white banner image doesn't fully extend to the right of the screen. There's a gap about between the right edge and the image that's pretty large.

Thanks, yeah I noticed that too, working on fixing it.

MayaMagpie

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
99%
Jul 11, 2014
London, UK
I'm responsible for another abandoned shopping cart... Wanted to see the process. One thing I would mention is that you offer free shipping - At least nothing was added to the price of the cover when I attempted to check out. People love free shipping! But if it's nor free, you should mention that too.
Other than that, the site looks great.

StartupsRFun

Bronze Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
65%
Jul 2, 2013
I'm responsible for another abandoned shopping cart... Wanted to see the process. One thing I would mention is that you offer free shipping - At least nothing was added to the price of the cover when I attempted to check out. People love free shipping! But if it's nor free, you should mention that too.
Other than that, the site looks great.

Thanks, appreciate the feedback, will set free shipping up tomorrow.

Last edited:

qvantage

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
12%
Nov 22, 2013
I think both homepage designs are good but homepage2 is better then 1 so i would like to recommend that to use for your website.

splok

Gold Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
174%
Jul 20, 2012
Would love some feedback, as I noticed the amount of people adding the product to their cart and not purchasing seems a little high

I'm not sure what the expectations are of your typical traffic, but it took me a while to figure out what the product actually was. It initially seemed like it was something that was meant to hide your credit card number from being seen/photographed (might be a good alternative market for you, since I thought that was a reasonable idea at first impression). I expect that some people are clicking the buy now button in hopes of finding more info.

Also, your main call to action is the "Get My Cover" button which doesn't actually seem to be a button.

Maybe a minor point, but if anyone reads the FAQ, they might be turned off by the suggestion that you need an xacto knife for the "installation". I bet that a lot of your target market has no idea what an xacto knife is. A video showing the proper application and trimming would help, and you should probably just use scissors for the trimming.

rcdlopez

Bronze Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
146%
Nov 12, 2012
Los Angeles
Just launched the website here: EBTPrivacyCover.com

Would love some feedback, as I noticed the amount of people adding the product to their cart and not purchasing seems a little high, even though its only been live a few days, would like to know if anyone sees anything that would indicate why thats happening. I went through and did a test purchase and couldnt find anything, but maybe more eyes could help.

That's normal. I get plenty of abandoned carts and cancelled orders to my site all the time.

Boo Blizzi

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
188%
Mar 3, 2009
Dude... where I'm from, EBT cards are welfare cards.

And if that is the same where you are from... do you really think that many people on welfare will pay "cash" to hide the fact that they have an EBT card?

When I'm in the hood, them girls in the bodega swipe their EBT cards and enter their pin numbers with no shame.

When I'm home in the burbs, them white ladies do the same in Walmart, so Im not sure about the demand and that may be why you are getting alot of abandoned carts.

Also, according to unbounce and a few other relentless split testing marketers, big a$$ orange buttons have a higher ctr than other colors.

Ofc, you will have to test this for your market... but make your buttons pop... they look a lil flat.

Here's and example:
orange-cta.JPG

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!