The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Where to hire commissioned telesharks?

tropikal

PARKED
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
0% - New User
Jul 17, 2014
I'm looking to hire some sales guys to make outbound calls to my customers to sell a high priced training package. Commissions per sale are high. Does anyone have any recommendations on where I can go to find good sales guys for this? I'm sure someone on here has done this before. What is your method for finding these people?

Thanks

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.
Last edited:

mattbau43

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
67%
Jul 18, 2014
Machias, Maine
The market is absolutely FLOODED with these type of jobs. The "eat what you kill" jobs are tough for many experienced salespeople to get behind because they can get a salary with their experience.

Are you willing to share what you are selling or possibly what skill set/knowledge is needed?

oldscool

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
144%
Jul 20, 2011
your internet
The market is absolutely FLOODED with these type of jobs. The "eat what you kill" jobs are tough for many experienced salespeople to get behind because they can get a salary with their experience.

pretty much

tropikal

PARKED
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
0% - New User
Jul 17, 2014

Are you willing to share what you are selling or possibly what skill set/knowledge is needed?

You say the market is flooded with these jobs, where exactly can I see these job listings?

SeanKelly

Bronze Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
63%
Aug 8, 2012
Commission only? Good luck....

chrischapman

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
129%
Aug 3, 2014
Sydney, Australia
find eager teenagers fresh out of highschool to do your calling, just a suggestion. many teenagers don't even know about such opportunities and if you can train them, usually they're pretty receptive.

oldscool

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
144%
Jul 20, 2011
your internet
find eager teenagers fresh out of highschool to do your calling, just a suggestion. many teenagers don't even know about such opportunities and if you can train them, usually they're pretty receptive.

under 18 commission only, I see the cops dropping their coffee and donuts now. LOL.

benhebert

Silver Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
234%
Dec 3, 2012
Traveling
I'm looking to hire some sales guys to make outbound calls to my customers to sell a high priced training package. Commissions per sale are high. Does anyone have any recommendations on where I can go to find good sales guys for this? I'm sure someone on here has done this before. What is your method for finding these people?

Thanks

These don't exist. Anyone good at sales won't work for free for an unproven business.

liquidglass

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
157%
Oct 24, 2011
I'm not sure where you can post it unless you do it on freelance sites. However here is an idea that might balance out the comments.

If you want to offer commission only, I totally get it, I've done that before and it works, to a degree. 20% of your people will want it badly enough and give you 80% of your sales.

Commission does work for those willing to work.

You could do a few things.

1) Look for local telecenters that have recently closed and see if you can get a list of their sales people. Telecenters that close usually have talent in their sales pool. However, they typically spend way too much on rent, etc to be in a big city and appear "big" they justify this by underestimating their break even point and the time it will take to reach. If they have lead producers for the sales people then typically the lead producers will be a major cause of the down fall.

2) How to pay them. Give them a choice.

a) You can offer commission only at a high rate so 50% or whatever you think is astronomically high.
or
b) offer a small base salary at a greatly reduced commission rate. So $300 per week (depending on the cost of living in your area of course) and then a 25% commission. Also you'll strictly monitor and promptly fire anyone not hitting a minimum mark (aka the easy amount) of sales during a rolling period of time. This of course only applies to option b as the weekly salary will be directly from your pocket.

Great sales people will chose option a every single time......contingent on if you can prove it's a viable business model and give them realistic numbers of the amount of work that must be put in to reach certain income goals.

Great sales people always want commission only when it pays well. Because they know just like most of the people here that you can make what you're willing to work for and you can sell yourself out of any financial hardship if you have the vehicle to do so.

Remember the 80/20 rule, 2 great sales people for every 8 mediocre ones.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.