The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Where do I get a SaaS service agreement/contract made?

A topic related to SAAS or APPs

Chris Orlob

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
17%
Apr 8, 2014
Hi guys, I'll keep it brief.

Where do I get a very minimal service agreement made for a SaaS product?

I've been selling without contracts currently (month-to-month), and have been putting this off for a while, while continuing to sell.

Do I need like master terms and conditions drafted by a lawyer? Or just some simple one page document? If it's the latter, where do I get something simple?

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

SIcmart

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
86%
Sep 17, 2012
SoCal
Not sure if they have specifically what you need, but have you checked out rocketlawyer.com?

bernieshawn

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
40%
Jul 14, 2011
The SaaS startup I work for uses a very simple template. Here are the parts:

1. This agreement is entered on this day _____ (the date) between (Party X -- your company) with offices at this location: (your location) and ______ (blank where they put their company name) with with offices at this location: ______ (blank where they put their location)

2. Outline everything that they will get access to. Apps, features, services, account manager, etc. Just a simple bullet list here.

3. Table showing the monthly price, setup fee (if any), and contract terms (12 month agreement, 6 month agreement, month-to-month, etc).

4. Credit card authorization form (Name, billing address, card #, CVC, type of card) -- can also put in an option to get the # over the phone.

5. Table with places for each party to sign (Print name, signature, title/position, phone number, and email).

6. Fine print section -- "by signing, you agree to:" -- link to your Terms and Conditions, Privacy Policy, and whatever else they need to agree to.

7. Boilerplate "We're excited to bring you on board!" type closing statement with your signature.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

bernieshawn

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
40%
Jul 14, 2011
Also, it's good to add a sense of urgency in your contracts. Put something like "Setup fee $500, but we will waive this if you sign by the end of this week", or "Quote valid for 7 days", or something like that.

I believe Salesforce.com makes all of their quotes/contracts self-destruct after 3 days or something like that to add crazy urgency.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.