Enjoy Freedom? Money?

Get Breaking Fastlane Updates.
  1. the entrepreneurs red pill

Talk To Other Millionaire Entrepreneurs ... for FREE!

Some people take advice from millionaires, others take advice from people who want to be millionaires. If you're tired of taking millionaire advice from your broke uncle, your paycheck-to-paycheck friend, or your 30K millionaire co-worker, register today and get the uncensored, and yes, the sometimes uncomfortable truth from real millionaires who live and die in the entrepreneurial trenches.
    register for the fastlane forum

Start Your Own Personal Revolution: Grab the Book that Started it All!

Get The Millionaire Fastlane ||| Download 3 FREE Chapters ||| Learn More

Whats your excuses?

Discussion in 'Mindset, Motivation, Choices' started by (zendolphin), Sep 11, 2012.

1. (zendolphin)

(zendolphin) Warp 6

Speed Points:
    Rep Bank:
    $41,698
    Just read this article
    10 Sobering Lessons Learned After Teaching 88 Struggling Entrepreneurs For 6 Months

This guy dug in and mentored 88 people for 6 months.

Great read on his insights after teaching that many people what to do.

after reading it, and thinking of the many people with excuses as to WHY they cant, I just cant get over how much people self sabotage.

try this out,
    think instead, why not, or HOW can I?

Whats your excuse? what do you do to kill your excuses.
    Why are you so sacred?

Z
    Grimaldo, sal, rogen and 13 others like this.
  2. JAJT

JAJT Ha Ha! Business FASTLANE INSIDER Read The Millionaire Fastlane Speedway Pass

Speed Points:
    Rep Bank:
    $6,241
    3 people like this.
  3. (zendolphin)

(zendolphin) Warp 6

Speed Points:
    Rep Bank:
    $41,698
    Enki likes this.
  4. wade1mil

wade1mil >8^) Read The Millionaire Fastlane Speedway Pass

Speed Points:
    Rep Bank:
    $235
    I use to make excuses why I couldn't do something. When I did that, everything seemed so hard. It felt like I kept running into a wall and getting knocked back farther than where I started. Then you start getting use to getting knocked down as use it as an excuse to not try.

Once I stopped sabotaging myself, I no longer look at the walls as a bad thing. Instead of knocking me back, I just do a crossover move and go onto the next defender. Once you make this change, you feel somewhat unstoppable. You will start to hear the stupid things people use as an excuse not to do something.
    1 person likes this.
  5. Determined2012

Determined2012 130 kph FASTLANE INSIDER Read The Millionaire Fastlane Speedway Pass

Speed Points:
    Rep Bank:
    $681
    This is so true @Wade1mil. I really don't like people who make a bunch of excuses... I don't like that they don't even try to help themselves yet they continue to complain and blame everyone. I can't even stand being around people who think and act this way. Ugh.
    1 person likes this.
  6. Atown512

Atown512 90 kph FASTLANE INSIDER Read The Millionaire Fastlane Speedway Pass

Speed Points:
    Rep Bank:
    $574
    I would say that my standard excuse is that my idea isn't good enough. I literally have a list with well over 100 ideas and I can't for the life of me pick one and run with it. I wish I knew how to kill this excuse, because I know it is the main one holding me back.

This point from the article really got me thinking:
    Entrepreneurs are lonely, but they thrive in a community with others. With a private chat room always on and 15 to 20 members sharing their setbacks, failures, and successes, a thriving connection was created. Live chat was wonderful for creating connections.

Perhaps we could do something like this with members from the forum. I know I could use a swift kick in the ass to get myself started.
    1 person likes this.
  7. MakeItHappen

MakeItHappen 70 kph Read The Millionaire Fastlane Speedway Pass

Speed Points:
    Rep Bank:
    $115
    zendolphin thanks for this share
    i found a lot of truth in this article and some of the mistakes i made myself just a couple weeks ago
  8. Atown512

Speed Points:
    Rep Bank:
    $574
    Anyone interested in doing something like this?
  9. MakeItHappen

Speed Points:
    Rep Bank:
    $115
    Could be done with a group chat via skype.
    I remember something similar when i was playing poker fulltime. I was really nice.
  10. JackEdwards

JackEdwards 280 kph FASTLANE INSIDER Read The Millionaire Fastlane Speedway Pass

Speed Points:
    Rep Bank:
    $23,242
    I think something like that should of been set up for the Fastlane forum competition deal.

I think a lot of people would be interested. Just need to set it up and have people log on..

You would have to ask MJ, But Doesn't this forum software have a live chat function. That might be the easiest way to go.
    1 person likes this.
  11. Atown512

Speed Points:
    Rep Bank:
    $574
    I didn't know the forum had a chat function. Would a PM be the best way to reach MJ? I'll see what he says and if it looks like everything will work, I'll start a separate thread to see who might be interested.
  12. Stam

Stam 15 kph Read The Millionaire Fastlane

Speed Points:
    Rep Bank:
    $25
    I struggle with the same, too many ideas. But I got a little less time to get to any of them, as I have one main idea I run with and 10 in developing states.

But one of them I got a partner on, which I had the expertice to how it should be done, and he loves to do it, then I just lead him in the right direction when needed.

So I would arrange your ideas into categories, and run with the top 10 you get after reviewing them. See which of the ten performs best and go with that one after a while. Get partners on some of them to get them out faster :)

---------------------------------------

For my excuses I will tell my girlfriend about them, then she nags me about it till I get to it =) Works great! Also I regularly chat with a good friend, that I only meet up with once or twice a month to talk success and business with. He gives me really good questions to make me realise my focus, and I do it back to him. So the idea of a live chat room in here would be great. Reminds me of how good (m)IRC was back then when I used it to learn programming.
  13. MamaD

MamaD 10 kph Read The Millionaire Fastlane

Speed Points:
    Rep Bank:
    $20
    Thanks for the share.

I particularly resonated with this point >>

I've been in small groups and masterminds in the past where we shared goals, offered criticism, and brainstormed next steps. It helps...in the beginning but at some point the adrenaline fades away. Members are no longer motivated, too many off-topic conversations, and then fear creeps in to ultimately destroy to groups momentum.

As a result, I've had to go at it alone. No accountability partner and I recognize that I do need one to give that extra push that I need.
  14. The-J

The-J 180 kph FASTLANE INSIDER Read The Millionaire Fastlane Speedway Pass

Speed Points:
    Rep Bank:
    $1,827
    We could do live chat via Skype or set up a Web IRC channel for everyone to log onto.
  15. MakeItHappen

Speed Points:
    Rep Bank:
    $115
    i would like it via skype :)
    maybe open a new thread about the chat group?
    i think quite a few members would be interested in something like this

this would be new to me but if this is the case why not use it yes
  16. Rawr

Rawr 140 kph FASTLANE INSIDER Read The Millionaire Fastlane Speedway Pass

Speed Points:
    Rep Bank:
    $708

1. Don't know how good I am, or even supposed to be. Lies you tell yourself don't count when you wise up.
    2. Once one realizes there is real competition in the real world, mindset goes from "I should do big things!" to "who the F am I to think I'm better than these guys who <probably> are better/smarter/more experienced than I.
    3. If tons of people out there are average, and they are smart, why is this? How can I expect to be something special/make a ton of money when hundreds of millions of people aren't?
    1 person likes this.
  17. Lights

Lights 30 kph

Speed Points:
    Rep Bank:
    $107
    I'm going after my dream now, which is new to me. In the past my excuses were, "You won't make it, you're going to be too old, you're not pretty enough, you're not talented, what would your mother think!?". And to me, all those excuses were waste of time, since my purpose on this world is being corrupted by these thoughts; thoughts of social pressure to be successful even if it means not taking the risk.

That WAS the old me. Then I resolved my confidence to go after my dream after realizing.. truly seeing that this life is finite. I won't be here on this planet forever, and I need the money NOW. I can't wait until I'm 30, 40 or 50... then it's too late.
  18. PatrickP

PatrickP 120 kph Read The Millionaire Fastlane

Speed Points:
    Rep Bank:
    $472
    Follow the needs and solve them.

Don't follow the money.
    1 person likes this.
  19. AndrewNC

AndrewNC Hello FASTLANE INSIDER Speedway Pass

Speed Points:
    Rep Bank:
    $3,998
    I am interested in an ongoing group chat as well. Send me a PM if you guys form one.
  20. Stam

Stam 15 kph Read The Millionaire Fastlane

Speed Points:
    Rep Bank:
    $25
  21. LightHouse

LightHouse 170 kph FASTLANE INSIDER Read The Millionaire Fastlane Speedway Pass

Speed Points:
    Rep Bank:
    $2,865
    Zen, thanks for posting this. There are some great points in the article, the foundation video started to sound internet marketey but over all you get a feel for what he is saying. I like that they had the people fail first, then create the business.
  22. ChickenHawk

ChickenHawk 190 kph FASTLANE INSIDER Read The Millionaire Fastlane Speedway Pass

Speed Points:
    Rep Bank:
    $8,520
    I disagree. True, there are advantages to starting when you're 20, but that doesn't mean it's too late if you're older than that. It just means you'll have to work harder to get your trajectory on-track.

Plus, at 30, 40, or 50, you actually have some advantages -- more capital, more experience, and in some cases, more determination because you know the true drudgery of life in a cubicle.
    1 person likes this.
  23. MakeItHappen

Speed Points:
    Rep Bank:
    $115
    That's true! However if you are 20 years old and know that you want to be an entrepreneur there is obv no reason for not starting RIGHT NOW. :)
    1 person likes this.
  24. ChickenHawk

ChickenHawk 190 kph FASTLANE INSIDER Read The Millionaire Fastlane Speedway Pass

Speed Points:
    Rep Bank:
    $8,520
    Amen to that! The sooner the better. At 20, you'll have more time to reap the rewards of your efforts. People who figure it out in their 20s and pursue their entrepreneurial dreams deserve a ton of credit.

If I could do it all over again, I'd definitely start at 20. I'm just not going to let the fact that I'm in my 40s (yikes!) stop me from getting on the right path now. I still have 30 good years ahead of me. No need to spend those years in a cuble, wishing I'd chosen a different path.

It's almost never too late.
    1 person likes this.
  25. Mike.B

Mike.B 70 kph Read The Millionaire Fastlane Speedway Pass

Speed Points:
    Rep Bank:
    $704
    I used to have a lot of excuses. They're all shit and I know it! I don't even think about why I can't do something anymore, I just make it happen. The only thing that scares me now is poverty, lack of freedom and spending the rest of my time working for someone else!
Certain Xenforo Add-Ons by Waindigo

Follow Fastlane!

Fastlane Toolbox

Sponsors

Postradamus

advertise at fastlane