The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Whats my passion? Im struggling with me

Anything related to matters of the mind

Cruze

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
107%
Sep 6, 2016
Hey Mates,
im from German, sorry for my english ;-)

I need a kick in my a$$ or something like this. Im 27 years old and have web project since 10 years. That was little projects, no big money. Current I have a web shop and sell in my shop and Amazon my own products. But that is not my passion. I earn money and I know, I could earn a lot of more money. But internet marketing isnt my passion, Im not the internet marketing guru.

I dont know what I could do. I want a web project, what is not dependent on Google or Amazon. I want my own project, that helps people. Of course I want earn (a lot of) money, too.

Last week I had a great business idea But unfortunately, the idea was implemented 6 months ago.

I need a big kick in my a$$, i dont know what I can do. Is internet marketing a only thing to earn money in the internet? I hope...no.

Greets!

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

GMSI7D

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
Jan 27, 2016
Lyon, France

this is what we call " to the point " : "no"

you have got 40 000 dollars reps by being to the point

that's what i like : power , might with one word

every word you say is worth dozens of dollar reps.

that's efficiency

excellent.jpg

I need a big kick in my a$$,

Greets!

you are on the right forum.

huven

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
140%
Mar 20, 2017
USA
No. What are you good at? If you are good at something, make it your passion. Make it your hobby. And most of all, make it your business. Do something you love that will make it productive and sell well to people.

JacobBW

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
105%
Mar 28, 2016
Australia
I've gotta disagree with the follow your passion thing.
If you love something, trying to make a business out of it has the distinct possibility of sucking all the passion you have out of it.
What are you GOOD at? What can you make a great business from?
Then spend your down time pursuing your passion... whatever that might be

Andy Black

Help people. Get paid. Help more people.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
370%
May 20, 2014
Ireland
Hey Mates,
im from German, sorry for my english ;-)

I need a kick in my a$$ or something like this. Im 27 years old and have web project since 10 years. That was little projects, no big money. Current I have a web shop and sell in my shop and Amazon my own products. But that is not my passion. I earn money and I know, I could earn a lot of more money. But internet marketing isnt my passion, Im not the internet marketing guru.

I dont know what I could do. I want a web project, what is not dependent on Google or Amazon. I want my own project, that helps people. Of course I want earn (a lot of) money, too.

Last week I had a great business idea But unfortunately, the idea was implemented 6 months ago.

I need a big kick in my a$$, i dont know what I can do. Is internet marketing a only thing to earn money in the internet? I hope...no.

Greets!
You think you're "selling products on Amazon" and doing "internet marketing".

You want a web project, a great business idea that no-one else is implementing, and a passion for what you're doing.

What if you focused on who you're helping?

Amazon and internet marketing then just become channels that allow you to help those people. You're no longer "doing Amazon" or "doing internet marketing".

Would you think in terms of "web projects" if you're trying to help people? How does a "web project" help your target market?

Creating a website and online channels to better help people is just a way HOW you achieve your goal of helping people.

Make "building stuff" your goal and you're just working on a technical project. No wonder it's hard to maintain passion or interest unless you're an engineer type who just loves building things.

You want a great business idea that no-one else is doing.

Hmmm... what if someone up the road from you is really struggling with something and willing to pay for a solution?

Would you walk past them because you prefer to create something "new"?

Would you walk past them because the way you'd help them and make money isn't "sexy" enough?

Would you say no because someone else in the country has decided to solve that problem and might get round to helping that person in a few years?

You see where you might be going wrong?

If not then maybe read this thread:

Michael Moore

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
170%
Apr 6, 2014
Athy, County Kildare, Ireland
You said,
"Last week I had a great business idea But unfortunately, the idea was implemented 6 months ago."

So what.
If that was true then there would only be one type and company for every business.
Look at what they are doing and make yours better.
Study the opposition and kick there arse.

Amazon, web shops, websites etc are at most tools for a particular job.
You need to find who your target market is and if you don't know that then who are you selling too.

Look at Andy Black and all the other forum managers and legendary contributors on site here and your answer is on one of their posts.
Study first, plan an attack second, regroup and fix third and repeat until successful.

To be successful only means having your annual expenses in the bank on January first plus 30% discretionary spends.

Scot

Salad Dressing Empire
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
473%
Jul 10, 2016
Florida
No. What are you good at? If you are good at something, make it your passion. Make it your hobby. And most of all, make it your business. Do something you love that will make it productive and sell well to people.

For the love of god no. This is the worst advice that you can ever give someone about business and is mostly responsible for 98% of small businesses not making it past year 5.

Cruze

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
107%
Sep 6, 2016
Andy Black and Michael Moore...thanks for this impressive answers! That was the kicks I need. I need to change my mind!

Yeah, I will do.

Thanks for all answers in this thread!

Andy Black

Help people. Get paid. Help more people.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
370%
May 20, 2014
Ireland
Andy Black and Michael Moore...thanks for this impressive answers! That was the kicks I need. I need to change my mind!

Yeah, I will do.

Thanks for all answers in this thread!
What competition?

You don't have any competition if you haven't started, and if you *have* started then focus on serving your market rather than what your competition is doing.

IMO, you'd do better to focus less on kicking arses and more on helping people.

Just my 2c...

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.