The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success
  • SPONSORED: GiganticWebsites.com: We Build Sites with THOUSANDS of Unique and Genuinely Useful Articles

30% to 50% Fastlane-exclusive discounts on WordPress-powered websites with everything included: WordPress setup, design, keyword research, article creation and article publishing. Click HERE to claim.

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

What would you pay for?

theBiz

Silver Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
46%
Jul 9, 2009
NY
What are the most important products to you as an entrepreneur both start up or in growth?

Business planning software?
Legal Documents?
Training Courses?

Any feedback would be appreciated. Curious to know what YOU would think is worth paying for.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

yahdmon

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
42%
May 3, 2012
I live in Bloomfield Hills, Michigan
It depends on the business and the product.

For us the most important thing is our phone. We can almost do everything else on paper but for getting sales, a good phones system is essential.

That will change though. Things are about to get jiggly. :eusa_clap:

DrkSide

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
219%
Mar 26, 2013
Three things that come to mind are:

Legal Documents
Dealing with Taxes
Selling to smaller businesses

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
149%
Oct 20, 2012
As a start up, mentors, someone that can help you through all of the obstacles and help you reach where (the mentor is) you want to go quicker/least costly.

Wendy

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
46%
Apr 1, 2013
Singapore
I would pay for e-commerce platforms and books on entrepreneurship.

Unfortunately none of those you have listed.

1. Business planning software - Doesn't sound like it can help me earn $ .
2. Legal documents - Not really a choice. If I need them I need them, lawyers are going to charge me regardless..unless I'm misunderstanding what you mean by legal documents. Memorandum & articles, etc.?
3. Training courses - I'd rather pay for books.

healthstatus

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
147%
Apr 11, 2011
Indianapolis, IN USA
I am looking for a site that would facilitate Mastermind/accountability groups. Finding groups with openings, recruiting new quality members, provide messaging, calendars, lists, notes. the groups should be online, telephone, in person or hybrid.

KC Dash

Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
68%
Aug 10, 2008
Dallas
As a start up, mentors, someone that can help you through all of the obstacles and help you reach where (the mentor is) you want to go quicker/least costly.

I vote for information. I would pay for any info that would get me where I wanted to go quicker and with less headaches, and this usually means learning from someone that has already been there and done it.

SeanKelly

Bronze Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
63%
Aug 8, 2012
obviously not items, but trained efficient (and happy) employees are the most crucial factor to my growth/success and also one of my largest costs

GetShitDone

Bronze Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
77%
Dec 20, 2012
Canada
Legal Documents for sure to not be exposed to any litigation that could of been easily prevented.

Training Courses would be amazing for workers in sales I'd imagine. (Looking forward to reading Chet Holmes's Ultimate Sales Machine book to create a sales empire! :D)

Business planning software for a start-up? If thats what you meant I just write my stuff down :)

---

Ultimately I think a mentor or information of sorts is EXTREMELY beneficial for me in a start-up phase especially if its my first business. This way I can ask many questions and prevent any unnecessary mistakes that will slow me down. I've learned a lot from forums and information sites that would solve my problems and make sure I go through as minimum mistakes as possible since they've been there/done that.

MJ DeMarco

I followed the science; all I found was money.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
446%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah
Any feedback would be appreciated. Curious to know what YOU would think is worth paying for.

I'd pay for whatever was needed at the moment. I'm an "as needed" type person, not a "Gee, what color should my new Lamborghini be when I buy it 2 years from now?"

Bleh. Probably not.

Legal Documents?

Yes, when needed. (In fact, I just bought one a few weeks ago.)

Training Courses?

If those training courses directly impacted the bottomline OR solved the current challenge in front of me.... then YES.

Vigilante

Legendary Contributor
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
596%
Oct 31, 2011
Gulf Coast
Thanks for the reminder! I was 6 days into a free 7 day trial of RocketLawyer. By the way, if you ever need an "off the shelf" legal contract, this worked pretty well for me. I needed 3 contracts in the past week, so I signed up for a free 7 day trial with Rocket Lawyer, created three free contracts (which turned out pretty good, but I am a Paralegal so I knew how to perfect them) and then just cancelled the trial. However, I WILL use their services down the road as they saved me several hours of legal drafting. Within the first 7 days, you can use their wizard to make as many contracts as you want that you can then download via. word. Within the 7 days, you can "downgrade" to a FREE membership, which then operates on a "pay-for-play" basis.

So... sorry to jack the thread but it was a trigger for me to get out of the paid subscription. I would recommend you give them a shot though if you need a standard, off the shelf legal agreement drafted.

:eek:fftopic:

NewsletterScott

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
211%
Apr 4, 2009
Las Vegas
What are the most important products to you as an entrepreneur both start up or in growth?

Legal Documents?
Training Courses?

It really depends on what business you are starting, and what skills you are already bringing to the table.

If you feel like you are bringing the right skills to the table to make the business effective, then you should already know what you need to spend your money on to make your venture a success.

If you are not confident in yourself, maybe the best thing you can do is spend time educating yourself. A great starting point is MJ's book, Rich Dad Poor Dad, The Cashflow Quadrant, and Think and Grow Rich.

After consuming those books, then spend some time asking the questions you don't know the answers to and start doing your own personal research. If you would like to make your learning progress go faster, go and seek out a mentor who has done what you want to do, and who has been in your shoes before. They will be able to guide you and show you what you "don't know that you don't know" yet.

In closing...

As with any venture, you should never violate the Fastlane Commandments as MJ talks about in his book...and you should also make sure you do enough due diligence before launching your idea to ensure the highest likelihood of success.

As long as you are solving a problem, for a market you know exists, and know how to effectively reach that market with a strategically set up marketing funnel that converts with scale...you will be sitting pretty 3-5 years from now.

If you have any further questions, feel free to shoot me a PM.

Best,
Scott

theBiz

Silver Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
46%
Jul 9, 2009
NY
Well for sure one thing has been sticking out the most....

Training Courses
I was trying to stay away from this due to the low barriers to entry and fact that it is not used as a utility.... info is just used then value has gone to 0 after. I wanted to create Utilities such as having access to something you will need over and over again which i believe leads to a longer customer life time value.

...... next question i have.

How could i convey on a sales page that MY suite of Training Courses is actually worth paying for? Im sure entrepreneurs get hit by books daily... if you were to hit a sales page with lets say 6 training books.... identifying market opps, marketing, hiring, sales, etc whatever....

What is to say you actually believe MY products would help you or just be another book? Please let me know exactly what would make you say wow i should buy besides me saying a $5,423,343 value for ONLY $1.99!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I dont think it would be easy, but im sure if business.com said this is the best suit of training manuals weve ever seen that would help alot so maybe testimonials, but that may come with time. Again, right off the bat id like to know would get you trust me or do whatever is needed to buy?

Thanks guys great input. I am once again surprised by actually asking (testing the market) rather than thinking i know because apparently i dont.

theBiz

Silver Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
46%
Jul 9, 2009
NY
bump

NewsletterScott

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
211%
Apr 4, 2009
Las Vegas
How could i convey on a sales page that MY suite of Training Courses is actually worth paying for? Im sure entrepreneurs get hit by books daily... if you were to hit a sales page with lets say 6 training books.... identifying market opps, marketing, hiring, sales, etc whatever....

It comes down to creating the product...giving it to your intended market to try (only a few people), and then getting their testimonial to leverage on the sales page.

If they can say, "XYZ info product helped me achieve amazing XYZ result" then you have yourself a winner.

Remember
Stories Sell...Facts Tell <--Never forget that!

Also... (edit)
On your sales page you want to convey

Here is what I got...
Here is what it will do for you...
Here is what it has done for others...
Now give me your money!
If you aren't happy, here is how I am going to remove all the risk from you purchasing it (your guarantee)

Last edited:

rorschach

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
108%
Aug 28, 2011
Belgium
1. Check out Eben Pagan. The guy built a multi million dollar company on information products. All info products are mostly the same information (because it works) but shown from a different perspective. Look at all the weightloss products. They all boil down to burning more calories then you take in and yet those books sell like crazy. Check out his website and look at all the programs he has. (Altitude | Making Money Training For Entrepreneurs)

2. Don't call them ebooks or books. Thanks to amazon people expect ebooks to be worth no more then $9. Programs and courses on the other hand go for $50+. You're selling the same thing but the percieved value of your product goes up when you call it a program or a course ( or anything other than an ebook).

3. You'd convey the value of your product by using your customer's language. Eben Pagan ( I sound like a fanboy but he has some good stuff) suggests that you talk to one of your "prospects" daily. That way you'll get a feel for what language they use and what is most important to them. If you manage to pinpoint what words and phrases they use then they'll feel as if your program is tailored to fit their needs.

The best selling products on appsumo are training products. I think people keep buying those things because it takes some of the uncertainty away from actually doing it.

theBiz

Silver Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
46%
Jul 9, 2009
NY
Thanks guys ... This is not my business or product just a gift or incentive to pay... So when I bring you to sales page I have added gifts which are training manuals .... But I am seeing a trend testimonials are important which I figured, i will give some free samples to credible journalists and hopefully get the review. Ror I recently noticed that... Great suggestion listen to customers words they keep using and on e you hit the nail on the head if you Include it in copywriting It helps tremendously. Also agree big time never call anything an ebook am now naming them training courses... I think this makes people think I'm providing the steps if your willing to take them.... So it suggest were providing something of value that will work ....IF you are willing to do the work, is that fair? I like that angle.

Ronak

Gold Contributor
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
317%
Sep 13, 2013
Thanks for the reminder! I was 6 days into a free 7 day trial of RocketLawyer. By the way, if you ever need an "off the shelf" legal contract, this worked pretty well for me. I needed 3 contracts in the past week, so I signed up for a free 7 day trial with Rocket Lawyer, created three free contracts (which turned out pretty good, but I am a Paralegal so I knew how to perfect them) and then just cancelled the trial. However, I WILL use their services down the road as they saved me several hours of legal drafting. Within the first 7 days, you can use their wizard to make as many contracts as you want that you can then download via. word. Within the 7 days, you can "downgrade" to a FREE membership, which then operates on a "pay-for-play" basis.

So... sorry to jack the thread but it was a trigger for me to get out of the paid subscription. I would recommend you give them a shot though if you need a standard, off the shelf legal agreement drafted.

:eek:fftopic:

Do you use contracts for your overseas supplier purchases? I'd be curious as to whether you take the same RocketLawyer approach.

Thanks in advance!

Vigilante

Legendary Contributor
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
596%
Oct 31, 2011
Gulf Coast
No. We are expressly clear on all terms. We include all conditions on purchase orders, and typically like to see those reflected on invoices. However, it would be a waste of time to contract with overseas manufacturers, as you're not going to litigate disagreements.

The closest we come is by doing a one page Memorandum of Understanding on big (multimillion dollar) relationships. Those are rare, and generally we have only used them with large companies like Samsung, Daewoo, etc...

@Walter Hay do you agree?

Walter Hay

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
401%
Sep 13, 2014
World citizen
No. We are expressly clear on all terms. We include all conditions on purchase orders, and typically like to see those reflected on invoices. However, it would be a waste of time to contract with overseas manufacturers, as you're not going to litigate disagreements.

The closest we come is by doing a one page Memorandum of Understanding on big (multimillion dollar) relationships. Those are rare, and generally we have only used them with large companies like Samsung, Daewoo, etc...

@Walter Hay do you agree?
@Vigilante I agree completely. I have always regarded the Proforma Invoice (PI) as the closest thing you will get to a binding contract when dealing with Chinese companies.

If someone is ordering the same or similar products regularly, their standard order form carefully drafted to include every possible specification, trading terms, delivery dates and methods etc., can be the basis on which the supplier can make out a PI.

Last edited by a moderator:

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.