The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success
  • SPONSORED: GiganticWebsites.com: We Build Sites with THOUSANDS of Unique and Genuinely Useful Articles

30% to 50% Fastlane-exclusive discounts on WordPress-powered websites with everything included: WordPress setup, design, keyword research, article creation and article publishing. Click HERE to claim.

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

What to do when tired/sleepy/sick?

AdrianMC

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
77%
Jun 2, 2014
Sometimes, your body is just not up to the task of doing something focused. Whenever I'm sick or sometimes after a very huge meal-induced food coma, I find it virtually impossible to read anything more than a sentence or two let alone write code or a blog post. I was wondering what productive activities could we do when our body is in that state.

Of course, if your body actually needs sleep and rest then you should let your body get some rest, but sometimes you're not actually in need of sleep and you just need an hour or so to get through this phase.

The only thing I can think of is listening to podcasts or talks on youtube. Any other ideas?

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Mattie

Platinum Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
129%
May 28, 2014
U.S.
I usually do the same listen to radio stream, audio book, watch something relevant, meditate, sit in quietness, go out in nature, even if it's sitting and observing. I used to sit at the beach a lot back home and watch the seagulls and water. I used to have a fish tank and watch the fish.

Mr.B

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
207%
Nov 8, 2014
Australia
Go for a walk.

birdy05

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
60%
Dec 14, 2014
I personally listen to podcasts or audio books. Something where you can close your eyes and relax. You could also try brain storming ideas and writing it on paper. You don't need to complete any actual content just jot down a few things.

Buntsace

Vroom Vroom
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
115%
Jan 17, 2015
Caffeine / Drugs / Sleep.

You can either force your body to perform or let it rest and tackle it when your 100%. There's no in between lol.

Last edited:

Luffy

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
69%
Dec 20, 2014

Kreedos Phoenix

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
282%
Nov 30, 2014
Phoenix, AZ
Usually if I’m in this state (recently had several turkey comas over the holidays) I sketch, draw, or invite the kid to come in and talk my ear off about his day. It really helps put things in perspective when you listen to a 9 year old talk about his issues.

Zoning out to some Beethoven really opens up the mind as well.

shoaib

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
29%
Jul 14, 2013
When I feel tired & exhausted I ask myself.

Have I completed the work?

If the answer is "No", I immediately visualize the person I want to become. I visualize everything from material and satisfaction aspects and to me (because of my desire) my "future me" edition gives me some "heaven like" energy to complete my work.

If the answer is "Yes", I talk with my loved ones and take rest.

Shoaib

theag

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
297%
Jan 19, 2012
cocaine-is-bad-you-guys.jpg

Journey2Million$

Bronze Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
155%
Jan 3, 2015
Eat smaller meals and eat healthy organic food. Use a juice machine.
Cut out all the refined carbs such as pasta, bread, sugar.
Sounds like you're eating a lot of junk food. I don't get the urge to overeat if I don't eat junk food. Junk food is scientifically & purposely designed to make you overeat.

Last edited:

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.