The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

What should I spend my last few dollars on? (semi-long read)

If you were me, what would you do?

• A

Votes: 1 25.0%
  • B

Votes: 1 25.0%
  • Other- see my reply to this thread

Votes: 2 50.0%

• Total voters

Fulfilled

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
39%
Mar 27, 2014
United Kingdom
Hey guys,

I'm trying to get a perspective from others about my situation.

By the way, I tend to overanalyse things (really, it sucks). You have been warned!

Here it is:

Right now, I have $800 to spend on either

A: Testing different promotions (banners, headline, copy, cta) and products against each other on different traffic sources with the goal of getting a CPA lower than the customer's LTV (aka finding a desire, fulfilling it, then selling it to people by paid advertising)
B: Get 6 kindle books (that are likely to succeed) written up by a freelancer (each has the potential to make 100$-300$ a month, passively)

A is what I really want to do- sell other people's stuff first, optimise the promotion then create business once the promotions work. I really don't like kindle publishing, too much reliance on amazon, potential is small and I don't feel like I'm fulfilling real needs- B is to generate cash flow for A.

But heres the problem, If I start with A and I lose all my money without optimising well enough to get an ROI, I'll have to get a job. Sure I've learnt a lot, but I could have spent that money on option B, where It would have become an asset.

If I choose B and it fails, I would have wasted a month and a 1/2, lost the chance of spending the money on a learning experience and I would also have to look for a job.

If either succeeds, I can continue to spend money testing and building my funnel.

B has a lower risk of failing, but if it does, I would have wasted more resource on it than A. A also has more potential than B if it should succeed, even though that isn't likely.

I have no problem with getting a job, the only problem with it is that it would unnecessarily delay my projects by months. I've procrastinated long enough and now, I finally know exactly what to do. I want to get started right now. I've never been readier to take action

Am I just overanalysing things? :s

What do you think? I'd love to hear your opinion!

- Fulfilled

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Y.B.

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
93%
Feb 7, 2014
Do you really think you will get 6 good kindle books for $800?

Also if you only have $800 and then nothing else, you may to start with 1 or 2 first

MattCour

Silver Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
128%
Aug 17, 2012
NY
If you only have $800, you really can't afford to blow that money. What about a part time gig or side hustle to generate steady cash. That's a ton of pressure to make the right decision!

marklov

It is a Tiger That Devours Me but I am The Tiger
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
167%
Mar 30, 2014
Youre seeking verification , I bet you already know what you have to do;)

Just do it

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.