The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

What Is Your Dream Business?

Vigilante

Legendary Contributor
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
596%
Oct 31, 2011
Gulf Coast
Entrepreneurs rarely retire.

Business for most people is a means to an end. You've heard MJ and others talk about being successful so that you can eventually pursue your passion. Note that this is opposite of the bullshit of "do what you love and you will never work a day in your life." Owning and operating a successful venture, in nearly every case, is a shit load of work. If you do it right, it will enable you to follow your passion down the road.

Are you living the dream? I am not talking about lifestyle here necessarily. Just curious as to what your retirement gig is going to look like.

If you cashed out, but still wanted to do something, what would that be? What does your future look like?

Do you want to retire? (For most entrepreneurs, this only lasts a little over a year before idle hands need something to do again.)

Are you going to raise money for charity? Specifically, what charity and what mechanism.

Do you have a "passion" business you want to run some day? Selling boogie boards on the beach walk? Painting and trying to get your paintings into galleries? Maybe trying your hand at new media? How about teaching?

I have so many things I want to try my hand at. Most likely, I will spend a bunch of time as a horse player (I have already done this at the minor league level, but within a few years plan to escalate to the major leagues.) I have a few charities I am extremely interested in driving cures for, and I'd also like to experiment with some ideas I have in the automotive aftermarket arena. I have also been educated a bit in tax lien investing, but have done very little thus far to use what I have learned in a meaningful way. This year, I will be (hopefully) teaching some entrepreneurial classes at our local community colleges.

What about you? What's your end game?

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Vigilante

Legendary Contributor
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
596%
Oct 31, 2011
Gulf Coast
Our goal is to get the children and grandchildren set. Then, teach them to stay that way.

I have never played Kyosaki's cash flow game, but some type of structured learning is probably what helps with financial literacy. God knows they aren't going to get it in school.

D

Deleted21704

By 30, I'm hoping I can start with the following.

We all have our philosophies on how to 'fix' education...I want to test mine. The goal is to inject freedom back into education through an empire of software and B&M-centric resources for people of all ages.

It all starts with the school SaaS and expands from there:
  1. college & high school guidance SaaS (help unconfuse confused kids through the wisdom of their idols)
  2. corporate enrichment (corporate version of the school SaaS)
  3. experiential learning marketplace (take an inspirational trip, try someone else's job for a day)
  4. national network of folk high schools (as a new model for the used book store / public library)
  5. and eventually...have all of this culminate into a whole new concept of 'school'. Decentralized, largely virtual, and no conventional 'admissions', but with maximal prestige & optimum effect at minimal cost.
It's probably really out-there, but something of immense value to the world, as well as something I'd thoroughly enjoy doing. And it's such a vast project that I'd keep busy for the rest of my life.

This is my Facebook-level idea. Except I'm never going to take it public and actually charge money for it...

Last edited by a moderator:

theag

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
297%
Jan 19, 2012
My end goal is running my own venture capital / private equity fund, including taking on an active role in some companies. For me this combines all elements I wish for my life.. new interesting people and concepts every day, creating value, making money, having an impact, being free, working everywhere in the world, etc.

Thats still a few years away though.

But thats not a problem because my current business is a dream business in itself. Was a shit-ton of work to set up and still a lot of work to put in but now its beginning to run smoothly. It creates a lot of value, my customers love what we do and I see a lot of potential to expand what I currently do. Very exciting times :).

dotyy

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
92%
Jul 14, 2012
A car customization shop. I would want to do it all for high end cars. Collision repair, turbos, wrap them, body kits, wheels. Everything for German cars, american muscle, to supercars. One day I will. I need to learn more about business to be able to run a full on shop like that.

AubreyJ

Silver Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
229%
Mar 26, 2014
Plano, TX
I'd like to own an animal sanctuary- A ranch full of domestic, exotic (ones who can't be returned to the wild), and farm animals where they can live the rest of their lives in peace on an awesome ranch, without having to worry about being abused or being used for food.

Magik

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
255%
Sep 23, 2013
Mentoring/venture capitalism. Once I'm in old age, I'd like to be in a position where I can loan money and help young bucks (and young does) to find their way.

I also would like to be composing music in my own studio for films and making my own records, whether or not I'm making much money from it.

These above things are definitely more long term avenues. I'm not focused on them right now, because I'm not there yet. I do think that there should be some kind of plan, or at least an idea, of where one wants to be. I think the mainstream idea of retirement is bullshit. I actually like to work, so I don't ever want to retire. I just want to have choices and be able to shift gears at a certain point.

davedev

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
371%
Jun 3, 2013
Florida
My end goal is to become an investor. In people and in structures. I'm a big music buff, so investing/restoring a few old Jazz Clubs sounds fun, comedy venues too. It'll be fun working with organic farmers and such-like -- food production too.. orchards of fruit trees. To play a supportive role to the dreamers of the world.

And of course to utilize technology/apps in all of those spaces.

Formless

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
267%
Oct 27, 2013
Dream occupation?

Fighting. K-1 kickboxing or MMA.

Dream super business?

Maybe a 'Khan Academy' that actually multiplies its students' value to society exponentially. Not a supplementary classroom thing.

Dream retirement (something I WILL do)

Open a small bar in Naha, Okinawa, by the beach. It'll be made of wood and the stools will be uncomfortable. The drinks will be plenty and the guests will be creating memories.

I also want to teach combat sports/'martial arts'.

So many things.

Iwokeup

Aut viam invenium aut faciam
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
283%
May 23, 2014
The East Coast
Real estate empire, scholarships and teaching folks as young as I can get to them that "Where there's a will, there's always a path to success."

Iwokeup

FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
283%
May 23, 2014
The East Coast
Dream occupation?

Fighting. K-1 kickboxing or MMA.

Dream super business?

Maybe a 'Khan Academy' that actually multiplies its students' value to society exponentially. Not a supplementary classroom thing.

Dream retirement (something I WILL do)

Open a small bar in Naha, Okinawa, by the beach. It'll be made of wood and the stools will be uncomfortable. The drinks will be plenty and the guests will be creating memories.

I also want to teach combat sports/'martial arts'.

So many things.
Okinawa was awesome

Formless

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
267%
Oct 27, 2013
Ah, man, you've been?

I've wanted to go for 4 years now. Weather. People. Food. Real Karate.

(In my head at least) it's paradise on earth.

The-J

Dog Dad
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
264%
Aug 28, 2011
Ontario
I want to become a small business leader in my community. I want to be looked up to and respected, and I want to be thought of as a man who helps out his people.

I don't really care WHAT business(es) I run as long as it is impacting people in a positive way. I also wanna do all that philanthropic stuff like sending kids to college, investing in young entrepreneurs, things like that.

I also want to be able to influence the political process in my community, as well.

I don't really want to 'retire' but if for some reason I can't work anymore, I want to be prepared.

timmy

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
96%
Jul 29, 2013
Ireland
In 18 years @ age 65
I will be the secret/ silent investor for people who have the right "attitude" to succeed in business. They will seek me out unknowingly as a mentor and/or coach. They will pay me cash and/or barter some product or service in return for services rendered. The risk will appear high for me but simple math and risk evaluation based on the individual ( I just mentored ) will swing in my favour. All money's earned from this income stream ( investments in business) will be put into a non profit trust. This trust will grow and continue to provide start up funding .......allowing people to know and appreciate who "Timmy" really was.

OdorcicD

Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
141%
Feb 2, 2014
I'd love to own and help run multiple golf courses, somewhere where the weather is nearly perfect all year round.
And when I say "help run", that just means I'd be running it whenever I'm not playing a round of golf on my own courses ;)

Vigilante

Legendary Contributor
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
596%
Oct 31, 2011
Gulf Coast
Nothing anyone has mentioned thus far seems out of reach...

Iwokeup

FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
283%
May 23, 2014
The East Coast
Ah, man, you've been?

I've wanted to go for 4 years now. Weather. People. Food. Real Karate.

(In my head at least) it's paradise on earth.
Not to threadjack, but yeah. It's basically Japan's Hawaii

Michael Raphael

Bronze Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
70%
Jul 22, 2013
New York & Florida
I am currently working with a hedge fund to raise money to develop the countries infrastructure and economy. It's a great way to make money of course, but more importantly I love knowing that what I am doing is helping a country that has almost nothing grow.

I definitely do want to work (and be an entrepreneur) till the day I die. I probably would love to get into film/acting as that is a huge passion of mine.

But definitely love the side gig I have now which is my marketing/software firm and helping small businesses.

Oh and I love hotels. My GF and I would love to make huge hotels across the globe.

D

DeletedUser394

I'm going to go completely off the wall.

If I could do anything, I'd be a member of the Pink Panthers, a loosely aligned group of former Serbian armed forces members that rob luxury jewelry stores all over the world, from Switzerland to Dubai. They are in and out in under 30 seconds, and out of the country shortly after.

Some get caught, but nobody ever gets hurt (even though they use guns). The stores recoup their money via insurance. The diamonds are cut and distributed back into the market.

To pull off the perfect crime, and to get away with it. That would be the dream.

Other than that I can pretty much accomplish anything given enough time. What's my end game? Hard to say, too young.

Last edited by a moderator:

GuestUser201

BRAAP!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
133%
Apr 26, 2014
Park City, Utah
Great thread.

For me it's pretty simple:

There are two big ones I want to do. The first is to start my own motorcycle company (electric/hybrid/combustion), and to sell our motorcycles world-wide. When I say world-wide, think yamaha or ktm. I want to be a manufacturer. I'd stick to selling supersports/supermotos/dirt-bikes.

The second is to do oil paintings, sell them, and donate 100% to charity.

Last edited:

joocenasty

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
94%
Oct 30, 2013
We'll I have many for WHEN I'm at that stage

I want to own a beach bar and be the bartender

I want to learn fine watch making and make the watches by hand

I want to build architectural masterpieces

I want to design and fund more efficient and affordable clean energy systems

I want to own a scuba diving exploration company

I want to have a hand in public transportation in the us.... Adopting a state/national high speed rail system

I want to own a record company...

A sports team......

There's just so F*cking much....

AlterJoule

Busy Working.
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
205%
Aug 7, 2014
The money for me is the least important. I want to be home. I want my wife home. So we can enjoy each other and our son more. I want my parents debt taken care of. I want roofs over our heads and maybe a nice trip once a year or two. I don't want to choose between the light-bill or food. I want comfort, safety, control. I want to help others. I want to inspire. I want to teach.

Rawr

Gold Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
96%
Aug 12, 2007
south florida
I spent 3 hours diving at the beach today.. thought maybe being an ocean X would be a gig for me apart from my $ making gig.

On a bigger scale...Impact American mindset - show the young that there is just one thing standing between them and success - a little encouragement, faith, and lots of hard work. How, I don't know, maybe a lecturer but I have this strong urge to really shake things up a bit.

Impact Russian mindset. Bring the best of both together. Show that consumerism is not what sets you free, that Americans don;t have it all figured out, and that the old morals will hold true once US collapses from the lack thereof.

I am afraid I won't get close. For now, working enough where I can point to what I've done and have it open doors is the goal - media, entertainment. A big step just for me is to get on the most popular comedy/improv show in Russia.

tafy

Gold Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
116%
Aug 21, 2013
UK
My dad is old and still loves to run his business, entrepreneurs don't retire they love business. Ideal end game for me is to have lots of hotel real estate and a software company.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.