The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success
  • SPONSORED: GiganticWebsites.com: We Build Sites with THOUSANDS of Unique and Genuinely Useful Articles

30% to 50% Fastlane-exclusive discounts on WordPress-powered websites with everything included: WordPress setup, design, keyword research, article creation and article publishing. Click HERE to claim.

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

What happens when you fail?

Anything related to matters of the mind

AndrewNC

Limitless
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
433%
Nov 14, 2011
What happens when you fail?

I'm not talking about the cold call saying no, or getting rejected by someone you like. That's not even failure, even though I thought it used to be. That's just wining about nothing....

I'm talking about when you "go all in" and everything hits rock bottom.

When your business loses organic rankings and every door you once knew how to open is slammed shut and locked in your face. The stress builds up, impacts you health, and you wind up 90 miles in the middle of the wilderness rushing for a hospital.

That point in your life where you feel that there is no other side from the pain you're going through....

Lessons learned, and words of encouragement:

1 - There is another side..and it is the best feeling you will ever have in your entire life.

2- When you hit that rock bottom in your life, this is something you purposely did to yourself...because this moment in your life where things are at there worst...will teach you the lessons, and develop you into a person that is capable and worthy of attaining that next stage of your journey.

Out with the old (because it no longer suits your goals), and in with the new.

3 - This period of your life can last as long or as short as you choose to let it. The actions you take will get you out of there.

4 - It's a normal part of the process. Don't keep it in. You still have your network and skills - Thanks @LightHouse @SteveO @BaraQueenbee @Imgal and others. You know who you are

5 - In the end, you will realize that it's not a failure at all.. it's an experience and you can choose to label it as you with.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

LightHouse

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
163%
Aug 13, 2007
Northern VA
You got it dude, you have the fortitude to pull through whatever.

To expand on the point of failing.." Just because something didn't work out and crashed, doesnt mean you all the sudden lose your network, your friends, and everything you know. "

The sand and water is still there, the sand castle just got knocked over by a wave. Next time you will build it bigger, further back... and with a freakin' moat.

AndrewNC

Limitless
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
433%
Nov 14, 2011
To expand on the point of failing.." Just because something didn't work out and crashed, doesnt mean you all the sudden lose your network, your friends, and everything you know. "

The sand and water is still there, the sand castle just got knocked over by a wave. Next time you will build it bigger, further back... and with a freakin' moat.
And to expand further - ^he was the one who said this quote to me. (y)

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

ZeroTo100

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
179%
Feb 2, 2016
New York City / New Jersey
Great post.

Most people don't realize that failure is nothing more than a learning experience. There is always something valuable to learn out of failure.

I learned a major lesson when I failed at launching my last startup. We were a nutritional supplement subscription service. The concept was cool - we sold duffle bags loaded with nutritional samples, supplements, and gear. I would have to beg companies to get in on our program and include us in their marketing budget (forking over free product to us). In exchange we would convert those trials into sales for them. Eventually they gave up supplying proudct. Shipping rates were through the roof and margins were minuscule. Although I failed with this startup, there were a few things that I succeeded with. I've learned how to do a product launch and build an email list with paid ads. I learned how to build a community behind my brand. When I sent the email out that notified our users that we were shutting down, people were really upset. They loved us. Most of all though, I learned how to fail fast. You have to follow your gut and shut down your operation when the time is right.

If you are an entrepreneur and you've never tasted failure, you've never really learned anything!

And to expand further - ^he was the one who said this quote to me. (y)

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.