The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

What do you call an entrepreneur who lives in a castle?

John Sullivan

PARKED
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
0% - New User
May 19, 2015
Perhaps with all the news and buzz about Silicon Valley startups, you have dreamt of working at one. Maybe after watching the Pied Piper team on HBO, you have even thought about working at an incubator or a co-working area. But, are you ready to work in a Silicon Valley castle?

The latest Silicon Valley innovation is called "Startup Castle". It has its own website, and describes itself as:

One of the largest estates in Silicon Valley with everything you need to live and launch your greatest ambitions. Huge spaces for living, working, and entertaining. Includes a ballroom, 100-seat theater, bar and lounge for entertaining, full gym with professional equipment, co-working offices, and conference rooms

Read full article here: http://tapwage.com/cheatsheets/2015/05/18/do-you-want-to-work-in-a-startup-castle

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

DaRK9

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
213%
May 23, 2014
(*S)Top level degrees and no tattoos. Very qualifying aspects of a successful Entrepreneur.

John Sullivan

PARKED
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
0% - New User
May 19, 2015
Exactly. Apparently exercising at least 15 minutes per day makes a difference too :/

Dwight Schrute

Ludicrous Speed
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
287%
Oct 27, 2014
where eagles dare
"With private rooms at $1,750 a month, and shared dorms at $1,000 a month, the space isn't cheap. But working among the best non-tattooed, buff professionals that Silicon Valley has to offer, in Downton Abbey setting might be worth it."

People will want to live there in hope that it helps them get their business off the ground.
Can work out, but isn't guaranteed.

But charging $1,000+ a month for rent??
To be honest, I'd rather be the king of that castle.

Polarbeans

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
266%
Nov 18, 2014
But charging $1,000+ a month for rent??
To be honest, I'd rather be the king of that castle.
I pay $ 825 /month in rent. It's no castle, but it has 3 rooms and a king size bed:)

Dwight Schrute

Ludicrous Speed
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
287%
Oct 27, 2014
where eagles dare
It's no castle, but it has 3 rooms and a king size bed:)

And I bet it's a comfortable place.

But in essence, it's a roof over your head.
A $400/month place also provides safety when the weather gets rough.

The "Startup Castle" is presented like "The place where your dreams become true! Castle! Ferraris!".
People will think that they NEED this.
And the castlemaster makes bank.

MJ DeMarco

I followed the science; all I found was money.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
446%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah

Polarbeans

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
266%
Nov 18, 2014
But in essence, it's a roof over your head.
A $400/month place also provides safety when the weather gets rough.

I totally agree, I live a very minimalistic lifestyle, I can basically manage with my laptop, a place to store food and a bed.

But I also live with my girlfriend, who do not want to live like a caveman so I have to adopt:) she pay half the rent and she can fix up our home if she like to.

I appreciate her efforts and believe my life gets better, but it's not essential to my living.

We go to movies, pay for gym memberships, commute etc. all the things you get in this "startup castle" plus you get to live in an environment that foster your entrepreneurial spirit. People pay five figures to spend weekends with one mentors. How bout $1,750 a month to live and breathe with 100 soon (90/10) to be (bi)millionaires?

Plus I bet those living in that way (like a luxury kindergarten for young adults) will be a blast for you, which would be worth the money alone.

Life is not all about working hard, you got to play hard too;)

RHL

The coaching was a joke guys.
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
747%
Oct 22, 2013
PA/NJ
Didn't know that. Well, you learn something everyday.

Yeah, all the time on car forums people post a picture of their Aventador and 599 GTO parked in front of a very modest house or something, and people start ripping into them if they're from other parts of the country.

Except where they are in California, that 3500 ft^2 house is worth 4 million dollars.

Digamma

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
301%
Nov 13, 2014
Reading their list, this sounds like a place full of pompous jerks who made the IT world intolerable in the last 10 years.
Wouldn't live there if I got paid for it. My disgust for the startup culture grows every day I have to deal with these types.

Dwight Schrute

Ludicrous Speed
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
287%
Oct 27, 2014
where eagles dare
Yeah, all the time on car forums people post a picture of their Aventador and 599 GTO parked in front of a very modest house or something, and people start ripping into them if they're from other parts of the country.

Except where they are in California, that 3500 ft^2 house is worth 4 million dollars.

Yep. And it also goes the other way round.
The folks in the sleepy ghosttown I live in think I have a money pooping donkey in my basement when I take a ride with the Chevelle.
What they don't know is that their Volkswagens and Skodas were twice as expensive as the Chevy.

Christian949

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
68%
May 13, 2015
Let me guess: You are tattooed from head to toe and you hate petting dogs?
lol. No not at all, no tattoos or anything like that.

Just the high end field education is a requirement.

Though for some reason I think this is a fun place overall. But the main point that attracts me is building with people that have a drive to succeed also.

Dwight Schrute

Ludicrous Speed
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
287%
Oct 27, 2014
where eagles dare
But the main point that attracts me is building with people that have a drive to succeed also.
Like....THIS FORUM?

You are already here, you don't even have to ask anything most of the time.

Some of the older posts here are just oozing knowledge and inspiration that they are more worth than any castle weighed in gold.

Andy Black

Help people. Get paid. Help more people.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
369%
May 20, 2014
Ireland
Perhaps with all the news and buzz about Silicon Valley startups, you have dreamt of working at one. Maybe after watching the Pied Piper team on HBO, you have even thought about working at an incubator or a co-working area. But, are you ready to work in a Silicon Valley castle?

The latest Silicon Valley innovation is called "Startup Castle". It has its own website, and describes itself as:

One of the largest estates in Silicon Valley with everything you need to live and launch your greatest ambitions. Huge spaces for living, working, and entertaining. Includes a ballroom, 100-seat theater, bar and lounge for entertaining, full gym with professional equipment, co-working offices, and conference rooms

Read full article here: http://tapwage.com/cheatsheets/2015/05/18/do-you-want-to-work-in-a-startup-castle

Lol. Sounds like someone very smart is making money selling shovels. "Startups" are indeed flavour of the month. Fair play to the shovel sellers.

Christian949

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
68%
May 13, 2015
Like....THIS FORUM?

You are already here, you don't even have to ask anything most of the time.

Some of the older posts here are just oozing knowledge and inspiration that they are more worth than any castle weighed in gold.

True and it's free :)

Trivium iz rC

Bronze Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
213%
Jan 23, 2014
I think it's funny how within the last 3 years "Start-ups" are the new hot things. Just like "Incubators" "Silicon Valley" "Co-Working Spaces". Everyone's moving to California & New York and paying retarded amounts of state tax thinking they will cash out there next big idea.

I know multiple people in the valley that are in the process of raising round "F" capital. How can you not make any money after raising 6 rounds?

They actually believe that there Idea is worth something when they have never turned a profit. I always say the same thing to the Silicon Valley People and they get pissed off.

"95% of Silicon Valley companies will never get anywhere, the only reason why your getting funded is because Interest rates are NOTHING & every other asset class is in a bubble"

James Thornton

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
206%
Oct 31, 2014
Exactly. Apparently exercising at least 15 minutes per day makes a difference too :/
Actually, I do 20m/day, and it makes a huge difference. People overestimate what can be accomplished in a day, but underestimate what can be accomplished in a month if they set the pass/fail mark a little lower. It's all about the consistency.

luniac

Platinum Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
158%
Dec 7, 2012
brooklyn
Reading their list, this sounds like a place full of pompous jerks who made the IT world intolerable in the last 10 years.
Wouldn't live there if I got paid for it. My disgust for the startup culture grows every day I have to deal with these types.

this works in more ways than 1 LOL!

Esquire

Divorce Shark
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
244%
Oct 13, 2012
Connecticut
From what little I have seen ... I think the "Start-Up Castle" (concept) is a great idea.

Surround yourself with like minded people ... who are committed to success ... who are committed to avoiding the destructive habits that keep people from reaching their goals ... who hold each other accountable around the clock ... what's not to like ...?

I like THAT idea a hell of a lot better than ... "I'm moving to Scottsdale!" ... as if moving to the State of Arizona is going to magically transform your life.

Mock them if you want ... but my money says ... the folks who commit themselves to something along these lines ... will do well.

P.S. I just read that the Castle is having some problems and is either moving or closing.

So I will add this:

The EXECUTION of the "Castle" idea might be flawed ... but the CONCEPT is on target.

In other words:

If M.J. was running the Castle ... would YOU move in ...?

Bet your a$$ you would. ;)

Last edited:

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!