The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success
  • SPONSORED: GiganticWebsites.com: We Build Sites with THOUSANDS of Unique and Genuinely Useful Articles

30% to 50% Fastlane-exclusive discounts on WordPress-powered websites with everything included: WordPress setup, design, keyword research, article creation and article publishing. Click HERE to claim.

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Webinar or Ebook?

Peakdesire

Burning Desire to Succeed
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
58%
May 16, 2014
Which one do you think is the best way to go? Creating a webinar or Ebook info product?

I have a two great ideas for products and I have no idea should I create an ebook or a free webinar where I could offer a paid product or a bootcamp?

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

theag

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
297%
Jan 19, 2012
I you have 2 product ideas I would create 1 of them and try to sell it. Ebook and webinar can act as lead magnets for that, by splintering off some content.

Peakdesire

Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
58%
May 16, 2014
I you have 2 product ideas I would create 1 of them and try to sell it. Ebook and webinar can act as lead magnets for that, by splintering off some content.

Yeah that's the plan. My question was whether I should create an ebook or a webinar training?

Digamma

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
301%
Nov 13, 2014
Yeah that's the plan. My question was whether I should create an ebook or a webinar training?
I don't think it really matters. Maybe you should go for the one you can do with less investment, start with that, and if it works out go big on the other.

healthstatus

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
147%
Apr 11, 2011
Indianapolis, IN USA
It depends on the niche, the prospects you are targeting and the complexity. If everything is equal, I would go with the webinar.

Peakdesire

Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
58%
May 16, 2014
I don't think it really matters. Maybe you should go for the one you can do with less investment, start with that, and if it works out go big on the other.

Yeah I just I've just heard that you could make a lot more with webinars.

Charnell

Block me if you're a quack
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
276%
Oct 12, 2014
Kansas City
Why not do a webinar, then take that to create the ebook? It's essentially a dictation, just needs transcribing later.

When you say webinar is it going to be live or recorded? Either way you can get it transcribed for you for around $1-$3/minute, then you'll either have to format it or pay someone else to do that for you while you do another webinar.

Peakdesire

Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
58%
May 16, 2014
Why not do a webinar, then take that to create the ebook? It's essentially a dictation, just needs transcribing later.

When you say webinar is it going to be live or recorded? Either way you can get it transcribed for you for around $1-$3/minute, then you'll either have to format it or pay someone else to do that for you while you do another webinar.

Yeah this sounds good. Thanks Charnell.

How kindle stuff?

Charnell

Block me if you're a quack
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
276%
Oct 12, 2014
Kansas City

OnlineGodfather

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
91%
Feb 4, 2013
If you dont mind doing a webinar, i would definitely choose the webinar way since it adds more credibility but make a good plan on how you will execute it.

Silverhawk851

Platinum Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
482%
Sep 22, 2012
Toronto/Traveling
It's all about sales of the target product in the end.

Like @theag said, you just use those two as lead magnets, that upsell to the real product.

Why not do both, test each against each other.
Once you have an ebook, not that much more effort required to create a webinar.

Create Landing Page for each one, sign ups to webinar and ebook downloads.
Then upsell to core product.

See which method sold more and keep doing more of that.

Happy hustlin

Peakdesire

Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
58%
May 16, 2014
It's all about sales of the target product in the end.

Like @theag said, you just use those two as lead magnets, that upsell to the real product.

Why not do both, test each against each other.
Once you have an ebook, not that much more effort required to create a webinar.

Create Landing Page for each one, sign ups to webinar and ebook downloads.
Then upsell to core product.

See which method sold more and keep doing more of that.

Happy hustlin

Awesome! I'll do that.

I can upsell from the webinar but not from the ebook since the ebook is the core product. If that what you ment.

Peakdesire

Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
58%
May 16, 2014
If you dont mind doing a webinar, i would definitely choose the webinar way since it adds more credibility but make a good plan on how you will execute it.

Do you think the fact that I'm 20 years old decrease my credibility?

Yeah I need to buy a course on creating webinars or something.

axiom

Silver Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
287%
Dec 6, 2014
Do you think the fact that I'm 20 years old decrease my credibility?

Yeah I need to buy a course on creating webinars or something.
Nobody needs to know you're 20. Unless your ebook is called "How to be 30".

axiom

Silver Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
287%
Dec 6, 2014
I feel like as long as you know what you're talking about, it doesn't really matter.

William T.

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
67%
Feb 22, 2015
Webinar (Online Course) vs. eBook
I am in the finishing stages of creating an online course to teach on a particular subject that I have spent almost 10 yrs learning. Just a few weeks ago I asked myself the same question should I teach via video or write an eBook. The conclusion I came to was an eBook just like a video course is very time consuming and besides the fact that I'm not that great of a writer I thought about profit. So I compared I can sell an eBook for .99-$5 depending on how good it is, in order to sell it to 4,000 people I may need 400,000 to see it. With a Facebook friend list of 2,400 I am a little shy of that. My thoughts are a video course can be considered a premium product, I have 5-6 hours of video on my current course and I plan to sell it for $350 + I haven't totally decided. So I can try to sell 4,000, $1 ebooks or 11 video courses online. I went with video. But just like someone mentioned above all I need to do is pay someone to transcribe my video course and now I have 2 products. Btw I am 28, age doesn't matter if knowledge is there. GO FOR IT!

Peakdesire

Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
58%
May 16, 2014
Webinar (Online Course) vs. eBook
I am in the finishing stages of creating an online course to teach on a particular subject that I have spent almost 10 yrs learning. Just a few weeks ago I asked myself the same question should I teach via video or write an eBook. The conclusion I came to was an eBook just like a video course is very time consuming and besides the fact that I'm not that great of a writer I thought about profit. So I compared I can sell an eBook for .99-$5 depending on how good it is, in order to sell it to 4,000 people I may need 400,000 to see it. With a Facebook friend list of 2,400 I am a little shy of that. My thoughts are a video course can be considered a premium product, I have 5-6 hours of video on my current course and I plan to sell it for $350 + I haven't totally decided. So I can try to sell 4,000, $1 ebooks or 11 video courses online. I went with video. But just like someone mentioned above all I need to do is pay someone to transcribe my video course and now I have 2 products. Btw I am 28, age doesn't matter if knowledge is there. GO FOR IT!

Awesome!

But why would you sell your ebook for .99-$5 when you can sell it for $47 or similar price point?

Also, how did you figure out how to make the video course? where did you learn how to make it? just google, or did you have a product?

William T.

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
67%
Feb 22, 2015
I have purchased a lot of ebooks in my life and I have never crossed the $19.99 purchase price. If you can produce an ebook worth $47 then that's what I'd do. I have a background in video production. I have spent the last 5-6 years producing a tv show that airs around the world. But that experience isn't necessary in the web world. I would find some people on youtube doing what you want to do and study their format and shape it into what you want. I have purchased a few online courses and watch a lot of how to videos online. I took the elements I found most useful and construction my own format. There really isn't a set format. However there are some ways that seem to work better than others. The saying goes "you're only as good as your resources.

DawnW

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
44%
Feb 2, 2015
I would use webinar to get the opt ins. Have a lower priced ebook as well as a video course. The video course would be higher priced.

Peakdesire

Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
58%
May 16, 2014
I would use webinar to get the opt ins. Have a lower priced ebook as well as a video course. The video course would be higher priced.

Yeah sounds good. Free webinar for opt ins and then offer a high price video course at the end.

Last edited:

Peakdesire

Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
58%
May 16, 2014
I have purchased a lot of ebooks in my life and I have never crossed the $19.99 purchase price. If you can produce an ebook worth $47 then that's what I'd do. I have a background in video production. I have spent the last 5-6 years producing a tv show that airs around the world. But that experience isn't necessary in the web world. I would find some people on youtube doing what you want to do and study their format and shape it into what you want. I have purchased a few online courses and watch a lot of how to videos online. I took the elements I found most useful and construction my own format. There really isn't a set format. However there are some ways that seem to work better than others. The saying goes "you're only as good as your resources.

Are you planning on buying paid ads and getting sales that way? Whats your marketing plan?

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.