The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Walking Away From a Million Dollar (or was it?) Project

Anything related to matters of the mind

niftyg

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
181%
Jun 22, 2013
Vancouver Island
You have an absolutely fantastic idea. Everything makes perfect sense - this is going to be very profitable, after all there are only a few others doing it - all who have multi-million dollar businesses. Shortly after working on the project, be it a day, month or year, you talk yourself out of it.

It's a bad idea, "what was I thinking at the time?" You rationalize every reason why it won't work and can't even remember why you thought it would. Everything makes sense now.

You ponder for a few days and realize that this is not the first time. No matter how much you want to like the idea, you just can't, and it has happened before with previous projects!

Here are a few points that I think may be causing this:
  • The project was doomed from the beginning and you only felt it would succeed because lack of information. Once informed, you see clearly
  • When the tough doesn't get going. Your brain sees the project for what it really is: Something that is going to take years of dedication to see any progress, if any at all. Your ostrich like head sticks its self into the sand. The idea is dead.
  • With all the time invested, the lack of income discourage you. As they say on Shark Tank / Dragons Den: You've been running the business for X amount of years and it's a great idea. Why have you only sold this much?
Can anybody here relate or chime in?

These are just a few examples and I feel that many of you encounter this.

It's my biggest vice right now, which is really bad.... halp.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.
Last edited:

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.