The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success
  • SPONSORED: GiganticWebsites.com: We Build Sites with THOUSANDS of Unique and Genuinely Useful Articles

30% to 50% Fastlane-exclusive discounts on WordPress-powered websites with everything included: WordPress setup, design, keyword research, article creation and article publishing. Click HERE to claim.

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Viral Through PR

Marketing, social media, advertising

GetShitDone

Bronze Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
77%
Dec 20, 2012
Canada
Hi guys,

Our start up has gained fast traction in terms of customers.

It is a very big "word of mouth" type of service that we provide in the sense that people will talk about it a lot to each other. It can easily go viral and has a very 'news worthy' angle to it for journalists to write about.

Now I am confident that it's something worth being on the news... one problem:

We are complete noobs to PR. What do you think is the best way to contact journalists to write about a service that has potential to go viral and benefit them by being news worthy?

I was thinking about sending emails, but wouldn't that just get lost in the clutter that they receive from other businesses?

What would be the best way to go viral via PR ?

PS: If there's any suggestions on going viral by other means such as social media techniques, referrals, etc that is welcome too.

Thank you!

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

SYK

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
227%
Mar 24, 2014
"Viral" PR is often misleading. Many of the viral campaigns - particularly those of big businesses - we see are backed by complex PR strategies and a ton of ground work.

Sounds like you're hoping to pitch to a couple of outlets, sit back and wait for the stories to effortlessly sweep across the internet, bringing millions of eyeballs to your company from all over the world. 99.9% of the time this ain't how PR works.

Given you're entirely new to PR, I'd start here I've run PR campaigns that have reached millions of people. See if you can get yourself 5-10 pick ups in niche outlets related to your product. Use the experience to learn how things work and then build a more substantial PR campaign.

Last edited by a moderator:

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.