The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Viral Marketing with 30 Day Challenge - Approach 10 Women a Day

Marketing, social media, advertising

atmosphere13

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
137%
Jul 23, 2012
San Diego, CA
What's up,

Starting this Monday June 24, I am going to begin a 30 Day Challenge where I approach 10 Women a Day.

I am trying to generate content that causes instant interest and creates repeat visitors. I find that with articles there is a very low return rate.

Also, in the challenge I am challenging the viewers to share the link on social media and for every 10 shares I will add 1 additional day to the challenge. I haven't really seen anything like that before so I'm testing it out.

What do you think? How can I improve this? Thoughts, comments, concerns?

View full article of 30 Day Challenge here: 30 Day Challenge - Approach 10 Woman a DayKnowledge For Men

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

MikeC

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
62%
Dec 4, 2010
Salt Lake City, UT
You could improve it by offering value to the reader. Right now, it seems like this is much more about "the internet" holding you accountable for a goal you want to accomplish.

Nothing wrong with that, but I don't think it's the right route for viral marketing. For example, me as a reader... what do I benefit if you add one more day to the experiment? You get the benefit of approaching 10 more girls, which will probably make your life better in the long run. But I get nothing.

Another barrier in the way of "viral".. I feel this thing has been done tons of times before. Lots of people have approached girls and written about it. In fact, I'd guess that's where you got the idea from... reading another report someone made of approaching women. ;)

If you want a viral article based off of an "experiment", you have to make sure the experiment has never been done before. This way, people will want to read every new article, because you'll be moving into new territory. Approaching 10 new girls a day may be new territory for your life, but it's not new territory for someone who reads these types of articles. Gotta get in their head and think about what they want.

Just off the top of my head... what if you approached 10 elderly people per day, and tried to deduce their most valuable insight gained through living, then applied each insight and tracked your results for 30 days?

I would be interested in reading an article like that.

Obviously not as glamourous as approaching 10 girls per day, and is unlikely to get you laid (hey, you never know! :rofl:). But it is new and valuable.

Or if you wanted to keep the approach 10 girls, maybe add a variation... test approaching 10 girls a day as your normal self, then do it the next day while walking in crutches. How's the response rate? Is it easier to get a phone number? What about a date?

This would be amusing and informative, and actually has the potential to push the bubble of knowledge on the subject.

These are just random ideas, but if you want an article to go viral, you have to think outside the box and push the boundaries. Above all, think of the reader... what's in it for them?

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.