The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Using Face Book Groups for Niche Blogging

Marketing, social media, advertising

HerpMogul

Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
98%
Oct 23, 2013
Locationless
Whats up fastlaners,

As of late I have really been going back and forth on starting a niche blog/authority site. This was majorly because one of my hobbies(which I have enjoyed for over 15 years) is in a area that I have noticed the "site for money" guys haven't reached yet. This specific niche has several groups on facebook that are very active with members contributing content and pain points daily in this specific industry.

Now I have no experience creating these types of sites but I definitely have the knowledge that could be helpful to others in this field. I am very familiar with the customer (reader) and how/where to reach them.

I just picked up a domain and hosting, so literally jumping in head first.

I wondered if anyone else had already done this? and if so were there any steps or tips you'd like to share. I guess this can be a step in due dilligence towards my main goal of an authority site.

The niche I chose has at least 5 active groups with over 3k members(some in multiple groups). These members post pics, ask questions, host raffles auctions and classifieds. Even the top 1% money makers of this industry come into the groups to chime in on debates and clear up myths time to time.

I would really like to leverage my position and somewhat authority within these groups along with my deep knowelge and passion for this hobby to start an off- facebook equivalent. I am sure being on fb helps these groups.. but there have been major "authority" forums previously that were doing great but died out due to owners not understanding the net and how to monetize a hungry crowd..

In a nutshell this is what I am asking:

1. How would you use this large community (which you are an active and known member) to start a off-facebook page.

2. How could I use my relationships with repspected memebers of this community without seeming scammy.. I am really looking to create value

3. I am wanting to do a blog/e-books and e-commerce later down the road

Any help would be appreciated on my first E-income path.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.