The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Trash valet

workinghard

PARKED
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
0% - New User
Sep 21, 2014
Let me start off by saying any help would be appreciated. I recently started a trash valet service and have managed to get permission from 6 different complexes to hang door tags. We offer 3 nights a week door to dumpster service for $10-12 monthly. Out of approximately 700 tags I have literally zero responses. Id like to give up but have received so much positive feed back I feel like I'm missing something. Maybe the contract was too much and month to month is the way to go, maybe I missed the price point? I cant wrap my mind around this. Its in a nice area in a college town. Is it time to hang them up or make one more push? Any advice or familiarity with this type of business would be greatly appreciated.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

workinghard

PARKED
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
0% - New User
Sep 21, 2014
Have you spoken to your target audience and asked them why they didn't buy?
I have spoken to some while on location and received positive feedback for the most part. It is tough to judge if that is due to people just being agreeable or not. I am primarily dealing with college students so I may have missed by not having our electronic registration completed prior to placing door hangers. That and possibly too much information on hangers and a contract for 1 year of service may have been too strong. Again though we haven't signed a single person which almost makes me think this idea maybe lost. Thanks for the response.

Michael1359

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
98%
Sep 8, 2014
Try meeting with apartment management and get them on board. They can offer it as an amenity, have the tenants pay them and then they pay you.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Jakeeck

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
198%
Jun 24, 2014
Phoenix, Arizona
A contract for one year with college students? A lot of students don't stay in the same house for one full year, and generally speaking, garbage is the last thing on their minds. You may have success with an older demographic.

Michael1359

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
98%
Sep 8, 2014
A contract for one year with college students? A lot of students don't stay in the same house for one full year, and generally speaking, garbage is the last thing on their minds. You may have success with an older demographic.

That's exactly how they do it in my large city, and it is extremely successful.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.