The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

This one takes the cake for me!

Mattie

Platinum Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
129%
May 28, 2014
U.S.
"Another gun shooting g goes to prison. One things for sure, this will continue as long as economic conditions in xxx remain the same. They don't care about taking a life because there life has no purpose don't you know?

I didn't say this problem is limited, but make no mistake has xxx its fair share of the murderous pie. And social economic conditions have a great deal to do with it.

um, i think that falls under the socio economic conditions. The differences are black and white...

Pretty presumptious I'd say you are. I'm not excusing his actions because of the lack of meaningful good paying jobs in xxx. Of course he's responsible for his actions. But really! Take a look around, xxx is full of soulless tempory jobs that pay around $10 an hour. Otherwise most high school educated people work part time for even lower pay and no benefits. The mindless press a button job in a factory for $10 an hour is hardly motivation for most people around here."

Now my friend was shot last June and the trial has been on for two days and continues next week. He was white and the guy who shot him for no other reason then to shoot him was for the hell of it, because he wanted to steal a car, stereo and pawn it.

This is just some stupid thinking and beliefs on that I've been reading all over the place. If someone's riding on a motorcycle and doesn't have a weapon and driving away from the person because he's scared after the first three shots, it makes no sense to keep firing away four more shots and kill someone.

I am staying neutral about this for the most part, but I don't know how dumb people can be. Let's just shoot people because we want to play victim and have no purpose in life besides get "Street Cred." This is has nothing to do with skin color or social economics. This is about getting off your a$$ and leaving the hood, and changing your mindset, take responsibility for you life, and stop making excuses. To top it off one of them said, "If my friend was minding his own business and never got on his bike, he'd still be alive."

Good lord. I agree my friend made a stupid error. He should have just called the cops and let them handle the stolen car, instead of riding after them. On the other hand, Maybe if they got a real job instead of playing victim, they wouldn't need to steal cars and shoot people, and my friend wouldn't even been involved at all.

I suppose I'm just blowing off steam, because there's moments I just don't understand some people's mentality. Let's just shoot everyone, because it's so much simpler then taking responsibility for one's life and use their brain and hey, even read M.J.'s book. And probably safer for me to ramble on here instead of the newspaper comments. I don't need to get shot because I'm mouthing off to some gangsta's telling them to get a life.

One other thing I can't stand is the guy's kid is posting free my dad. And everyone else does the same. I guess they have a mindset you just steal, kill, and there are no consequences for their actions. All I have to say is may justice be served. Doesn't matter what your skin color is, you shoot someone, you should pay for the crime. Same rules apply to all of us.

I have compassion, understanding, and empathy for people, but this is just insane. Your financial status isn't a reason to kill someone, because you're to lazy to get a life like the rest of us.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

mayana

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
120%
Apr 26, 2011
Georgia, USA
I'm sorry to hear about your friend, I'm sure that it's very hard to be so close to a case like this!

Unfortunately, crime has ALWAYS existed... and always will - it's part of human nature, I think. I don't know why some people are more vulnerable to this mentality than others. I think it has more to do with the way people are raised than even socio-economic status (there are wide varieties of crimes and many different ways to steal).

I agree that people who kill people to steal their belongings should DEFINITELY be taken off the streets - no question. I hope this guy gets a punishment that provides some closure to the family and friends of your friend.

Mattie

Platinum Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
129%
May 28, 2014
U.S.
Thank You Mayana. For the most part I've handled it quite well the last seven months. I think it was just I watched the video yesterday of him leaving on his bike from the camera they had to present the case. It was just that moment watching the video that gets you, because If you could just say, "Hey! Don't Go!" And the Medical Examiner stuff and finding out all the facts they didn't say seven months ago when it happen.

Like I said last night to my bf, once watching that stuff is enough. It's just rough this week when everything's coming out. And for the most part I just read it once and get back to focusing on my writing stuff.

Crime will always be there, but like you said, when it's someone you know it hits home and probably easier for me then other friends and family because I've had the experience before with a missing person's case. Not to mention I know just to meditate, let it go, and focus on other things. The best thing I can do is use the anger and frustration for leverage and dump it in my writing. The last two days has just been hard with emotions and throwing that energy somewhere in a constructive positive way.

I just decided to stay out of comments in the article, because it's to easy to say something stupid, and I just keep in mind professionalism when you're talking on the Chronicle site. I suppose this was just a safe place to dump it for a second instead of dumping it there and saying something stupid that would come back at me later.

I do say thank you again. Appreciate it! They have one more day next week I think, and I don't see why he won't go to prison. And better just to not to focus on it after that. There's nothing really I can do other then write and advocate later when I'm more neutral about it in poetry, blog form, or even a book.

RogueInnovation

Gold Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
170%
Jul 28, 2013
Hmmm...
Hope you are feeling better.

People imo, follow the easiest route to rationalise these things they know they shouldn't have done.
And, in short, don't rationalise, be accountable.
Because you can't escape what you've done, only face it.
The kids father isn't there because he made a shit choice, sorry kiddo, looks like he screwed you too. Don't blame the police and the victims.

I'm sorry Mattie.

Ronnie

Get Busy Living, or Get Busy Dying.
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
159%
Feb 18, 2013
New York
I've lost so many friends to meaningless crime where I live. Ignorance will always be ignorance and we will never understand the thinking of some people. Only thing we can do is move on in our lives to the beat of positivity. The gangstas will realize too late that they live a life of shame.

Mattie

Platinum Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
129%
May 28, 2014
U.S.
Thanks for commenting. I'm feeling better today.
Don't blame the police and the victims.

Ignorance will always be ignorance and we will never understand the thinking of some people. Only thing we can do is move on in our lives to the beat of positivity. The gangstas will realize too late that they live a life of shame.

This is the interesting one. They do blame the police and victims. They were framed. And then they threaten the witnesses for speaking out the truth. "Snitch!" Just a bad situation all the way around.

That's all I can do is be positive and move on like you said.

Mattie

Platinum Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
129%
May 28, 2014
U.S.
It's ironic exactly 8 months go on the 26th my friend was killed. Today on the 26th of February. Justice was served! The Verdict: First Degree Murder. Amen! That is a great feeling this guy won't be on the street again. Very happy he didn't get away with it. And boy he tried. He took the barrel of the gun and did something with it hoping forensics wouldn't tie the gun to his murder. They have the gun but not the barrel. And for being a tough gangster, it sounds funny you would be using Mommy's gun. And happens to be a rare gun.

And he also left all the bullet casings on the street. Went to the pawn shop and was on camera selling stuff from the car after he killed my friend. And Good Lord, after the verdict: He put on a show. He fainted to get sympathy. I should give him the benefit of the doubt, maybe the stress caused it, or he's just acting in dramatics for the camera's. And really not sure why a lawyer would tell his client to waive a trial and allow the judge to solely to decide his fate. Sounds kind of stupid to me, but either way he received the same fate.

I commented, on Facebook. Let's remind him he's the villain. Not the Victim. I'm very happy the Judge ruled what he did. Maybe it sends a message to his friends and family. Freedom doesn't come to people like him. I'm sure it's difficult and painful for his family, but that's what Lawyers and Judge's are for, to make sure justice is served without allowing emotions and feelings getting in the way.

I'm sorry people have to go through what they do, but at the same time, we all have to grow up and take responsibility for the way we think and behave as citizens.

Sorry for rambling! Just very happy Justice is served! And I suppose at times we question whether Justice is served. In this case it was. :)

MJ DeMarco

I followed the science; all I found was money.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
446%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah
Not sure if anyone's been following the "road rage" story in Vegas, but during the incident, there was one "flash point" where everything could have changed. When the woman returned home, her son told her to call 911. She declined, and instead took to the streets looking for the thug. And now she's dead and a bunch of lives are destroyed, surely on both sides of the encounter.

As I say folks, your choices are made in an instant... and their consequences can transcend a lifetime.

Choose wisely.

Mattie

Platinum Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
129%
May 28, 2014
U.S.
As I say folks, your choices are made in an instant... and their consequences can transcend a lifetime.
I agree. Like the judge said, this guy fired four shots at my friend, stopped, and then fired at him again three more times, and one hit my friend. So he had that moment to think about the consequences in between shots, and decided to fire again. And there was no threat he just shot my friend. My friend got scared and sped away, and they followed him and shot him anyway. So, that is why it's hard to watch the one video. My friend did make a bad choice out of anger and emotion, for some reason I think if he knew what would transpire, I don't think he would have gotten on his motorcycle.

randomnumber314

speed of a drunk camel
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
227%
Jan 7, 2014
Minnesoooota,USA
This woe is me b.s. is unreal. You shoot someone, you go to jail. End of story.

Reminds me of this insanity:
For those who can't watch, here's the YouTube description: "Relatives of Adric White, 18, believe the Good Samaritan who opened fire should have "just left the store." The Good Samaritan told FOX10 News he was shopping at the Family Dollar on Stanton road when he noticed a masked gunman leading one of the employees to the front of the store. "He had the gun to his head. He had him on his knees," said the man. "I drew my gun on him and I said 'Hey don't move.' At that point he swung around and before he had a chance to aim the gun at me I fired. I didn't want to shoot him." "They (the criminals) tend to think that they are the only ones with guns. I've been legally carrying my firearm for a little over four years now, and thank God I've never had to use it until, of course, last night. It just goes to show it's good to have a concealed carry. you never know when your going to need it."

Mattie

Platinum Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
129%
May 28, 2014
U.S.
There was one point when I was getting my degree we talked about this because as a social worker/case worker/parole officer or what ever field with my degree you sometimes have to go into these homes where children have to be taken away, or teach them social skills/parenting skills. We're not allowed to have a concealed weapon on us. On the other hand, it's kind of dangerous situation. I did have the opportunity to be a parent mentor, but the funding for the program fell through. I went to one house, and can say, it wasn't comfortable to say the least, and you have to be observant about where you're sitting, standing, their body language, etc.

After this shooting, I have to be thankful someone was looking after me, because I wanted to do my internship with D.H.S. but obviously everything happen for a reason, to keep me from working in this neighborhood where my friend was killed. A town they're saying is worse then Detroit. And that's just happen to be the last few years since I graduated. So I'm thankful.

I don't like guns personally and don't own one, or even have one in my home. I don't think I'd ever pick one up unless I was backed into a corner where I needed to use one to defend myself. Point being at the time, I considered it while the discussion serviced about our safety as professionals, and dealing with that kind of population and mindset. Thankfully, I've chosen a different path that I won't need too.

Which brings me to the choice of if you have a weapon in your hand, it's to easy to use it and end a life. Like the guy in your video, he's practiced shooting before hand, and never thought he would use it. There was another case one time where a teenager was making pranks at this man's house. He went back to apologize and the man shot him at his front door because he was already angry.

And another two teens messing around with a loaded gun and shot his friend. I can see both sides of it, but at the same time it's to easy to act in anger and emotion and the end result isn't always clear what you're fate maybe.

Ha ha! I suppose I'm a non-violent person in the first place, so martial arts, or non-violent communication would be my choice. I also am aware that we make a choice of hanging out at bars, wrong neighborhoods, and wrong people. So, the choice is always there to stay out of the danger zones. Even when I'm pushed to the edge with people, I'll take the non-violent path, but allow their natural consequences play out.

That being said, there's many situations and circumstances you can't avoid being the target. Like the twin towers, or being on a flight high jacked, or even a school shooting. In those cases you could say like on Flight 93 when Todd Beamer made the choice to be a Hero and said "let's Roll!" There's point you must look a the bigger picture and make that choice knowing the consequences and the result, but to save how many people's lives.

We never know what circumstances we may find ourselves in no matter how cautious we may be. We just have to make that judgment call when we're in the experience.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.